LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

***Official Boxing Thread***

• Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:
I thought Broner had some type of rematch clause that he excercised. He must have worked that out with Floyd somehow...

Same here. Broner wasn't going to win that rematch anyway.
broner probably too spooked to fight him again anyway lol
Vasyl Lomachenko is fighting for a title in just his 2nd professional bout against Orlando Salido on Saturday. Will be something worth watching... never seen him but his amateur record was something ridiculous, 396-1 I think. Some people (Max Kellerman) already believe he's a Top 5 Pound-for-Pound fighter.
Boxing has lost a great champion and a great man. The news came down as a blow to those who knew and appreciated 44-year-old Antonio Cermeno, a two-division champion who was kidnapped and killed Monday in crime-ridden Venezuela. Antonio was not only a boxing champion, he was also a fine human being, a family man, and one who cared for the disenfranchised youths of the street. Antonio knew what it was to be poor and he wanted to help kids take the right path in life.
In the ring,Cermeno was a talented, skilled boxer-puncher. Between 1990 and 1998, Cermeno compiled a record of 31-1 and won the WBA super bantamweight title in 1995, taking a 12 round decision over Wilfredo Vasquez in Puerto Rico. He won the vacant WBA featherweight title in 1998 and lost it a year later via a split decision to Freddie Norwood. Cermeno’s final tally was an excellent 45-7 with 31 KOs. He was stopped only once, in his last fight and he was 36 at the time.
Floyd "Money" Mayweather to fight Marcos Maidana next???

Originally posted by kidash98:
Floyd "Money" Mayweather to fight Marcos Maidana next???

no way
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
Floyd fighting Maidana May 3rd. Going to try and show his little wanna be Broner how its done. I hope the guy who got offended that Broner lost and we were mean to him doesn't think I'm racist.

You probably are but it doesn't matter. Mayweather will take Maidana apart... I actually think he stops him in the 10th round or so. Amir Khan had the best chance of beating Mayweather out of all the potential opponents out there. A shame that didn't materialize.

Lol, I'm probably what? That's a pretty intelligent assumption based on what you know about me.

Yeah, Mayweather will beat him easily and Khan. Mayweahter would also beat Pac Man. Basically, no one can beat him.

Money dances around gets his points at the end of the round. The only way Money beats people is by points ..not by punches
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Floyd fighting Maidana May 3rd. Going to try and show his little wanna be Broner how its done. I hope the guy who got offended that Broner lost and we were mean to him doesn't think I'm racist.

You probably are but it doesn't matter. Mayweather will take Maidana apart... I actually think he stops him in the 10th round or so. Amir Khan had the best chance of beating Mayweather out of all the potential opponents out there. A shame that didn't materialize.

Lol, I'm probably what? That's a pretty intelligent assumption based on what you know about me.

Yeah, Mayweather will beat him easily and Khan. Mayweahter would also beat Pac Man. Basically, no one can beat him.

Money dances around gets his points at the end of the round. The only way Money beats people is by points ..not by punches

only going to research one lol

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/view.php?pg=mayweather-cotto-compubox
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:

thats what i meant by points..he will hit you and the punches will not hurt a fly..but he will get credit for those love taps with points.

no hate..but there should be a point deduction for leaning away from your opponent. this is boxing !
Vasyl Lomachenko is fighting for a title in just his 2nd professional bout against Orlando Salido on Saturday. Will be something worth watching... never seen him but his amateur record was something ridiculous, 396-1 I think. Some people (Max Kellerman) already believe he's a Top 5 Pound-for-Pound fighter.

Vasyl has the speed.Dude looks like a badass. Two time Olympian? Can't go wrong with that.

Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:

thats what i meant by points..he will hit you and the punches will not hurt a fly..but he will get credit for those love taps with points.

no hate..but there should be a point deduction for leaning away from your opponent. this is boxing !

Exactly... it's boxing... you clearly don't understand the sport. Go watch the goofballs in MMA/UFC if you just wanna see a couple of guys brutalize each other. And Mayweather's power is significantly underrated. He hasn't had many knockouts but that doesn't mean that he lacks power. He very easily could have knocked out Canelo in the later rounds. He had him hurt, but why risk it when you're clearly dominating the fight?
If Maidana was to lose to Broner,Marcos would've been labeled as done.

Perro is a bad match for Canelo IMO.Both like to actually fight,not pop shot and run like ya boy Floyd.This will be fought in the trenches...for the fans and the sport.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
If Maidana was to lose to Broner,Marcos would've been labeled as done.

Perro is a bad match for Canelo IMO.Both like to actually fight,not pop shot and run like ya boy Floyd.This will be fought in the trenches...for the fans and the sport.

Maidana wouldn't be labeled as done... what are you talking about?
Nobody paid attention to Crawford-Burns or Stieglitz-Abraham III?

Official Scores: 116 - 112, 117 -111 and 116 - 112 for Terence Crawford new WBO LW champion from OMAHA! OMAHA!

Abraham on the other hand, surprised me, winning a SD to re-claim the WBO SMW title
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Vasyl has the speed.Dude looks like a badass. Two time Olympian? Can't go wrong with that.

That's what the HBO crew believed. Amateur fights are not pro fights. Salido made it a rough fight. Too bad this kids handlers wanted to throw him in too early.

Hopefully he can learn from this moving forward.
Share 49ersWebzone