LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 397 users in the forums

NEW YORK YANKEES REGULAR SEASON THREAD

Originally posted by hec26:
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Originally posted by srcasm76:
Originally posted by Watchutalkinbout:
Fine. Sign Manny, Burnett and Tex. Have fun in 3rd / 4th place with that pitching staff.

I am just waiting for Baby Hank to pop off with some shizzle like : "The Phillies won the World Series because the best team, the Yankees, were not in it."

Who do you like?

Die hard Giants fan!

LMAO!!!! Why bother talking s**t if your team is absolute s**t right now and won't be any better for awhile? Even without Wang and Hughes the Yanks would crush them 9 out of 10 times.

LMFAO worry bout crushing the sox and rays 1st. cuz they owned yall asses this yr

Just b/c its the first time in like 14 years that we missed the playoffs everybody thinks you can talk s**t. Its f**king hilarious when all your s**t talking is over one of the most consistent teams as of late. Yeah as of late it resulted in 1st round exits but I dont see how thats any different then teams like the Cubs and Angels always doing pretty damn good during the regular season then chokin in the playoffs.
Originally posted by hec26:
Fine. Sign Manny, Burnett and Tex. Have fun in 3rd / 4th place with that pitching staff.

I am just waiting for Baby Hank to pop off with some shizzle like : "The Phillies won the World Series because the best team, the Yankees, were not in it."

Who do you like?

Die hard Giants fan!

LMAO!!!! Why bother talking s**t if your team is absolute s**t right now and won't be any better for awhile? Even without Wang and Hughes the Yanks would crush them 9 out of 10 times.

LMFAO worry bout crushing the sox and rays 1st. cuz they owned yall asses this yr

Just b/c its the first time in like 14 years that we missed the playoffs everybody thinks you can talk s**t. Its f**king hilarious when all your s**t talking is over one of the most consistent teams as of late. Yeah as of late it resulted in 1st round exits but I dont see how thats any different then teams like the Cubs and Angels always doing pretty damn good during the regular season then chokin in the playoffs.

It's not the NinerFanMT,we just all collectively know,that as long as ARod is on your team,you guy's are never going to win a World Series.

Me,I'm stuck with the Jays,I don't hate you guys like a Red Sox fan would,but I very much dislike the New York Yankees and everything that they stand for.
I hope the Yankees do sign Manny. He could be the greatest DH of all time. It would also get him out of my division so I don't have to watch him 18 times a year. GO Giants.

Who do you like?

Die hard Giants fan!

Yeah.... My team is terrible right now and I would be the first one to admit it. But the fact that the Giants are NOT expected to win their division... And the fact that the Spanks ARE supposed to win their division, makes the Spanks THAT much worse. I would rather have a team of nobodys that plays together than have a team of superstar divas that dont know what the word 'team' means.

Just because I dont root for the Spanks, doesn't mean I dont follow baseball. Its kind of hard NOT to see the Yankee BS during YankeeCenter during baseball season. If the Giants had $300 million to spend on players, they would have YOUR lineup.

Wang and Hughes??!?!? Serious, Clark? Those guys couldnt hold the Giants bullpen jocks!!! I would love to take 9 of 10 with that starting pitching.

Who do you like?

Die hard Giants fan!

Yeah.... My team is terrible right now and I would be the first one to admit it. But the fact that the Giants are NOT expected to win their division... And the fact that the Spanks ARE supposed to win their division, makes the Spanks THAT much worse. I would rather have a team of nobodys that plays together than have a team of superstar divas that dont know what the word 'team' means.

Just because I dont root for the Spanks, doesn't mean I dont follow baseball. Its kind of hard NOT to see the Yankee BS during YankeeCenter during baseball season. If the Giants had $300 million to spend on players, they would have YOUR lineup.

Wang and Hughes??!?!? Serious, Clark? Those guys couldnt hold the Giants bullpen jocks!!! I would love to take 9 of 10 with that starting pitching.

