LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 374 users in the forums

***Official Boxing Thread***

Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
why is there no hype or even advertising of the Mayweather fight this weekend? Who's the dude he's fighting? Some no-one?

cuz we all know Mayweather is gonna dominate. Maidana is entertaining because he loves to brawl, but that fits in to what Mayweather wants. Maidana is gonna get frustrated early when he can't break through Floyd's defense. Although Maidana has that KO power, no one has proven they could get that far against Floyd's defense.

Mosley had him out for a minute. He is susceptible to the straight rights, but you have to be fast to catch him.

I remember that. I think it was just Floyd being cocky, thinking that Shane was too slow to catch him. Shane landed clean, but wasn't able to finish, and ended up gassing out. Cotto landed some good shots as well, but I feel like Maidana just isn't in that class. Maybe I'm wrong, I guess we'll see.

He isn't in regards to speed. But he can be relentless. Floyd has to put some hurt on him to discourage him. early on. I still think Floyd will outclass Maidana over 12 rounds.

Tko 9 Money.

In spots Broner was catching Marcos with pure speed and very lazy flat footwork.

Money has the speed and knows how to use it. Footwork, well you already know. I can see Marcos off balance all night.

Like you said straight punches can get there if its fast. Maidana throws them rainbows.

Cant wait bro hams.
[ Edited by MoistButtCheeks on Apr 30, 2014 at 9:26 AM ]
lotta nice fighters on one card.. i can dig it.. will stream doe lol
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
Tko 9 Money.

In spots Broner was catching Marcos with pure speed and very lazy flat footwork.

Money has the speed and knows how to use it. Footwork, well you already know. I can see Marcos off balance all night.

Like you said straight punches can get there if its fast. Maidana throws them rainbows.

Cant wait bro hams.

I see it later, possibly in 11th round, but could see it earlier if PBF gets those counterpunches in early. Maidana has shown a sensitive chin, can get knocked down, and throws a LOT of rainbows that PBF will put in 3 punch jab combos, but he does always seem to get back up (ala Ortiz and Khan).

If Maidana has a chance, it'll be to go all out first 2 rounds to knock him out before PBF catches on and embarrasses Maidana. He has the power and a strong will, but no where NEAR the talent of PBF, and it will show in a lopsided affair.

My favorite bout is gonna be the Broner/Molina comeback fight. I expect Broner to win, but both are on "must win" mode and could push Molina to pull the upset. Whoever loses, expect a free fall in their career, so could be the best of all the fights.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
lotta nice fighters on one card.. i can dig it.. will stream doe lol

the undercard is real nice for this fight.
Maidana shocks the world

45-1
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Maidana shocks the world

45-1

lol that aint happening. maidana gonna get frustrated after a few rounds. that's what Floyd does.
Originally posted by Amir:
Maidana shocks the world

45-1

lol that aint happening. maidana gonna get frustrated after a few rounds. that's what Floyd does.

probably... always leaning back while back pedaling...has anyone forced him to move forward ?
The god damn Clips tanked it away against the Dubs and now we're gonna have that game overlap the PPV

Floyd going to get knocked the f**k out and all you Mayweather fans going to cry in your cheerios.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SportsFan:

Floyd going to get knocked the f**k out and all you Mayweather fans going to cry in your cheerios.

lol ok. aint nobody beating Floyd at 147-154.

do the shoulder lean

Prove it.

How much money you got to lose?

Prove it.

6.5 to 1

why not put a 50 on Maidana ?

Prove it.

6.5 to 1

why not put a 50 on Maidana ?

This.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
The god damn Clips tanked it away against the Dubs and now we're gonna have that game overlap the PPV

I know... I'm so f**king pissed about this.
All the fighters made weight for tomorrow night.

Floyd Mayweather Jr 146 vs. Marcos Maidana 146.5 (WBC/WBA welterweight unification)

Amir Khan 147 vs. Luis Collazo 147

Adrien Broner 140 vs. Carlos Molina 138.5

J’Leon Love 168 vs. Marco Antonio Periban 168
Share 49ersWebzone