There are 192 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, Cap Room=$6,197,214 as of 4/13/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by kirkscrafford:
AB, they seem to be doing some purging to protect cap. Do you see Celek and Watson being a couple more guys being on the bubble?

If they bring in another TE yes on Celek, yes on Watson, Mayo and Nzeocha are better ST players IMO.
I agree AB, Watson is pretty much a goner to me, and Celek should be upgraded. We won't save too much money moving on from those 2, but every penny counts. Personally I want us to trade Armstead, not just for the 9 million in savings (which is a lot) but that I think ST would be good as our BE in base D, and then slide inside next to Defo on Nickel. Hence Armstead would be a back up, and 9 million is WAY too much for a back up. Rather have people like Day or Street battle for back up BE.
well, we all predicted Watson. looking the cap next year, armstead falls off but Thomas is in there for almost 9M. and they have some large salaries lined up too.
well, we all predicted Watson. looking the cap next year, armstead falls off but Thomas is in there for almost 9M. and they have some large salaries lined up too.

This why the whole picking up Marsh and Watson's options were precautionary measures, in case they didn't land the guys they wanted, then they cut Marsh, and traded Watson, never anything wrong picking up options on guys with no GTD money in their deals.
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
I agree AB, Watson is pretty much a goner to me, and Celek should be upgraded. We won't save too much money moving on from those 2, but every penny counts. Personally I want us to trade Armstead, not just for the 9 million in savings (which is a lot) but that I think ST would be good as our BE in base D, and then slide inside next to Defo on Nickel. Hence Armstead would be a back up, and 9 million is WAY too much for a back up. Rather have people like Day or Street battle for back up BE.

This. Hopefully they can still move him. If Street is who they think he is, we should be able to move AA.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Any idea what the 9ers are projected to have in cap space next year? Damn Sportrac is so misleading, I'm gonna stop going there.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Any idea what the 9ers are projected to have in cap space next year? Damn Sportrac is so misleading, I'm gonna stop going there.

Right now I'm projecting them to be in the $50M to $60M range before cuts, depends on cut down day too.
Does that assume ST signs up for another $10M?
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Right now I'm projecting them to be in the $50M to $60M range before cuts, depends on cut down day too.

I think we are in the top 3-5 teams with cap space. Next year Buckner and soon kittle will be up but we will be saving close to 10 million with either Solomon or Arik being off the books.
Just opened my new website not meant to compete with anyone, just a website devoted to the 49ers salary cap, http://49erscap.com/

I also think once Kittle and Buck are extended (and I expect both to happen, we won't have any major deals for a couple of seasons (2022 I think).
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I also think once Kittle and Buck are extended (and I expect both to happen, we won't have any major deals for a couple of seasons (2022 I think).

Right now the biggest names that need new deals are of course Buckner and Kittle, then after 2021 we have McGlinchey, who has an option for 2022, plus Pettis and Warner, so yeah not many big names coming up yet. Pettis won't break the bank, neither should Warner, should be similar to Kwon's deal. Both will eligible after 2020.
Aside from Celek, do you think Coleman is in trouble? I'm hoping one of the kids offers a discounted option at back up tackle.
Aside from Celek, do you think Coleman is in trouble? I'm hoping one of the kids offers a discounted option at back up tackle.

I think Coleman could be a cut candidate, would save $2.005M, depends on how well Justin Skule looks.
Does Coleman come off the books because he went on season long IR?
Share 49ersWebzone