LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 287 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, Cap Room=$6,197,214 as of 4/13/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Fortunately those are like the final years of most of those deals.

I expect it to be the end for Trent and possibly Kittle and Samuel (with us).

Trent sure. Deebo/Kittle, why?

I am thinking by 2025 (when Trey and/or Brock would be due extensions), how many 15 million APY guys will we have?

Now that I'm talking about it, it doesn't seem as bad as again Trent will likely be retired or in his last year, Juice will be retired or in his last year, and we won't have a 6 million dollar kicker.

I hope we lock up Aiyuk. If our reformed O-lime goes according to plan, at least one of those guys will have a deal in that neighborhood. Maybe we just keep a steady train of young O-line coming so we constantly have at least 2 guys on rookie deals starting?

If we do that, then yes its feasible to keep Kittle. With Deebo and Aiyuk AND a QB not on a rookie deal, it gets murky. I'm not saying they can't do it. Its more of I don't see it. Deebo is going to have to put up 1500 + to justify his deal. I personally love him and think he's a big game player, more so than anyone on offense. But then you add in CMC, it will be interesting to see what their approach is.

I'm not in favor of letting anyone go before 2025 abd we won't have this problem for awhile. Just going to be interesting to see how it is addressed.
I have us at $2,403,686 under, enough to sign our picks top 51 wise.

Some reasons for why my numbers are off from OTC/Spotrac.

Darnold has $1.2M LTBE Incentives in his deal
Brendel has around $500K LTBEs(Need to verify that though, so it could be $2.9M under)
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
this is the AB bat signal

if you are seeing this come back AB

it worked!
  • dj43
I read recently that the 2025 cap is expected to $48M higher than it is now with an additional $14M in 2026.

The amount of new money that is coming from these new media deals is just crazy. Of course, a good bit of it will come from pay-per-view deals like Thursday night Amazon Prime. That is just the tip of the ice berg, IMO. It won't be long before we will pay by the game whether we are there in person or watching it on a subscription service online. Free games are going to be much more limited in the near future.
Originally posted by dj43:
I read recently that the 2025 cap is expected to $48M higher than it is now with an additional $14M in 2026.

The amount of new money that is coming from these new media deals is just crazy. Of course, a good bit of it will come from pay-per-view deals like Thursday night Amazon Prime. That is just the tip of the ice berg, IMO. It won't be long before we will pay by the game whether we are there in person or watching it on a subscription service online. Free games are going to be much more limited in the near future.

Right now the 2024 cap should be in the $256M-$260M range, then in 2025 $280M range, $300M range in 2026.

Yeah, it will be that way, already you have to pay YouTube for NFL ST, then Amazon Prime for TNF, you already pay a TV provider or Streaming provider for CBS, FOX, & NBC games on Sunday's, plus ESPN+ has most of the MNF games on it, the days of free games are coming to an end, the revenue will kick in for the 2024 season, so that's when the big jump will happen, without COVID we would have seen a bigger bump this year. Had COVID not happened, we may have not had to trade a DeFo, let some FAs walk, but luckily the cap is finally rising, and we can keep our core together, I mean the likes of CMC, Juice, Deebo, Aiyuk, Kittle, Trent, Bosa, Armstead, Hargrave, Fred, Dre, Ward, plus pay Hufanga top Safety money, Banks, Lenoir will cost mid tier money IMO, which will be higher than in past years due to the rising cap.

it worked!

I finally figured what was wrong with my account, plus I just let bygones be bygones, I'm done arguing about s**t, not worth it, decided to come back.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

it worked!

I finally figured what was wrong with my account, plus I just let bygones be bygones, I'm done arguing about s**t, not worth it, decided to come back.

welcome back

it worked!

welcome back

Jason brings so much real knowledge to the WZ. Welcome back, brother.
surprised you came back after burning this place to the ground on the way out 🤣
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Lol, I tried apologizing, I made a thread but the Mods took it down, I just want what happened in the past to stay there, not brought up, never tried to take the site down, just those who abuse the rules, including myself, have consequences.

Lol, I tried apologizing, I made a thread but the Mods took it down, I just want what happened in the past to stay there, not brought up, never tried to take the site down, just those who abuse the rules, including myself, have consequences.

btw you think it's financially feasible to still sign one of those ERs sitting out there?
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Mar 31, 2023 at 12:47 PM ]

it worked!

It's good to have you back. Don't let the usual suspects get you worked up. You got a lot of good stuff going on (nice work on the podcasts ) so a bunch of us are proud of you and thanks for always giving us some great knowledge on the salary cap.
  • dj43
Originally posted by elguapo:

it worked!

It's good to have you back. Don't let the usual suspects get you worked up. You got a lot of good stuff going on (nice work on the podcasts ) so a bunch of us are proud of you and thanks for always giving us some great knowledge on the salary cap.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

it worked!

welcome back

Welcome back AB!!!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

I feel the same way as you do. I'm glad you are back AB.
Share 49ersWebzone