LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 317 users in the forums

University of Hawaii Warriors Football 2012

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GameOver:
Originally posted by jrg:
This thread title confused the living hell out of me.

It's pigeon (hawaiian tongue/slang/dialect). If my pigeon honing skills have improved at all in the past year hangin out with all the bruddas, I believe it is saying

"Hey man, hows it goin, more better, you the s**t", and the last part is especially difficult for me, I believe the last part is saying, "give em man" but idk exactly how that would all work in a coherent sentence...

Then again, I think the Hawaiians pride themselves on their ability to be incoherent yet understood by one another.

Pigeon honing?

It's pigeon (hawaiian tongue/slang/dialect). If my pigeon honing skills have improved at all in the past year hangin out with all the bruddas, I believe it is saying

"Hey man, hows it goin, more better, you the s**t", and the last part is especially difficult for me, I believe the last part is saying, "give em man" but idk exactly how that would all work in a coherent sentence...

Then again, I think the Hawaiians pride themselves on their ability to be incoherent yet understood by one another.

Pigeon honing?

LOL

here's a rough translation to the title:

"hey man, we might as well just go all out!!"

but actually it started in the sugar cane fields back in the day where you had Chinese, Japanese, Filipinos, Portuguese, Hawaiian, etc all attempting to learn english together. blind leading the blind.... and then pidjin is what you get. .......but pride in incoherence works too.

[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Sep 5, 2009 at 01:31:01 ]

Pigeon honing?

Eh brah get it right! Its not Pigeon like da bird, Its Pidgin'.

If you like know how fo speak pidgin' then mo bettah you go buy da book "pidgin' to da max' get da kine definitions inside fo all da pidgin' you like know. geevum brah no shame. the more edumacation you get the mo akamai you going be. Shootz cuz.
Anyways I missed watching the game but saw the score and that they had to comeback to win at the end. How did Alexander look? What about the D? I saw 3 turnovers too.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by E-49er:
Anyways I missed watching the game but saw the score and that they had to comeback to win at the end. How did Alexander look? What about the D? I saw 3 turnovers too.

Like crap, held onto the ball waaaay too long, which resulted in him being sacked a few times. Looked too indecisive, like he just read the playbook right before the game. Has a slow release, which looked as if he under throws to his receivers, nope, its just his slow release that messes up the timing.

Did good:

Greg Salas and Blaze Soares

Played like crap:

Alexander, O-line and Corners, who were missing tackles left and right.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Like crap, held onto the ball waaaay too long, which resulted in him being sacked a few times. Looked too indecisive, like he just read the playbook right before the game. Has a slow release, which looked as if he under throws to his receivers, nope, its just his slow release that messes up the timing.

Did good:

Played like crap:

So Kolohe. It sounds like another bad year for Hawaii football. Im still mad that they didnt keep June Jones. As we can see McMackin was a great hire for the university . They need to fire him after this year and get a coach in there that can recruit a good QB and do a better job at keeping local talent in Hawaii. From what you are telling me when they play UNLV here in Vegas in a couple of weeks,UNLV will have a good chance at beating them as bad as they are ( and trust me UNLV is bad).

Did good:

Played like crap:

So Kolohe. It sounds like another bad year for Hawaii football. Im still mad that they didnt keep June Jones. As we can see McMackin was a great hire for the university . They need to fire him after this year and get a coach in there that can recruit a good QB and do a better job at keeping local talent in Hawaii. From what you are telling me when they play UNLV here in Vegas in a couple of weeks,UNLV will have a good chance at beating them as bad as they are ( and trust me UNLV is bad).

i doubt anything happens (but i hope something does) after this season. it seems like the only people in the state not committed to making the team better are the people in charge of the university/team.

how long is june's contract at SMU?
Buffalo is looking horrible.... i wonder Dan Hawkins would consider returning to the WAC if he gets the can.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

Did good:

Played like crap:

i doubt anything happens (but i hope something does) after this season. it seems like the only people in the state not committed to making the team better are the people in charge of the university/team.

how long is june's contract at SMU?

Junes contract at SMU was 5 years at 2 mil per year. He is in year two of his contract, so 3 years after this one.

Yeah, the UH board doesn't know squat about football. I would think it would take at least 2.5-3 mil a year to bring him back and the locker room and facilities would have to receive major upgrades. To tell you the truth, I think Cal Lee would get the job before Jones unfortunately.

• AZ9er
  • Veteran

Did good:

Played like crap:

Yeah, I wen chek out the game on line, KKEA and that bugga Alexander, he wen stink up da place. Da braddah and his oline betta get de ack to gedda or dey goin get lickens at Washington St.

But good for Salas eh, WAC playa of da week, hana hou, brah. 7 catches for 180 yds das one winna. Dey gonna need anudda beeg one from him if dey goin win moa games.

K I gatta go, chek you out next time. Aloha
Originally posted by AZ9er:

Did good:

Played like crap:

Yeah, I wen chek out the game on line, KKEA and that bugga Alexander, he wen stink up da place. Da braddah and his oline betta get de ack to gedda or dey goin get lickens at Washington St.

But good for Salas eh, WAC playa of da week, hana hou, brah. 7 catches for 180 yds das one winna. Dey gonna need anudda beeg one from him if dey goin win moa games.

K I gatta go, chek you out next time. Aloha

Ho Brah, I wuz gonna go check dem out against Vegas cuz dey comin ova hea but if they all hamajag den poho if I go. Plus all da stupid UNLV fans dey like scrap at da game wen dey get drunk. And if dat bugga alexander going tro daq ball to da otha team or no tro da ball and take one sak den I going get pees off. McMackin bettah stop callin does haoles from southbend mahoo's and instead concematrate on football if dey going win moa games.I nevah like him get the job in da firs place cuz he dodono notting about offense.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Did good:

Played like crap:

Right now every team has a good chance of beating them. Now I hear we have 3 OC running our offense now. Rolovich, RB coach (forgot his name) and Ron Lee will all be calling plays and game planning for upcoming teams. That is silly if you ask me, we should fire McMackin and push hard for either Norm Chow or someone who runs a balnced offense, someone from either Notre Dame or USC, IMO.

But yah, I think this season will be a mess, the way Alexander is playing right now. If he continues to hold onto the ball and look indecisive, we will lose, not to mention our defense is tackling like s**t, minus Blaze Soares IMO.
Would you guys take Hawaii -2 over Washington State? I'm thinking of making that bet, because I watched WSU a lot last year and they were probably the worst team in all of college football.

But your comments about UH worries me...worth betting on them, or no?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by nipplehead:
Would you guys take Hawaii -2 over Washington State? I'm thinking of making that bet, because I watched WSU a lot last year and they were probably the worst team in all of college football.

But your comments about UH worries me...worth betting on them, or no?

Honestly, I would probably take WSU, I know you should never bet against your team, but IMO, don't bet with your heart, you lose if you do.

But how is WSU's defense, that's the question?? Hawaii had a hard time against Central Arkansas....who the flock is Central Arkansas???
Share 49ersWebzone