There are 131 users in the forums

***Official Boxing Thread***

Originally posted by glorydayz:
Love seeing all of the racist post (not so much here on the WZ) about Money Mayweather. Seen it all before with Tiger Woods, M. Jordan, and Barry Bonds.

People absolutly can't stand to see a black man sitting on top (highest paid athlete)!

I'm glad Money is fighting Canelo, I actually like them both so it's a win/win for me. I either get a new streak with a young fighter or I get to watch one of the best ever continue to destroy all challengers.

I don't hear anyone saying "Pac-man is the man for standing right in front of Marquez and getting KOed"! Infact everyone laughs and photo shopped his dumb a$$ laying on the beach.

You know you are reaching when you have to resort to talking about how a fighter wins a fight, instead of looking at the fact that no one can beat him. I will gaurantee you this, Mayweather will not stand in front of any fighter and slug it out with him. In fact, had he done that since the beggining of his career we would not even know his name. Klitchko (sp) has been destroying fighters and no one gives a dam, so it's all about marketing and that's why all eyes will be on Mayweather and Canelo come September 14th.

AND I'M OUT THIS MF!!!! (in my Bernie Mac Voice).

Lol
who you wit!
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
Im calling it now, my boy Canelo is gonna win.

Floyd is my boy but its time for a young superstar to takeover the Throne

Let me take your money. How much you want to bet?
Pfft I dont bet, Both these dudes are 2 my favorite fighters right now so I really dont care who wins, im just predicting the upset

Not sure he brings that much more than casper did.

Ive been trying to think of a game plan for Alvarez. He has a few good lead punches, not sure if he can get them off in time. He has solid body work but will have over come Floyds elusive foot work and b patient, which could backfire on the score cards.

He may be in luck if he's able to walk through some of Floyds punches particularly that beauty of a lead right. There is a very small window after that punch where Floyd appears to b off balance.

What do you guys think?

Fun!
[ Edited by MoistButtCheeks on May 30, 2013 at 11:07 PM ]

im with val on this. not that i hate Floyd. dude gets on my nerves, but there's no denying how great he is in the ring.

i feel like Canelo has the tools to do it. he's gotta work on speed and make sure he doesn't get frustrated with Floyd's defense. and WORK THE BODY. Canelo's body shots are vicious.
Originally posted by SF69ers:

im with val on this. not that i hate Floyd. dude gets on my nerves, but there's no denying how great he is in the ring.

i feel like Canelo has the tools to do it. he's gotta work on speed and make sure he doesn't get frustrated with Floyd's defense. and WORK THE BODY. Canelo's body shots are vicious.

I will gladly take your sneaker money if you want to put money on this.
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
Originally posted by SF69ers:

I will gladly take your sneaker money if you want to put money on this.

NEVER!
zzzzzz.. mayweather will dance around this dude with ease

canelo didn't even look that impressive vs. trout.. only way he wins is by KO.. which we all know isn't exactly the easiest thing to do with money may
Forget the fight. This thing will break ppv numbers FOR SURE.

Canelo brings the latino aspect, Floyd brings everyone else........ Gettin Paid

And if this is a catch weight , props to Floyd.

Floyd should take a dive, get a rematch, win that, then have a third fight. Billions meng.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Floyd should take a dive, get a rematch, win that, then have a third fight. Billions meng.

It'll break 1.5M but it won't get to Floyd/DLH hoya status. Not unless Ginger wins this one and there is a part II.

For the bold: The only thing Floyd loves more than money is his undefeated record.
Originally posted by Amir:

It'll break 1.5M but it won't get to Floyd/DLH hoya status. Not unless Ginger wins this one and there is a part II.

For the bold: The only thing Floyd loves more than money is his undefeated record.

Who has he fought doe? 154 LBS and Pac been calling out Floyd. He chose to fight an old ass dela hoya, withered Cotto, Victor Ortiz, Marquez overweight, Guerrero, etc.

Canelo will be his first test. This should be great. So great, one of you ninjas should make it it's own thread.
Originally posted by Amir:

Who has he fought doe? 154 LBS and Pac been calling out Floyd. He chose to fight an old ass dela hoya, withered Cotto, Victor Ortiz, Marquez overweight, Guerrero, etc.

Canelo will be his first test. This should be great. So great, one of you ninjas should make it it's own thread.

I agree with Amir, Canelo is HUGE with the Mexican/Mexican-American community, but outside of the Americas there isn't any real appeal. The national PPV numbers will be high, but don't see it breaking PBF/DLH records.

I'm looking forward to this bout, but unless Canelo can land solid hits early, I don't think he's @ PBF's level. He will need to be the aggressor from the Round 1 bell throughout, b/c EVERY person whose fought PBF, watched PBF fights, or even played as PBF in video games would know after 2-3 rounds, he WILL figure out your style and game plan against it. Best examples include DLH, Cotto, Judah, and most recently Guerrero. Each fighter showed promise in beginning, but all fell to the wayside as PBF picked and rolled against each, leaving barely a scratch.

Sure, Canelo has improved over the last few years, and showed high levels of talent and maturity against his strongest opponent in Trout. Canelo showed not only could he attack and land combinations, but showed a high level of defense never seen in his previous 45 fights (I think?) as a professional. But, as good as Trout is (and hope there is a rematch between Canelo and Trout), there is no way ANYONE could compare Trouts countering style to Floyd's. But who knows, Canelo has shown maturity and improvement in every bout he has fought, showing a level of commitment and a great training regiment to prepare for his fights.

As a sidenote, for the undercard (which will have a heavy side of Mexican fighters for Mexican Independence weekend), I would LOVE to see these realistic bouts:

1. Rigondeaux vs Mares (Title unification; most likely since Rigo isn't a "ticket seller", but on the undercard of the biggest "PPV fight" with a high profile fighter in Mares, will increase ticket sales of a general HBO/Showtime Main event)

2. Terrazas vs Santa Cruz (Mandatory title defense; Will either be on this undercard or the Garcia/Matthysse undercard, either way, Santa Cruz is scary good!)

Ghost Gurrero singing autographs at Courtesy Chevrolet San Jose today 5-7 pm
Mares and Santa Cruz are two of my favorites. Mares is an absolute bull but he showed amazing skill his last fight. I think he's going to walk down Rigo the same way he walked down the last Cuban he fought. Santa Cruz is just relentless... that kid does not stop punching and he's fast, accurate and hard hitting. Anytime he fights it's a show.

Excited to watch Gamboa this week. His last fight wasn't so impressive, but he's a lot of fun to watch.
broner in 2 weeks doe
I hate Floyd as much as the next guy, mainly because of his attitude m but I do respect his talent. Kind of like Jeter. I hate that phagg, but he's friggin good.

Dude has so much money , he has some to gamble with and dude knows how to bet.

He came up on the Heat making the finals (like most intelligent common sense mf'ers )

Dear Floyd,

Can you please give me money to pay off my wife's student loans?

Sincerely,

A boxing fan that likes you as a boxer, but hates you as a person
Share 49ersWebzone