There are 193 users in the forums

***Official Boxing Thread***

Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Good technical fight, could've gone either way, congrats to Rigo...

That 115-113 score was bad enough, but Lederman's daughter scoring 116-112 set women back 30 years

Wait are you serious? That was the most legit score. Rigo put on a clinic.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
just watched the rigo/donaire fight. great fight. congrats to rigo.
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:

That 115-113 score was bad enough, but Lederman's daughter scoring 116-112 set women back 30 years

Oops, my bad, I meant 115-113 was "Good enough" (I blame the cheap tequila shots), but that 116-112 by Ledermans daughter (which I found out was actually a 116-111 later via ESPN) was atrocious. When did Rigo pull out enough to get a 2-3 round victory w/a 10th round two point swing for Donaire?

I had it 114-113, Rigo with 7 rounds to Donaire's 5. Rigo lost a point from 10th round knockdown.

Round 1: Rigo (came out with that nasty left)

Round 2: Donaire (kept composure)

Round 3: Donaire

Round 4: Donaire

Round 5: Donaire

Round 6: Rigo (Turned into his style of fight, more technique than Donaire could muster)

Round 7: Rigo

Round 8: Rigo

Round 9: Rigo

Round 10: Donaire (knockdown makes it 10-8)

Round 11: Rigo (Donaire let up too much, needed to keep pressing, I believe his eye injury was caused by his lack of aggression this round)

Round 12: Rigo (was worried Donaire would get it stopped b/c his eye was shot)
Wtf lol. Donaire got schooled.He's getting older and lost a step.Plus he wasn't comfortable with the weight. On to Canelo,den Aareola and King Serg
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:

Oops, my bad, I meant 115-113 was "Good enough" (I blame the cheap tequila shots), but that 116-112 by Ledermans daughter (which I found out was actually a 116-111 later via ESPN) was atrocious. When did Rigo pull out enough to get a 2-3 round victory w/a 10th round two point swing for Donaire?

I had it 114-113, Rigo with 7 rounds to Donaire's 5. Rigo lost a point from 10th round knockdown.

Round 1: Rigo (came out with that nasty left)

Round 2: Donaire (kept composure)

Round 3: Donaire

Round 4: Donaire

Round 5: Donaire

Round 6: Rigo (Turned into his style of fight, more technique than Donaire could muster)

Round 7: Rigo

Round 8: Rigo

Round 9: Rigo

Round 10: Donaire (knockdown makes it 10-8)

Round 11: Rigo (Donaire let up too much, needed to keep pressing, I believe his eye injury was caused by his lack of aggression this round)

Round 12: Rigo (was worried Donaire would get it stopped b/c his eye was shot)

Disagree. Donaire got maybe two of those first 5 rounds at best.
I agree with silky. Donaire was completely outclassed and embarrassed, and I'm a Donaire fan.
sad night for Donaire. he looked way off. i heard he didn't even train seriously for this fight. hope it's a reality check and he comes back.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
sad night for Donaire. he looked way off. i heard he didn't even train seriously for this fight. hope it's a reality check and he comes back.

He trained enough. He wasn't sure how to adapt to Rigo's style. Donaire was trying to be an aggressor thru out but just wasn't effective. He should have left Rigo come to him instead of following him around.
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:

He trained enough. He wasn't sure how to adapt to Rigo's style. Donaire was trying to be an aggressor thru out but just wasn't effective. He should have left Rigo come to him instead of following him around.

during the fight, they were talking about how he and his trainer barely trained together. the majority of the time, they discussed what he should be doing through phone.

i doubt Rigo would've started following Donaire around. he came in with the specific gameplan to hit, run, counterpunch.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame

agreed. thought donaire would've figured it out in the fight.

during the fight, they were talking about how he and his trainer barely trained together. the majority of the time, they discussed what he should be doing through phone.

i doubt Rigo would've started following Donaire around. he came in with the specific gameplan to hit, run, counterpunch.

Yeah I saw the fight. I heard the comments. Donaire also said he was tying to make a statement and was going for the KO. He didn't set anything up. One punch at a time. Some trainers don't spend the entire time with a fighter during training camp. They install the game plan a week or two in advance. I don't think they had anything specific to look at to prepare for the way Rigo fought.

Yeah I saw the fight. I heard the comments. Donaire also said he was tying to make a statement and was going for the KO. He didn't set anything up. One punch at a time. Some trainers don't spend the entire time with a fighter during training camp. They install the game plan a week or two in advance. I don't think they had anything specific to look at to prepare for the way Rigo fought.

i figured that after the first 6 rounds smh...

i figured that after the first 6 rounds smh...

I expected an adjustment at that point. Garcia should have been more specific about letting Rigo step in to something. Nonito had never seen someone that could match him in speed and reflexes. he was too mindful of that.
I expected an adjustment at that point. Garcia should have been more specific about letting Rigo step in to something. Nonito had never seen someone that could match him in speed and reflexes. he was too mindful of that.

i was actually pretty shocked to see Rigo's speed

i was actually pretty shocked to see Rigo's speed

I was impressed how he was beating Donaire to the punch. He made him fight his fight the whole night. Nonito was afraid to commit to anything hard in fear of missing and getting caught with something hard. I expevted to see more straight punches from Donaire. In particular the straight right after a left hook lead.
Share 49ersWebzone