LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

2008-09 San Antonio Spurs Thread

Man, NO went crazy on the three-pointers that last 2 minutes. Gotta hand it to them. Too bad we missed tons and tons of open shots.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by angelv05:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by angelv05:
Wanted you guys to win kinda. I'm a Manu fan.

As a senior Laker fan, I must take away 4 fan points for that last statement.

Manu's a savage. Dude plays so hard and is funny as hell. I wouldn't mind if he was a Laker. Take away 8 points. He's the Argentinian Machine.

I hope you inherit his bald spot.

pantstickle already has.

Hey! I have a receding hairline, not a bald spot!
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
How anyone can not love Manu's style of play is beyond me. The guy oozes heart and clutch. I would take him on my team any day.
Originally posted by TX9R:
How anyone can not love Manu's style of play is beyond me. The guy oozes heart and clutch. I would take him on my team any day.

I don't think the Spurs can be called a boring team anymore. With Parker having emerged last post season, Manu's style of play and their new younger players, they are not the team they used to be when they had D. Robinson.

Matt Bonner, man, I was surprised at how well he was moving his feet when helping on CP3. Bonner had a crazy off night on the FGs.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I never found them to be boring, they play solid team basketball with no ego. I think that's just what haters say because they are tired of them winning all the time.
I never found them to be boring, they play solid team basketball with no ego. I think that's just what haters say because they are tired of them winning all the time.

I completely agree. The Spurs have the highest winning percentage of the four major sports in the last ten years.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Good luck tonight guys
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pantstickle:

I completely agree. The Spurs have the highest winning percentage of the four major sports in the last ten years.

yet somehow are the most non celebrated, non appreciated, non hyped team ever. I'm thinking if they had a TO type who craved attention they would be more popular. It's sad that just winning isn't enough anymore.

yet somehow are the most non celebrated, non appreciated, non hyped team ever. I'm thinking if they had a TO type who craved attention they would be more popular. It's sad that just winning isn't enough anymore.

Nah, we had Rodman before. Pop can't coach p***y wussified players who love to take advantage of this politically correct world.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Nah, we had Rodman before. Pop can't coach p***y wussified players who love to take advantage of this politically correct world.

Besides, do we really want a bunch of bandwagon fans?

Besides, do we really want a bunch of bandwagon fans?

No and that's the best of it all. No matter how well the Spurs play or how many championships they win, not very many bandwaggoners.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

Nope. I don't hate the Spurs at all and I give them all the credit in the world for playing smart winning basketball.

I just find them incredibly boring to watch.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

I wouldn't put Rodman in that catagory, but the Rodman they got was a shell of himself at that time, and didn't last long.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
See you on Christmas Day.....
Share 49ersWebzone