Seriously incase you haven't noticed the Red Sox have been the big spenders as of late and have become the team to beat in that Division. Its been like that since 2004. Just b/c the Yanks have overpaid a ton of guys especially in the early 2000s doesn't automatically make them the favorite to win year in and year out. All you're doing is believing the hype from the media, and the sad thing is you are all a bunch of hypocrites b/c I know you'd take an owner who wants to win and are willing to spend as much money as the Steinbrenners do to see your team successful.

And you're welcome to try but remember your guy's two runs a game isn't gonna cut it going up against an offense like ours. Yeah you guys have a great bullpen but then again you can't have them pitch complete games when Lincecum isn't pitching.

Who do you like?

Die hard Giants fan!

Seriously incase you haven't noticed the Red Sox have been the big spenders as of late and have become the team to beat in that Division. Its been like that since 2004. Just b/c the Yanks have overpaid a ton of guys especially in the early 2000s doesn't automatically make them the favorite to win year in and year out. All you're doing is believing the hype from the media, and the sad thing is you are all a bunch of hypocrites b/c I know you'd take an owner who wants to win and are willing to spend as much money as the Steinbrenners do to see your team successful.

And you're welcome to try but remember your guy's two runs a game isn't gonna cut it going up against an offense like ours. Yeah you guys have a great bullpen but then again you can't have them pitch complete games when Lincecum isn't pitching.

Thats where you are completly warped as a Yankee fan. The Giants bullpen is dogsh*t. Thats how good the Yankees pitching staff is.

When a team has THAT many marquee players that have put up serious stats with other teams, they should be a favorite to win their division.

And if you watched any baseball this year, you would know that the Yankees had a better Divisional record that the Sox. As far as payrolls go, both teams spend roughly the same amount. Other than the Mets, those two teams spend 25-30% more than any other team in baseball. No wonder tickets at the new Stadium are over $800 a pop.

And give me Georgie-boy back. Little Hank is going to destroy that team.

Who do you like?

Die hard Giants fan!

Thats where you are completly warped as a Yankee fan. The Giants bullpen is dogsh*t. Thats how good the Yankees pitching staff is.

When a team has THAT many marquee players that have put up serious stats with other teams, they should be a favorite to win their division.

And if you watched any baseball this year, you would know that the Yankees had a better Divisional record that the Sox. As far as payrolls go, both teams spend roughly the same amount. Other than the Mets, those two teams spend 25-30% more than any other team in baseball. No wonder tickets at the new Stadium are over $800 a pop.

And give me Georgie-boy back. Little Hank is going to destroy that team.

Hank: Yes, We'd Look At Manny

New York Post - Hank Steinbrenner confirmed on Friday that the Yankees will take a look at free agent slugger Manny Ramirez.

"There's nothing we are not looking at," Steinbrenner told the Associated Press. "And personally, I like Manny. He's one of the greatest hitters in the history of the game. He's a free spirit for sure, but he knows how to win. We like some of the other guys, too. We just don't know yet."

Ramirez hit .332 with 37 homers and 121 RBIs between Boston and Los Angeles this past season.

Link

Giants suck.

[ Edited by Watchutalkinbout on Nov 1, 2008 at 13:35:41 ]

Who do you like?

Die hard Giants fan!

The Yanks have had the wrong appraoch the past 5 years and I don't agree with them taking the hired guns appraoch. It leads to a lack of team chemistry and the results are what you see now. Plus, Brian Cashman makes terrible decisions time and time again. But you can't say the Yanks win because of payroll alone. Take a look a their dynasty from 96-2001. They had a core of homegorwn players, a lot of godo trades, and they signed free agents who filled roles. Wells and Mussina were the only big name FA signings.

