There are 248 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, Cap Room=$6,197,214 as of 4/13/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
My question, is tom savage getting paid during this non sense.

I remember under harbaugh, this crap with johnson and ventrone was fine with them, they both got paid.

Yes Savage is getting paid, since he won't be cut today(if he isn't) he'll get paid for a weeks work, and then they will waived him tomorrow for a back.
What impact does releasing Foster have on the Cap, and having the skins pick him up?
Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefterFollowingFollowing @AdamSchefter
More
NFL told its teams today that the 2019 salary cap is projected to be in the range of $187-to-$191.1 millon.
What a strip!!
Damn it
Whoops wrong thread lol
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Dec 23, 2018 at 2:54 PM ]
Originally posted by Debryune:
What impact does releasing Foster have on the Cap, and having the skins pick him up?

None, his guarantees voided after his first arrest, only dead money going forward is signing bonus prorations.
@AB What's the Antonio Brown cap hit situation look like if we take him in a trade?
Originally posted by Wewillwin:
@AB What's the Antonio Brown cap hit situation look like if we take him in a trade?

Right now we are in a good spot with regards to cap room. Prime time to make a superbowl run because things get murkier later. Its more of the long term issue, we're most likely gonna extend Buckner this year. You cant disrespect one of ur best players and keep him on one year contracts. Account for this at around 5-6 years, 110$-140$, 80 mil guaranteed. Fast forward to I believe, 2021-22, and we are gonna have to extend Kittle to the largest contract for a TE, 4-5 years 40-55$ mil. That is three major contracts, jimmy buckner and kittle.

But, lets say we do trade for Brown. The most we should give him is a restructered contract, to reduce his cap hit. His current contract has him as a free agent by 2022. Not to shabby. Most likely to stay in place. Post 2020 season: kittle, warner, moore, mcglinchy need to be resigned. 2022, resign jimmy.... or Mullens.

If we do trade for Brown, itll make it harder to land players like Earl Thomas if we have these contracts coming off the books with in 4 years. 49ers like to extend players with 1-2 years left on their contracts. In all, this trade needs to put us in Superbowl contention.
Originally posted by dngt49:
Originally posted by Wewillwin:

Right now we are in a good spot with regards to cap room. Prime time to make a superbowl run because things get murkier later. Its more of the long term issue, we're most likely gonna extend Buckner this year. You cant disrespect one of ur best players and keep him on one year contracts. Account for this at around 5-6 years, 110$-140$, 80 mil guaranteed. Fast forward to I believe, 2021-22, and we are gonna have to extend Kittle to the largest contract for a TE, 4-5 years 40-55$ mil. That is three major contracts, jimmy buckner and kittle.

But, lets say we do trade for Brown. The most we should give him is a restructered contract, to reduce his cap hit. His current contract has him as a free agent by 2022. Not to shabby. Most likely to stay in place. Post 2020 season: kittle, warner, moore, mcglinchy need to be resigned. 2022, resign jimmy.... or Mullens.

If we do trade for Brown, itll make it harder to land players like Earl Thomas if we have these contracts coming off the books with in 4 years. 49ers like to extend players with 1-2 years left on their contracts. In all, this trade needs to put us in Superbowl contention.
Niners need to cut some dead weight and that would free up over 25 million. Armstead,Gilliam,Marsh,Garcon,Smith and Watson should all be gone.

Since they just got all that tax money there's no excuses for them not spending every penny this year and going for it!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by justjim77:
Since they just got all that tax money there's no excuses for them not spending every penny this year and going for it!

Since when did they not spend money in free agency? Did you just forget the $137 million contract they gave to Jimmy G. or how about $30 million to Jerrick McKinnon. How about the 5 yr $47 million contract they gave Richburgh?
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Since when did they not spend money in free agency? Did you just forget the $137 million contract they gave to Jimmy G. or how about $30 million to Jerrick McKinnon. How about the 5 yr $47 million contract they gave Richburgh?

They'll need to spend more of their precious cap thus year. We seem to roll over a lot of money every year. At some point you need to spend it all.

They'll need to spend more of their precious cap thus year. We seem to roll over a lot of money every year. At some point you need to spend it all.

Not how it works, it's reckless to spend it all every year, you need to have some leftover to account for emergencies in season, can't spend everything every year.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Not how it works, it's reckless to spend it all every year, you need to have some leftover to account for emergencies in season, can't spend everything every year.

Of course. I don't want to have to get to the point where you're cutting GOOD players to get under the cap. I just know some teams don't have the upfront money to offer the right type of contract to players. I want to see heavier contracts offered to someone like Demarcus Lawrence to pry him out of Dallas for instance. I don't want to be irresponsible, but I don't want to just miss out because of money on a star.
Share 49ersWebzone