LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 316 users in the forums

***Official Boxing Thread***

Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Pac had him in the 5th, he just ...stopped. You can tell the fire for fighting is gone from Manny, smiling all the time, politicking. Marquez had the srs face come staredown.

That was a basic overhand right Marquez bucked him with the first time. Young Manny would've countered that easy. This is an old Manny with no fire.

PBF will fight Canelo. I Def. can see Canelo winning and becoming the next big thing in boxing along with Chavez Bros, Sergio Martinez, Andre Ward,Danny Garcia , Broner , and plenty more.

Bad year for Freddy Roach doe.

de la hoya wont let a Canelo vs Floyd fight happen any time soon.

now that the 'super fight' has disappeared, I see Floyd retiring at most after 3 fights.

Canelo wants either PBF , Cotto, or Trout (who just beat Cotto)
Originally posted by Rocket4989:

[ Edited by YungAce on Dec 10, 2012 at 12:56 AM ]
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Pac had him in the 5th, he just ...stopped. You can tell the fire for fighting is gone from Manny, smiling all the time, politicking. Marquez had the srs face come staredown.

That was a basic overhand right Marquez bucked him with the first time. Young Manny would've countered that easy. This is an old Manny with no fire.

PBF will fight Canelo. I Def. can see Canelo winning and becoming the next big thing in boxing along with Chavez Bros, Sergio Martinez, Andre Ward,Danny Garcia , Broner , and plenty more.

de la hoya wont let a Canelo vs Floyd fight happen any time soon.

now that the 'super fight' has disappeared, I see Floyd retiring at most after 3 fights.

Canelo wants either PBF , Cotto, or Trout (who just beat Cotto)

i see that happening and Canelo retiring him

I think it was more an overconfident manny. marquez took advantage of that and set him up perfectly.
Pacman walked straight into that punch.

I was surprised
Teddy atlas says PAC's boxing career is over
Originally posted by YungAce:

LOL
  • titan
  • Veteran
You guys might be right, he always been about the people and politics is where he is at. At the same time I thought Marquez was slowing down with a possible broken nose. PAC got over confident and got caught up in trying for a KO. Anyone would've slept after that punch, especially if you didn't see it coming!

That's a common occurrence between these two fighters, or really any fighters with opposite stances(southpaw vs orthodox). This wasn't a unique incident by any means, it's just part of the sport.

Sad night for the Philippines. Thanks for the memories, Pac, but after that, you gotta move on. Nothing left to prove.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Sad night for the Philippines. Thanks for the memories, Pac, but after that, you gotta move on. Nothing left to prove.

This. Yeah, thanks Manny. I wish he retired from boxing entirely after the BS loss to Bradley. He's accomplished a lot in his career and it was a pleasure watching him. But I believe he should get out now before he really gets hurt (see Hatton, for example).
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
Anyone still thinking money is ducking him lol

lol this
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DRnSFw:

Share 49ersWebzone