There are 197 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, Cap Room=$6,197,214 as of 4/13/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
Was there anything in McKinnons contract about games played or being on the 53? Some players have that, so if they're hurt all the time, the team saves money. Any of that in McKinnons deal? I hope so, because he's gotten paid for 2 seasons now, and not played in a single regular season game.

He does, but none of it counts against the cap this year since he missed 2018.
I'm glad they are not going after players like Antonio Brown and Jalen Ramsey
If Gould keeps up missing all these kicks. Do we have an out salary cap wise? I know next year should be tight against the cap curious if that would help us.
[ Edited by 49ersrule on Oct 20, 2019 at 7:19 PM ]
Question for AB, what would trading for Sanders, Green or Sanu mean for the the cap going forward ? And tho they aren't available, what if Keenan Allen or Julio Jones were available, could they be had and the niners still have the room to sign Our stars ?

I know I doubt Jones or Allen are available, just wondering and playing out scenarios in my head..
With us trading for Sanders today,what kind of implications does that have for our cap space this year and next?
Originally posted by 49ersrule:
If Gould keeps up missing all these kicks. Do we have an out salary cap wise? I know next year should be tight against the cap curious if that would help us.

His deal is fully GTD in 2020.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Question for AB, what would trading for Sanders, Green or Sanu mean for the the cap going forward ? And tho they aren't available, what if Keenan Allen or Julio Jones were available, could they be had and the niners still have the room to sign Our stars ?

I know I doubt Jones or Allen are available, just wondering and playing out scenarios in my head..

Should have answered this when you posted. Now that Sanders is a 49er, it doesn't hurt the cap much, he'll make just under $6M with the 49ers, and I have us at $12.7M under right now.
Originally posted by Thanos89:
With us trading for Sanders today,what kind of implications does that have for our cap space this year and next?

Nothing next year he isn't signed for 2020, but I'm sure if he plays the way Kyle and John expect him to, they'll get a new deal done with him, maybe in the $6M a year range, not sure his market value to be honest.
Originally posted by AlvinTostigsSon:
I'm glad they are not going after players like Antonio Brown and Jalen Ramsey

Me 2. Ramsey would have cost 2 1st's and a 4th, plus he has a $13.7M cap number in 2020, too high, would make it difficult to keep DeFo, AA, Kittle, and Ramsey long term.
I would of absolutely loved Anderson from the jets but he is at least worth a second and more. Plus he will be getting at least 10-12 million he's so good. I hope the saints or gb don't get him. Hell, they already have a great number 1 wr. I hope the bills get him so they can actually kill the pats. They already almost are without a semblance of offense
The league jas a cap number each year. Can someone tell me how much the 49ers have spent each year compared to that number?
It seems like it has been $25+ million left unspent each of those years so the team should be rolling over over $100 million in cap space this year.
What do you think our cap wizard is going to do next year? McKinnon for sure. Kittle and Buck have to be brought back. I'm a big fan of Day and Armstead, but there is only so much money.

Heard rumblings that we might try to get McKinnon to take a pay cut to remain on the team. I am down for it, if he basically cuts his base salary down to like 2-3 million each season for the 2 years remaining on his deal. He can be the 2nd or 3rd RB with Breida the starter, and Mostert as the 3rd. Coleman can be cut or traded in the off season, with no dead money, plus he will count almost 5 million towards the cap, and that money could be used towards keeping some of our FA's, or possibly go towards bringing Sanders back.
Heard rumblings that we might try to get McKinnon to take a pay cut to remain on the team. I am down for it, if he basically cuts his base salary down to like 2-3 million each season for the 2 years remaining on his deal. He can be the 2nd or 3rd RB with Breida the starter, and Mostert as the 3rd. Coleman can be cut or traded in the off season, with no dead money, plus he will count almost 5 million towards the cap, and that money could be used towards keeping some of our FA's, or possibly go towards bringing Sanders back.

Why cut or trade Coleman? He has a track record of producing before us and has done well this year. Also, only one year left on his deal. I really wanted to see McKinnon in this offense, but not at the expense of Coleman. He's the one guy I am comfortable giving the ball 20 times to if it came down to it.
According to a source, the grievance amounts are as follows, $2,317,647 for Bowman, and $476,471 for Hoyer, both treated as dead money, they were grievances that were settled. I have the 49ers at around $10M under, don't have my spreadsheet in front of me.
https://49erscap.com/index.php/2019/10/14/taking-a-look-at-the-49ers-salary-cap-situation-for-2020-and-beyond/

AB, so according to this, the niners would have 3 million in cap after signing their own players and before any cuts or trades ? Assuming McKinnon, Mostert, Nzoecha, Goodwin are cut and Solly and Pettis are traded they'd have over 22 million to sign rookies and free agents ? Just wondering how much the niners would have to play with in free agency..

CUT TEVIN COLEMAN???

Yeah, dude scored four TD's yesterday. But, he's trash. Costs too much. I know! Let's cut him after the season!

And uh, this

Share 49ersWebzone