***Official Boxing Thread***

Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
For those of you in the inland empire.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/christopher-martin-gets-rid-of-olds-ghosts-172462

Sweet, is there a live stream by chance? Still think your cuz should've gotten the victory over Kennedy (still don't know how Kennedy got the title shot after that fight, but @ least he got KTFO in the title bout), gonna be rooting hard for him this Friday!!!

NinerDemon, didn't get to hear about your cuz, how'd he do?

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/path-to-glory-photogallery-and-report-173972

He won but it was tougher than expected. I honestly saw it as a draw. Chris told me that he just couldn't adapt and had a hard time with Beranza's style. I am looking to spend some time with him to work on a few things that he had trouble with during the fight.

Some more recaps from my cuz's fight last friday.

http://thompsonboxing.com/news/?p=1019

Congrats to your cuz! Any possible televised fights in the near future?

His fights get televized on Fox sports on tape delay.
For those of you in the inland empire.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/christopher-martin-gets-rid-of-olds-ghosts-172462

Sweet, is there a live stream by chance? Still think your cuz should've gotten the victory over Kennedy (still don't know how Kennedy got the title shot after that fight, but @ least he got KTFO in the title bout), gonna be rooting hard for him this Friday!!!

NinerDemon, didn't get to hear about your cuz, how'd he do?

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/path-to-glory-photogallery-and-report-173972

He won but it was tougher than expected. I honestly saw it as a draw. Chris told me that he just couldn't adapt and had a hard time with Beranza's style. I am looking to spend some time with him to work on a few things that he had trouble with during the fight.

Some more recaps from my cuz's fight last friday.

http://thompsonboxing.com/news/?p=1019

Congrats to your cuz! Any possible televised fights in the near future?

His fights get televized on Fox sports on tape delay.

Canelo-Trout got moved a week earlier to San Antonio

There better be a good undercard for Floyd-Bob Guerrero
Televised Boxing this week.

ESPN March 1 (9PM ET/6PM PT) Billy Dib vs. Evgeny Gradovich (IBF featherweight title)

Telemundo - March 1 (11:35PM ET/PT) Omar Soto vs. Julian Rivera (featherweight)

Showtime - March 2 (10PM ET/PT) Richard Abril vs. Sharif Bogere (WBA lightweight title)
Gary Russell vs. Vyacheslav Gusev

FSN/Fox Deportes - March 2 (10PM ET/7PM PT) Omar Figueroa vs. Henry Aurad (super lightweight)
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

will the Canelo fight be on Showtime instead of PPV, then?
Originally posted by SF69ers:

si senor 4/20 woot woot
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
Originally posted by SF69ers:

si senor 4/20 woot woot

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/8999557/julio-cesar-chavez-jr-suspended-nine-months-fined-900000-nevada-state-athletic-commission-failed-drug-test

Cesar Chavez Jr. got screwed with this ridiculous fine. $900K for weed? Give me a f"n break. That is far greater than any other fine for "doping" even thought its for a non performance enhancing drug. I don't really like him, but that fine is robbery
Anybody know when or where the tickets to Mayweather vs. Guerrero go on sale?
http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/mayweather-guerrero-let-the-trash-talk-begin-176135#more-176135

• Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
floyd looks yolked
Overrated Mayweather meh.

There are so many up and comers that could stomp on Floyd but they ''don't do numbers'' so that's Floyds' excuse.
Whatev.

I'm somewhat done with the whole Mayweather thing, but he does get the world talking about boxing again so that's good. Looks like I'll have to resubscribe to wack ass Showtime again lol
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

There are so many up and comers that could stomp on Floyd but they ''don't do numbers'' so that's Floyds' excuse.
Whatev.

I'm somewhat done with the whole Mayweather thing, but he does get the world talking about boxing again so that's good. Looks like I'll have to resubscribe to wack ass Showtime again lol

Who do you see beating Floyd right now?

Whatev.

Pac with heart and fire,
a healthy King Serg,
a Marquez who trains FOR floyd and not ''balance'' this time with a PBF on weight.
Maybe Macklin, Rubio,Canelo, Ward, Garcia...

PBF has struggled against an old Mosley , Zab, Ortiz,.. He's certainly beatable.

Whatev.

Pac with heart and fire,
a healthy King Serg,
a Marquez who trains FOR floyd and not ''balance'' this time with a PBF on weight.
Maybe Macklin, Rubio,Canelo, Ward, Garcia...

PBF has struggled against an old Mosley , Zab, Ortiz,.. He's certainly beatable.

Serg and Ward are too big to fight PBF, and if they dropped low enough they wouldn't be effective. Talent wise, I feel Ward is the best fighter in the world, but thats just me

Macklin and Rubio? Really? C'mon MAYN!!!!!!!

As for Garcia, Canelo, Pacman, and Marquez, I can see where you're coming from, but here are my Pros and Cons for each:

Danny Garcia
Pro: Good speed/strength combo, is very young and great technique. Can handle a technically sound fighter like PBF

Con: Doesn't have PBF's experience. Also, PBF is light years better than an old Morales and an overhyped Khan, so not sure what Garcia would do if PBF starts nailing the counterpunches.

Juan Manuel Marquez
Pro: Finally knows how to fight @ welterweight. Looks strong and always one of the most talented fighters anyway. Now has knock out firepower (see Pacman KO)

Con: How much was his win vs Pacman his technique, or was it more vendetta based? Also, anyone who saw the fight, Manny was looking stronger and winning the fight. If Manny wasn't so careless, would JMM had survived a full 12 rounds at that pace, and even if he did, would he have earned a decision the way Manny was fighting?

Canelo Alvarez
Pro: Young, strong, and getting better every fight. Matches up well vs PBF style wise. Would be one hell of a fight!

Con: Similar to Garcia, has Canelo fought ANYONE near PBF's level? PBF would probably be the fastest guy he'd faced, and could he handle to be patient enough to not fall prey to PBF's shoulder roll and counterpunching? Canelo's best bet would be to land a power punch or two early in the fight, similar to Cotto's 5th round power punch in the face.

Manny Pacquiao
Pro: Very fast and super strong. A rematch vs JMM is a must to rebuild confidence, and if he wins PBF should fight him for a HUGE payday.

Con: Manny has looked slower and is coming off the worst loss of his career. If he can't handle is business vs JMM, there's no way he can handle PBF. His legs have been so-so, and there just seems to be a lack of "killer instinct" in his last few bouts.

One dark horse would be the winner of the Peterson/Matthysse bout. Both are @ a point in their career where they are young and strong, but just need more "high profile" fights. Both could be great match-ups, but probably will never happen.
Share 49ersWebzone