C Posada (homegrown) Girardi (bargain basement FA)
1B Tino (trade)
2b Knoblauch (trade) Soriano (home grown)
SS Jeter (homegrown)
3b Brosious (trade)
RF Oneill (trade)
CF Williams (homegrown)
LF Ledee/Spencer (homegrown) Justice (trade)
DH Strawberry/Raines/ Davis (Not huge FA signings)

P Pettitte (homegrown)
P Cone (Trade)
P Wells (FA)
P El Duque (FA)
P Clemens (trade)
P Mussina (FA)
RP Stanton (FA)
RP Mendoza (homegrown)
RP Nelson (trade)
CP Rivera (homegrown)
Yankees Prepare Offer For Peavy

New York Daily News - The Padres reportedly want at least two pitchers and an outfielder for Jake Peavy, and the Yankees are preparing an offer for the former Cy Young winner.

New York could put together a package built around Phil Hughes and Austin Jackson, but more players would have to be involved.

General manager Brian Cashman hasn't placed anything out of the realm of possibilty.

"We hope that piece will play a significant role for this franchise in the future, but that doesn't mean he can't be traded, either," GM Brian Cashman said of Hughes. "He continues to be a guy who gets asked about quite often, so he must be doing something right despite the '08 season."

Link

Yanks Eye Cameron; Could Move Cabrera

New York Post - The Yankees still appear to be interested in Brewers center fielder Mike Cameron and could move Melky Cabrera and pitching to acquire him.

Milwaukee officials have been asking around about Cabrera in an attempt to figure out why he struggled in 2008.

Earlier this week the Brewers picked up the $10 million 2009 option on Cameron.

Jon Heyman of Sports Illustrated reports that the Yankees have asked Alex Rodriguez, who played with Cameron in Seattle, about him.

Link

New York Daily News - The Padres reportedly want at least two pitchers and an outfielder for Jake Peavy, and the Yankees are preparing an offer for the former Cy Young winner.

New York could put together a package built around Phil Hughes and Austin Jackson, but more players would have to be involved.

General manager Brian Cashman hasn't placed anything out of the realm of possibilty.

"We hope that piece will play a significant role for this franchise in the future, but that doesn't mean he can't be traded, either," GM Brian Cashman said of Hughes. "He continues to be a guy who gets asked about quite often, so he must be doing something right despite the '08 season."

Link

Peavy aint go to NY he said on a san diego radio station, he would never go to NY.
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:

Link

Peavy aint go to NY he said on a san diego radio station, he would never go to NY.

He just said like yesterday he put the Yankees and another team on his list.
Cano Trade Buzz Still Lingering

New York Post - The buzz that has been circulating about Robinson Cano ending up with the Dodgers has not gone away, but Yankee officials expect him to remain in the Bronx.

Matt Kemp and Russell Martin are the two players most frequently mentioned as players that could be dealt in return for Cano.

Link

Hell f**king yeah. Do it! Do it! Do it!

Can't Russell Martin play everywhere?

[ Edited by Watchutalkinbout on Nov 7, 2008 at 10:38:08 ]
Originally posted by sachie23:

Who do you like?

Die hard Giants fan!

The Yanks have had the wrong appraoch the past 5 years and I don't agree with them taking the hired guns appraoch. It leads to a lack of team chemistry and the results are what you see now. Plus, Brian Cashman makes terrible decisions time and time again. But you can't say the Yanks win because of payroll alone. Take a look a their dynasty from 96-2001. They had a core of homegorwn players, a lot of godo trades, and they signed free agents who filled roles. Wells and Mussina were the only big name FA signings.

C Posada (homegrown) Girardi (bargain basement FA)
1B Tino (trade)
2b Knoblauch (trade) Soriano (home grown)
SS Jeter (homegrown)
3b Brosious (trade)
RF Oneill (trade)
CF Williams (homegrown)
LF Ledee/Spencer (homegrown) Justice (trade)
DH Strawberry/Raines/ Davis (Not huge FA signings)

P Pettitte (homegrown)
P Cone (Trade)
P Wells (FA)
P El Duque (FA)
P Clemens (trade)
P Mussina (FA)
RP Stanton (FA)
RP Mendoza (homegrown)
RP Nelson (trade)
CP Rivera (homegrown)

GREAT post. People always forget this.
Share 49ersWebzone