There are 197 users in the forums

***Official Boxing Thread***

Originally posted by ninerdemonsjotoplasm:
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
The most entertaining fight this past weekend was the Mosley vs Cano fight.

True, but was that due to it being an actual "good fight", or was it more of both fighters being of equal talent at this stage in their careers (both showing lack of talent during their slumps)?

Cano is coming in and going up. Mosley is diminished but still has a skill set. This will be great experience for Cano. One thing I noticed is that Mosley set up his right using the jab. the jab looked crisp with his dad training him. With Naseem I noticed he tended to punch awkward and looped his punches a lot. He would fire the right but would only use the jab as a range finder.
Originally posted by ninerdemonsjotoplasm:
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
LOL the original was even longer.

Glad you liked it.

Well I'm glad you shortened it! I may be in college but I read at a 6th grade level, hehe

I do appreciate the originality

I needed help coming up with it to be honest.
Important sources have informed about the possibility that former world champion Antonio Margarito could return to boxing almost a year after announcing his retirement from the ring due to health issues. Now at age 35 and recently divorced, Margarito is targeting a big payday against countrymen Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. and Saul Alvarez.
margarito lol
Surprised by recent articles claiming his return to boxing ex World Champion Antonio Margarito has announced that there is absolutely no truth on a possible return to the sport or that he is suffering from financial difficulties due to a divorce. The Mexican fighter hasn't been in the ring since his December 2011 rematch loss to Miguel Cotto. He announced his retirement on June of last year. Currently, the 'Tijuana Tornado' is living in Los Angeles.

"I was surprised by several unfounded rumors regarding my current situation, including news on a return to boxing and supposedly a divorce settlement that has left me broke and with the need to return to boxing. In some cases, the information dealt with news of my return, and some unfounded news about a settlement. However, some tabloid media has gone further than that, spreading unfounded rumors that no one took the trouble to investigate fully," said Margarito.
Isn't he blind in one eye pretty much?

So what's coming up in the upcoming weeks?
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Isn't he blind in one eye pretty much?

So what's coming up in the upcoming weeks?

Froch-Kessler in like 3 hours.. 4 maybe. It's gonna be a great fight!

I think they're gonna broadcast the replay on HBO tonight.
Holy s**t! That Froch vs Kessler fight was insane!!
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

that s*** was fun!

I wish crowds in the United States to get that excited for their Fighters
For anyone that wants to see it...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/knBi1hKc8jrzAt47dCU

great fight.. all offense.. they should do a 3rd fight for sure
missed the Frosh/Kessler fight. must watch it On Demand later
Originally posted by bayarealuv:

great fight.. all offense.. they should do a 3rd fight for sure

Sounds like Andre Ward wants to fight Froch in the UK pretty bad... he knows that will be his biggest payday by far. Who the hell else would he fight? Also, he is a dope fighter and I have liked Ward for a long time but Froch is right. The "casual" fan will probably find Ward's style a little boring. He won't get into a Froch/Kessler type brawl.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Val posted this in the PL.

Looks like its a go.

Floyd Mayweather (@FloydMayweather) I chose my opponent for September 14th and it's Canelo Alvarez. I'm giving the fans what they want. It will be at the MGM Grand. (https://twitter.com/FloydMayweather/status/339927420972978177)
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Amir:
Val posted this in the PL.

Looks like its a go.

Floyd Mayweather (@FloydMayweather) I chose my opponent for September 14th and it's Canelo Alvarez. I'm giving the fans what they want. It will be at the MGM Grand. (https://twitter.com/FloydMayweather/status/339927420972978177)

I hope that ginger whips dat ass!
Share 49ersWebzone