LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

***Official Boxing Thread***

• Goatie
  • Veteran
When is Tyson meant to be fighting?
Originally posted by Goatie:
When is Tyson meant to be fighting?

Idk but Evander is getting back into roided up shape and calling him out.

Prime Evander was basically a damn bodybuilder from the 90s with boxing prowess.
POUND FOR POUND THE BEST IN THE WORLD.

HANDS DOWN.
PUT SOME RESPEK IN HIS NAME HATERS.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

HANDS DOWN.
my man
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

HANDS DOWN.

Hasn't had a good, relevant fight in years. Fight someone damnit

He is a great, though
Ryan Garcia is like a slightly less skilled Amir Khan with a better chin. I guess that's the best way I can put it.

He got dropped by a monster punch and I thought he was just gonna be jello legs around the ring after but he got up, got composed, and got back to work.

I don't think he beats Tank but he's definitely got the firepower to put him down.
Campbell will be pissing blood for days
Originally posted by MoeJontana84:
Ryan Garcia is like a slightly less skilled Amir Khan with a better chin. I guess that's the best way I can put it.

He got dropped by a monster punch and I thought he was just gonna be jello legs around the ring after but he got up, got composed, and got back to work.

I don't think he beats Tank but he's definitely got the firepower to put him down.

Ehhh kind of I guess. Khan never had this power and we'll see if Garcia will be able to learn from this. So a lil too soon for that comparison imo. Which is pretty much what you said
[ Edited by MoistButtCheeks on Jan 2, 2021 at 5:19 PM ]
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
Ehhh kind of I guess. Khan never had this power and we'll see if Garcia will be able to learn from this. So a lil too soon for that comparison imo. Which is pretty much what you said

Forgot to add "power". I'm not comparing their career paths, I'm comparing the mindset to offense. Before he got starched, Amir overwhelmed everyone because he was always a step faster than everyone.. he would swarm opponents even if they had a guard up and eventually opened up their defense and scored more. Ryan fights similarly... doesn't necessarily throw out the whole punch arsenal but his punches hurt more.

This was a great win for him as far as development goes but if he gets the Tank fight next, I'm getting on the phone with Tommy Hearns and pick his brain on how to fight tall and hide your chin.

I disagree. Garcia is a star and has the potential to be elite. He's extremely young and inexperienced right now. If he improves his footwork, watch the hell out. His natural punching power is insane. He has great speed and accuracy. I also like his mentality. He doesn't want to duck anyone... the smart thing to do is get him a couple more fights in preparation for the Tanks and Haneys of the world, but if he does fight Tank I'll for sure drop the $59.99.

His raw ability is far superior to Khan
[ Edited by sacniner on Jan 3, 2021 at 1:31 PM ]

Originally posted by sacniner:
I disagree. Garcia is a star and has the potential to be elite. He's extremely young and inexperienced right now. If he improves his footwork, watch the hell out. His natural punching power is insane. He has great speed and accuracy. I also like his mentality. He doesn't want to duck anyone... the smart thing to do is get him a couple more fights in preparation for the Tanks and Haneys of the world, but if he does fight Tank I'll for sure drop the $59.99.

His raw ability is far superior to Khan

Read my 2nd comment, I see offensive similarities and nothing else. Khan (before getting killed by Prescott and later Garcia) was very offensively gifted and his speed put him at another dimension. Unfortunately once his chin got tapped the writing was on the wall. Garcia has that same gift of speed, but sits down on his punches more and wastes less. He can also take a much better punch.

Haney would be the fight to make next. I wouldn't throw him in with Tank until he starts adjusting to the outside. He needs to keep the fight on the outside. Hope he does, as annoying as people think Ryan is, I find Tank even more annoying and would love to see him laid out.
Read my 2nd comment, I see offensive similarities and nothing else. Khan (before getting killed by Prescott and later Garcia) was very offensively gifted and his speed put him at another dimension. Unfortunately once his chin got tapped the writing was on the wall. Garcia has that same gift of speed, but sits down on his punches more and wastes less. He can also take a much better punch.

Haney would be the fight to make next. I wouldn't throw him in with Tank until he starts adjusting to the outside. He needs to keep the fight on the outside. Hope he does, as annoying as people think Ryan is, I find Tank even more annoying and would love to see him laid out.

Khan had elite speed, but didn't have heavy hands. I don't see the similarity between him and Garcia

What would be amazing, but would never happen, is if there was a tournament with these four: Haney, Tank, Lopez, and Garcia. Those are the fights that need to happen
Loma may have lost to Lopez but he still deserves to be mentioned. That fight was close and who knows how a rematch would go.
pac vs ryan garcia??? whoa
[ Edited by bayarealuv on Jan 24, 2021 at 3:57 PM ]
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
pac vs ryan garcia??? whoa

That's wassup!
Share 49ersWebzone