There are 239 users in the forums

***Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread***

Originally posted by Knowledge:
Originally posted by skeetskeet:
Great pitchers duel tonight once Bumgarner settled in.

I'd love to see our pitchers face our lineup sometime.

These games really do have that rivalry/playoff type feel to them.

I honestly in no way fear Howard. I know dude has mad power but his average is so bad and anytime there are two strikes I feel like its a guaranteed K. (Now he's gonna have a monster game cuz I said that) but its like any time there are two strikes he will swing at anything. I wonder What his average is with two strikes?

i expected howard to struggle he just stinks against lefties...Howard is what he is..a big power bat that will stike out alot but dirve you in 140 rbis a year..i love the guy..my favorite Philly...if howard only struck out 100 times a year and batted .300 every year hed be the greatest hitter to ever play the game...hes not that

He does what he does. I dont know why they even let Righties throw to him. Walk him fat butt. I would let the lefties throw all day and his average would be .126 with no homers at the end of the year.
Another pretty crazy stat is that Howards average in wins is .305 and in loses its .149

So apparently your offense relys on him. f**k it, id walk him if i wasnt a superior pitching team
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by skeetskeet:
Great pitchers duel tonight once Bumgarner settled in.

I'd love to see our pitchers face our lineup sometime.

These games really do have that rivalry/playoff type feel to them.

I honestly in no way fear Howard. I know dude has mad power but his average is so bad and anytime there are two strikes I feel like its a guaranteed K. (Now he's gonna have a monster game cuz I said that) but its like any time there are two strikes he will swing at anything. I wonder What his average is with two strikes?

i expected howard to struggle he just stinks against lefties...Howard is what he is..a big power bat that will stike out alot but dirve you in 140 rbis a year..i love the guy..my favorite Philly...if howard only struck out 100 times a year and batted .300 every year hed be the greatest hitter to ever play the game...hes not that

He does what he does. I dont know why they even let Righties throw to him. Walk him fat butt. I would let the lefties throw all day and his average would be .126 with no homers at the end of the year.

they really have no choice...majority of the league is right handed
Pence
welp if these teams meet in the playoffs

gonna be heated
I will pay my respect to the threat of the Phillies... they are damn good.

But, f**k each and every one of them. They have engraved a hatred reserved for the Dodgers.
Originally posted by ads_2006:

gonna be heated

should be fun if it happens...theres still two games left in this series..i dont expect things to cool down
Originally posted by ads_2006:

gonna be heated

should be fun if it happens...theres still two games left in this series..i dont expect things to cool down

would have been better with Posey
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

But, f**k each and every one of them. They have engraved a hatred reserved for the Dodgers.

only giant i hate that much is Cody Ross...and for a rightful reason...only hate him because i know the player he is..and during that run that was not cody ross..the real cody ross is what you see this season

Eli vs 4 phillies in a tackling war

only giant i hate that much is Cody Ross...and for a rightful reason...only hate him because i know the player he is..and during that run that was not cody ross..the real cody ross is what you see this season

got that right

problem is, last year in the playoffs WAS the real Cody Ross. its part of who he is as a player. he plays like a 4th OF most the time, but when he gets hot, he gets white hot. it just so happened that he got white hot at the perfect time for us.

so while he isnt that player all the time, its still a part of his game. if you re-watch those games (and im sure you have no interest in doing so), Ross beat Halladay on those pitches. they werent bad pitches, he was just seeing it big.
Originally posted by Niners99:

problem is, last year in the playoffs WAS the real Cody Ross. its part of who he is as a player. he plays like a 4th OF most the time, but when he gets hot, he gets white hot. it just so happened that he got white hot at the perfect time for us.

so while he isnt that player all the time, its still a part of his game. if you re-watch those games (and im sure you have no interest in doing so), Ross beat Halladay on those pitches. they werent bad pitches, he was just seeing it big.

Ive watch the dude play for 5 years with florida...that was not cody ross trust me
Time to get the brooms ready...next gonna be easy though..Phils can't seem to hit Lincecum
Time to get the brooms ready...next gonna be easy though..Phils can't seem to hit Lincecum

Surprising since he's only a "very good" pitcher.
Share 49ersWebzone