LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 211 users in the forums

***Official Boxing Thread***

Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Btw WHERE IN THEE FUVK are the american heavyweights?!
USA used to dominate that division and as soon as Lewis took it to Europe,it was never seen again.WTF is going on?How the hell is this possible.

All the great heavyweight are playing football and basketball.

Not ONE mfer can get into boxing?

ONE?

I know those other guys from last year tried, ex footballers , but they were terrible and boring.
Even the Canadians are getting it in with the Pascals and Butes. WTF. I don't want to root for some Sandman, Bald Bull motherfuvker.
They just referenced Alex Smith on FNF

"Managing the fight"
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

"Managing the fight"

might be the booze but that made me lol like a mofo

"Managing the fight"

I watched the Spanish telecast. For which fight was it? LOL

"Managing the fight"

The main event. Muriqi vs. the Aussie bloke. Teddy said something piling up the points and pecking away at the fighter, and that he wanted to manage the fight. Then Joe Tessitore says something along the lines of "Like managing the game, like an Alex Smith!"

"Managing the fight"

The main event. Muriqi vs. the Aussie bloke. Teddy said something piling up the points and pecking away at the fighter, and that he wanted to manage the fight. Then Joe Tessitore says something along the lines of "Like managing the game, like an Alex Smith!"

LOL.
So money wants the people choose between khan or maidana.

I"ll vote khan.
[ Edited by MoistButtCheeks on Feb 3, 2014 at 11:02 PM ]
Did Floyd really lose 10 milliin plus on the Broncos or nah.
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:

I"ll vote khan.

I voted Maidana.
Never forget.

Monday afternoon near 1:50 PM, Mexican featherweight boxer Oscar Gonzalez passed away after his knockout loss last Saturday at the Polanco Forum in Mexico City against Jesus Galicia. Gonzalez was rushed to the hospital where he was in intensive care and diagnosed with brain death. Gonzalez had vital signs, but little brain activity after the last medical report issued on Sunday night. Canelo Promotions president Eddy Reynoso confirmed the death of Gonzalez to Fightnews.com by telephone and greatly regret this loss for boxing. "Boxing is very hard when it claims lives but also helps to save lives. At this point we must be united and in solidarity," said Reynoso. Gonzalez had a record of 23-2 with 14 knockouts and before this fight had never been knocked out.

For as much criticism we do as fans at times, never forget that a fighter is always one punch away from death at any moment. Despite doing things to help fighters prevent injury, sometimes things like this still happen. In Mexico there is a good boxing commission but it fails to enforce a lot of rules. The medical screenings are sometimes waived in a hurry to fill out a boxing show. Promoters put money first before the welfare of fighters. Sometimes the medical staff is not trained in dealing with these types of injuries.

Hopefully more safety measures come from this last fatality that will improve the sport.

The GGG fight last Saturday that wasn't televised in the US. I really hope he steps his competition up soon.
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:

I"ll vote khan.

I voted Maidana.

This. Broner's daddy needs to show him how its done... Although, I would love to see Broner have his next fight be a rematch against Maidana and get his ass kicked again.
Originally posted by sacniner:

The GGG fight last Saturday that wasn't televised in the US. I really hope he steps his competition up soon.

I see some things that can be exploited. But that wont happen until he fights better fighters.
I see some things that can be exploited. But that wont happen until he fights better fighters.

Yeah, he looked better against Maclin and Stevenson... and those two guys are better than this dude he fought right? Who was this guy? Just a quick, easy payday for GGG? His management team wants to keep him busy this year and thats smart. He is 31 I think and is a hot commodity right now. The next 1.5 years is his window to make the most $ probably.
kinda hard to take khan seriously lol..

Amir Khan @AmirKingKhan 12m Mayweather says he needs a easy fight and fans want to see a knock out so maybe thats the reason he doesn't want fight me n wants Maidana ??
Share 49ersWebzone