LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, Cap Room=$6,197,214 as of 4/13/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
What's the news today mean for our cap space?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
So let me get this straight, 9ers actually loss about 6 million in cap space restructuring Malcolm Smith's contract?
Originally posted by Kolohe:
So let me get this straight, 9ers actually loss about 6 million in cap space restructuring Malcolm Smith's contract?

Huh according to who Kolohe
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Huh according to who Kolohe

I was guessing off Sportrac sorry forgot to mention that in the free agency thread.
Update, after the Alexander, and Smith deals, we're $57,714,571 under the 49ers adjusted salary cap.
Update, after the Alexander, and Smith deals, we're $57,714,571 under the 49ers adjusted salary cap.

How about after Dee Ford's deal? Has all the information been released yet? Appreciate all the work!
Update, before knowing terms on Dee Ford(getting frustrated with no news on his terms), Mostert's, Nzeocha's or Matthews deals, I have us at $52.879M under the teams adjusted cap.
I feel like we have a lot of cap space still
Originally posted by wolfpack2192:

Yeah we do. I believe we get 5.1 mil from releasing the karate kid.
Originally posted by elguapo:

Yeah we cleared roughly $4.5M after Top 51 rule, we now have $55M in cap room before knowing cap numbers for Dee Ford, Mostert(I still have him at $2.025M), Nzeocha, Exum, Matthews, and Mayo, I doubt any of them besides Ford take up more than about $5M total. We should carryover a good $30-$35 Million into 2020, another $70-$80M in cap room for 2020, pending DeFo's 5th yr option, and 2019 draft class.

Originally posted by elguapo:

Yeah we cleared roughly $4.5M after Top 51 rule, we now have $55M in cap room before knowing cap numbers for Dee Ford, Mostert(I still have him at $2.025M), Nzeocha, Exum, Matthews, and Mayo, I doubt any of them besides Ford take up more than about $5M total. We should carryover a good $30-$35 Million into 2020, another $70-$80M in cap room for 2020, pending DeFo's 5th yr option, and 2019 draft class.

Thanks so much AB
Armstead's $9M will come off next year. Either he leaves or it get renegotiated. Staley's number goes too?
We definitely had enough money for Earl Thomas
Originally posted by adrenaline:
We definitely had enough money for Earl Thomas

At this point I would believe that we did put injury causes in his contract and he wasn't OK with it.
AB, they seem to be doing some purging to protect cap. Do you see Celek and Watson being a couple more guys being on the bubble?
Share 49ersWebzone