• Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
good fight between manny and rios.

rios better knock him out cuz he aint winning no decision in china lol
Originally posted by Amir:

Should be a good fight style wise.
i like it.. still on the ropes about pac fighting again.. but what can you do? of course all of us want to see him again
Pac should retire. There is nothing more to prove. Mayweather is the best pound for pound fighter. Pac is second best. There was a 5 year stretch where Pac may have been the best, but because they never fought; we will never know.

Just beat this dude and end your career on a win, and move on and help PI politically(something he never should have done in the prime of his career)
Rigo going after Mares.

Guillermo 'El Chacal' Rigondeaux is looking forward to defending his WBA and WBO 122lb world titles in September. Rigondeaux is hoping that his promoters Top Rank and Caribe Promotions can make a fight with Golden Boy's WBC featherweight champion Abner Mares. Golden Boy, according to the Nevada Athletic Commission, paid Mares $350,000 for his victory over Ponce de Leon on the undercard of Mayweather/Guerrero. "It was an easy night's work beating the 2012 fighter of the year Nonito Donaire on April 13th but beating Mares will be even easier," said Rigondeaux. "I have already beaten Mares in the Pan American Games by a wide points margin of 17-7 but with the headgear off and these small gloves I will knock him out. However, if he wants to step up to the big time he should take this challenge. I'm sure my promoters can make it financially worthwhile for him and for Golden Boy. Of course, if he simply wants to be an undercard fighter and not rise to this challenge, that is his right but all will know then that he is afraid to fight me."
anything worth watching coming up?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Maybe Vernon Paris on ESPN2 friday, Ricky Burns on Saturday, but no big fight until May 18th w/Peterson vs Mattysse
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Maybe Vernon Paris on ESPN2 friday, Ricky Burns on Saturday, but no big fight until May 18th w/Peterson vs Mattysse

thanks...i was pretty nice to have the last three weekends of some good boxing
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:

This.

Good to see Manny fight someone like Rios.
Originally posted by SF69ers:

This.

omg f**k pac.....

the LOSER of a fight gets picked

Lol what a joke.

Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:

This.

omg f**k pac.....

the LOSER of a fight gets picked

Lol what a joke.

At this point, Manny has nothing left to prove, but he still has the opportunity to provide exciting fights. Rios or Alvarado, either one would've been a good choice.
At this point, Manny has nothing left to prove, but he still has the opportunity to provide exciting fights. Rios or Alvarado, either one would've been a good choice.

I love Manny's style.
him running off to China and fighting a very inferior opponent rises some big flags to me.

I love Manny's style.
him running off to China and fighting a very inferior opponent rises some big flags to me.

Who else would you have him fight? Floyd fight won't ever happen so we can throw that out the window.

I love Manny's style.

I don't think either Rios or Alvarado are that inferior.
That China venue is HUGE

They can fit a RECORD number of people on there. I imagine winner gets either Floyd,(doubt Floyd will want to have a serious fight with a serious contender for a while)
JMM or that paper champ Bradley.

I'm tellin you that China stadium would be a fatter payoff than any of Runweathers' venues. Plus , Asians .
Share 49ersWebzone