LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 190 users in the forums

2008-09 San Antonio Spurs Thread

Well, it's all on Tony Parker. Let's see what you got?
Originally posted by Joecool:
Well, it's all on Tony Parker. Let's see what you got?

Good luck with that.
Originally posted by dobophile:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Good night, nurse

You guys didn't have a chance before... now you might as well not show up...

Don't be a prick.

Your team sucks.

Go LeBron.

Your buddy warned me 25% for that!

Homerism mod, FTW.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Pretty weak that Ginobli's out. Whether you like him or not, watching him in the postseason is as exciting as anything in sports. it looks like the finals this year will just be a matter of last healthy team standing as pretty much every other team has a significant injury this year. lame.
http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/injured_manu_ginobili_only?utm_source=a-section
Originally posted by nipplehead:
http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/injured_manu_ginobili_only?utm_source=a-section

The Onion steals a lot of their sports stories from Sports Pickle. F those guys.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Good night, nurse

Don't be a prick.

Your team sucks.

Go LeBron.

Homerism mod, FTW.

You might get warned for that.

I'm surprised I didn't get warned for echoing what you said.
Originally posted by TX9R:
Pretty weak that Ginobli's out. Whether you like him or not, watching him in the postseason is as exciting as anything in sports. it looks like the finals this year will just be a matter of last healthy team standing as pretty much every other team has a significant injury this year. lame.

Ginobli is 31 but for how much basketball he has played, he is actually 37.

OK, we MAY have a chance. Parker has really developed into a scoring PG, so we know this former NBA Finals MVP is going to produce.

Now, if our other NBA Finals MVP comes out with guns blazing...then we have a chance. Tim Duncan has been in remission and it seems like he's taking a back seat. Is it age? He's not THAT old. If he could come into the Playoffs with the I own the paint attitude and Pop gives him touches so that he gains momentum, THEN we may have a chance.

The defense is there.

The Onion steals a lot of their sports stories from Sports Pickle. F those guys.

No. DJ Gallo, who runs Sports Pickle, writes for The Onion as well.

No. DJ Gallo, who runs Sports Pickle, writes for The Onion as well.

No, DJ Gallo doesn't. He used to, but they pay s**t and now they rip him off all the time.

Good night, nurse

Don't be a prick.

Your team sucks.

Go LeBron.

Homerism mod, FTW.

You might get warned for that.

I'm surprised I didn't get warned for echoing what you said.

The day is young, and you're still a Spurs fan.

Go Spurs, Go!
Originally posted by TX9R:

Ginobli is 31 but for how much basketball he has played, he is actually 37.

OK, we MAY have a chance. Parker has really developed into a scoring PG, so we know this former NBA Finals MVP is going to produce.

Now, if our other NBA Finals MVP comes out with guns blazing...then we have a chance. Tim Duncan has been in remission and it seems like he's taking a back seat. Is it age? He's not THAT old. If he could come into the Playoffs with the I own the paint attitude and Pop gives him touches so that he gains momentum, THEN we may have a chance.

The defense is there.

Manu is injured and needs a ton of rest. We'll see what happens with him after a good long offseason.

Parker has always been a scoring PG. He's just more confident this season. He's finally stepping up.

Tim Duncan's age is not a big issue, except to the extent that his hurt knees are age-related. A good long offseason might be good for him, too.

The defense is not there like it has been in the past. Pop seems to be interested in orienting this team towards more offense. Lord only knows what he'll do now that playoffs are approaching and Manu is out.

It may be best to cut the playoffs short rather than getting knocked out later on but teams can't think like that. If the Spurs can go deep into the playoffs without Manu, then I think they will gain even more confidence going into next year, especially Tony as a leader of the team with his jumper finally hitting consistently: only if he would work on that 3-point shot this off season.

Anyways, I do feel that it's time for Pop to give the younger guys some valuable experience and an attempt at success for confidence. If they can play well without Manu AND with the younger guys getting more ownership in the victories, then they will be a team to really look out for next year and may have a future building plan around Tony and some of their young guys.
f
[ Edited by Joecool on Apr 7, 2009 at 1:47 PM ]
f

Your self-evaluation is harsh. Your posts are no worse than a D, in my opinion.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Apr 7, 2009 at 1:50 PM ]
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
f

Your self-evaluation is harsh. Your posts are no worse than a D, in my opinion.

Worse than a D in the B, more like it.
Share 49ersWebzone