LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 315 users in the forums

2008-09 NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers Thread

• A-R-S
  • Veteran
Anywhere to watch the game online?
must admit bynum looks like he hasnt missed a beat and he looks bigger. dude has a jumper now
Bynum is lookin great! has a team high 9 points. Is rebounding and looks like he never got hurt...

Gasol was 3-3 FG when he had to come out because he was bleeding from the lip

Kobe really isn't doing anything basically running around

Fish hit a few shots and made a nice pass to bynum

Radmanovic is actually rebounding and hustling

Odom sucks...hes making alot of mental mistakes
  • Brew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Bynum is lookin great! has a team high 9 points. Is rebounding and looks like he never got hurt...

[b]Odom sucks...hes making alot of mental mistakes[/b]

are players allowed to smoke weed during the offseason?
Originally posted by qnbrew88:

[b]Odom sucks...hes making alot of mental mistakes[/b]

are players allowed to smoke weed during the offseason?

Ask Josh Howard
I can't see the lakers finishing anywhere but first in the West....Bynum looks soooo good...
Originally posted by GameOver:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Okh, so I know longer live in my Southern Cali residence...soo...is there anyway I can catch the games online? Any assistance? I have a mac if that helps/hurts...

So wait.........are you saying that you "know" you don't live in SoCal anymore, or that you "no" longer live there???

lol, i no longer live in SoCal...

freakin Stoney...lol

You gunna attend any games GameOver?

Well Ill be home in January...I'd like to score a game during then...and then I wanna find out when the Lakers come down to Oakland and go to that game too...

Are you away at school? If so where do you go?

I am away for school, I attend University of San Francisco so yeah, closer to my 49ers, but farther from my Lakers...

Oh well...
Wish I could've seen the game, but from what I've been reading Bynum looked good and that's all that matters
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Wish I could've seen the game, but from what I've been reading Bynum looked good and that's all that matters

yeah he looked like a beast out there
My opinion about last night's game.

Odom, Gasol, Bryant, Fisher, Radmanovic: Aside from Gasol's jumper looking good, nothing interesting here. 1st game of the preseason.

Crawford, Mbenga, Heath, Giles:

Trevor Ariza- After looking a little lost in the offense in the 1st half and being a little out of control defensively, he had a great 3rd quarter. Very active defensively, getting steals, deflecting passes, and just being a pain in the ass. Offensively he made some really good off the ball cuts that led to easy hoops. Knocked down a 20 footer without hesititaion, which is good to see. Looked lost early, which contributed to the Laker turnover problems, but played to his strengths later. Grade: B-

Jordan Farmar- Looked pretty good. Still gave up penetration, but not as much as last year. Offensively, he knows his role very, very well. Made smart decisions on when to shoot and when to drive. Speaking of which, he went to the hole a lot more than he did last year, and hopefully that continues. He's too athletic to just float around the 3 point line. The offense stalled a bit when he wasn't surrounded by starters, and he needs to learn how to take charge of the 2nd unit. Grade: B-

Chris Mihm- It was nice to see him get some floor time and play extended minutes. He ran the floor well and battle for rebounding position. Had decent lift on the couple of post moves that he had. But I've yet to see much of his old athleticism. Good to see him back, but he didn't do anything significant, IMO. Grade: D+

Coby Karl- Knows the triangle well and showed some good passing ability, but for someone who's renouned as a shooter, dude never seems to knock anything down. Played so-so defensively. Grade: D+

Josh Powell- I think I'm going to be a big fan of this guy very quickly. Hustles his butt off and already works very well within the triangle. He reminds me a lot of Ronny, without the shot-blocking but better on the defensive glass. Did everything that you'd like your back up big guys to do. No complaints about his game yesterday. Grade: A

and of course....

Andrew Bynum- Believe it or not, I actually didn't like the way Bynum looked last night. Forget about the stats for a second. His value to this team is in his ability to physically dominate, grab defensive rebounds, and block/alter shots. He rebounded okay defensively, and that's all. He didn't show any of the athleticism that he showed last year. He didn't defend the rim at all. He didn't overpower anybody.

On the bright side, he showed the touch around the hoop that led him to shoot 65% from the field last year, as well as the added bonus of a pretty sweet looking mid-range jumper. He's going to be amazing if he can add that to his physical dominance of last year.

Jury's still out on Bynum, IMO. I want to see that he's still capable of that sort of domination before I'm convinced that he's 100%. Grade: C

• dman
  • Veteran
Im liking Sun Yue's girlfriend

Really Pete...I thought Bynum looked great in the first game...

Well I mean it IS just the 1st game and by no means was he bad or anything. Love the fact that he looks like he improved his range. His footwork was great too. But I want to see him abuse people on both ends of the court. That's what he did last year. We don't need another guy shooting 15 footers and prancing around the court like a metrosexual Euro. We already have Pau. I want Bynum dunking on fools, swatting opponent's weak ass s**t into the 3rd row, and then banging their girlfriends after the game.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Well I mean it IS just the 1st game and by no means was he bad or anything. Love the fact that he looks like he improved his range. His footwork was great too. But I want to see him abuse people on both ends of the court. That's what he did last year. We don't need another guy shooting 15 footers and prancing around the court like a metrosexual Euro. We already have Pau. I want Bynum dunking on fools, swatting opponent's weak ass s**t into the 3rd row, and then banging their girlfriends after the game.

You want Karl Malone back on the team?
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

You want Karl Malone back on the team?

The other team's girlfriends.
Share 49ersWebzone