LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 287 users in the forums

***Official Boxing Thread***

that Matthysse/Molina fight was a WAR. real awesome fight. Molina's corner, pushing away the doctor, should be fined. You let your fighter go out for another round just to continue taking shots. Way to go, looking out for the well-being of your fighter
possible Thurman/Porter fight??? PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN!
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
that Matthysse/Molina fight was a WAR. real awesome fight. Molina's corner, pushing away the doctor, should be fined. You let your fighter go out for another round just to continue taking shots. Way to go, looking out for the well-being of your fighter

Only the ref can stop a fight with the authorization of the doctor or corner. It's the trainer's responsibility but the doctor could over ride that.
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:

Only the ref can stop a fight with the authorization of the doctor or corner. It's the trainer's responsibility but the doctor could over ride that.
love that trainer, get his guys pumped if they are losing.

as he did again with Mathysse
RIP DC

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

love that trainer, get his guys pumped if they are losing.

as he did again with Mathysse
RIP DC

I loved watching Castillo come up. Used to watch his fights live in Mexicali.
Do you guys know much about Carlos Molina? Broner's opponent this Sat... will that be a walk in the park for Broner? The dude seems way more humble after Maidana embarrassed him.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Do you guys know much about Carlos Molina? Broner's opponent this Sat... will that be a walk in the park for Broner? The dude seems way more humble after Maidana embarrassed him.

Broner will never be humble
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
why is there no hype or even advertising of the Mayweather fight this weekend? Who's the dude he's fighting? Some no-one?
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
why is there no hype or even advertising of the Mayweather fight this weekend? Who's the dude he's fighting? Some no-one?

cuz we all know Mayweather is gonna dominate. Maidana is entertaining because he loves to brawl, but that fits in to what Mayweather wants. Maidana is gonna get frustrated early when he can't break through Floyd's defense. Although Maidana has that KO power, no one has proven they could get that far against Floyd's defense.
You guys see Marcos 45-1 customized mouthpiece.

cuz we all know Mayweather is gonna dominate. Maidana is entertaining because he loves to brawl, but that fits in to what Mayweather wants. Maidana is gonna get frustrated early when he can't break through Floyd's defense. Although Maidana has that KO power, no one has proven they could get that far against Floyd's defense.

Mosley had him out for a minute. He is susceptible to the straight rights, but you have to be fast to catch him.

Maidana a no one ?

Chino is going to make history Saturday night !

Mosley had him out for a minute. He is susceptible to the straight rights, but you have to be fast to catch him.

I remember that. I think it was just Floyd being cocky, thinking that Shane was too slow to catch him. Shane landed clean, but wasn't able to finish, and ended up gassing out. Cotto landed some good shots as well, but I feel like Maidana just isn't in that class. Maybe I'm wrong, I guess we'll see.

I remember that. I think it was just Floyd being cocky, thinking that Shane was too slow to catch him. Shane landed clean, but wasn't able to finish, and ended up gassing out. Cotto landed some good shots as well, but I feel like Maidana just isn't in that class. Maybe I'm wrong, I guess we'll see.

He isn't in regards to speed. But he can be relentless. Floyd has to put some hurt on him to discourage him. early on. I still think Floyd will outclass Maidana over 12 rounds.
Share 49ersWebzone