There are 181 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, Cap Room=$6,197,214 as of 4/13/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by lamontb:
AB can we get out from Ebukam's contract after this season?

I was looking at OTC and Spotrac last night and it looks like they can. Only about 1mil dead cap hit. Ford on the other hand is like 14mil dead cap hit lol. Move on from Jimmy and Samson that's about 34 million in savings there and puts them around 45mil cap space. Maybe restructure a few more guys to free up some more.

Yea both need to go. Looks like we'll have Ford on the roster another season. Maybe step up his playing time so we can get as much out of him as possible

I was looking at OTC and Spotrac last night and it looks like they can. Only about 1mil dead cap hit. Ford on the other hand is like 14mil dead cap hit lol. Move on from Jimmy and Samson that's about 34 million in savings there and puts them around 45mil cap space. Maybe restructure a few more guys to free up some more.

Ebukam would save the team $6.95M before the top 51, Jimmy $25.55M before the top 51, Dee has a $4.6M injury GTD roster bonus due within 5 days after the super bowl, if they decline it, they save $2,090,001 before the top 51 rule. Depending on the what the cap is set at, I have them over the cap, around $4.8M, not including base salary escalations for Deebo, Dre, & Wishnowsky, which would put them closet to $8M over.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Ebukam would save the team $6.95M before the top 51, Jimmy $25.55M before the top 51, Dee has a $4.6M injury GTD roster bonus due within 5 days after the super bowl, if they decline it, they save $2,090,001 before the top 51 rule. Depending on the what the cap is set at, I have them over the cap, around $4.8M, not including base salary escalations for Deebo, Dre, & Wishnowsky, which would put them closet to $8M over.

I'll defer to you, but how are they 4.8 over? They are slated to have around 11 in space next year if it's at 208 and once they move on from Jimmy and probably Samson that's another 30+
also what is the savings and/or hit if they move on from Ford?
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Oct 30, 2021 at 3:28 PM ]

I'll defer to you, but how are they 4.8 over? They are slated to have around 11 in space next year if it's at 208 and once they move on from Jimmy and probably Samson that's another 30+

They only have 31 players signed for 2022, they need to get to 51 for the top 51 rule, the minimum for 2022 is $705K, so that's $14.1M that will be used up once they sign 20 players to contracts for 2022.

As for Dee, they'd save $2M before the top 51 rule, if they were to pay him the $4.6M roster bonus, and june 1 him, they'd save $2.4M before the top 51 rule.

They only have 31 players signed for 2022, they need to get to 51 for the top 51 rule, the minimum for 2022 is $705K, so that's $14.1M that will be used up once they sign 20 players to contracts for 2022.

As for Dee, they'd save $2M before the top 51 rule, if they were to pay him the $4.6M roster bonus, and june 1 him, they'd save $2.4M before the top 51 rule.

Gotcha. Wouldn't that fall under spending money with your cap you have to fill out that 20? And when you say 3-4 over, that's not factoring in cuts right?
Also can you clarify dead cap? I don't think I get it. when it says 14, I took that as they save no money and it counts 14mil against the cap

Gotcha. Wouldn't that fall under spending money with your cap you have to fill out that 20? And when you say 3-4 over, that's not factoring in cuts right?
Also can you clarify dead cap? I don't think I get it. when it says 14, I took that as they save no money and it counts 14mil against the cap

Technically, under a $208.2M cap, with just 31 signed, they're about $9M under, but that's not the true cap room, as teams go by the top 51 rule in the offseason, so those 20 players will cost minimum of $14.1M.

Yes, without any cuts, they're about $4.8M over the top 51 rule if the cap reaches $208.2M, if the 3 players get the raises per the CBA, that puts them closer to $8M over.

Dead money wise, for Dee, I don't know where you're getting or seeing $14M in dead money, he has $4.9M in prorated bonuses for 2022 & 2023, so around $9.8M in dead money, if they pay Dee the $4.6M, that means he's on the 2022 roster, as they wouldn't get that potential $2.4M post june 1 savings until June 2nd.
Technically, under a $208.2M cap, with just 31 signed, they're about $9M under, but that's not the true cap room, as teams go by the top 51 rule in the offseason, so those 20 players will cost minimum of $14.1M.

Yes, without any cuts, they're about $4.8M over the top 51 rule if the cap reaches $208.2M, if the 3 players get the raises per the CBA, that puts them closer to $8M over.

Dead money wise, for Dee, I don't know where you're getting or seeing $14M in dead money, he has $4.9M in prorated bonuses for 2022 & 2023, so around $9.8M in dead money, if they pay Dee the $4.6M, that means he's on the 2022 roster, as they wouldn't get that potential $2.4M post june 1 savings until June 2nd.

From Spotrac so based on what you are saying it looks like 2.4 in savings if he's a post June 1 cut

From Spotrac so based on what you are saying it looks like 2.4 in savings if he's a post June 1 cut

Yet some fans still want the Niners to sign every free agent that come son the market. They're going to be busy in the off season trying to find room to keep some key players and still possibly signing a free agent or two. All this while transitioning to a new QB next season and not having a first round pick. Maybe not having a first rounder isn't that important since they seem to have better luck with mid rounders.
I would think they would get a small amount of cap back from some of the guys that got hurt. They aren't earning their game roster bonuses. Mostert and Verrett basically missed the entire season. Even Jimmy and George have been on IR. Are those written into rookie contracts? Kinlaw is missing half the season now, too.

First sorry for delay, I dislocated my kneecap this past week, been in and out of bed, it dislocated after I heard a pop, but popped back in right away.

Anyway, yes, the $2.4M savings would be post June 1, but if they don't pay him the $4.6M roster bonus, they'd save a bit over $2M, depends on how the rest of 2021 pans out.

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Yet some fans still want the Niners to sign every free agent that come son the market. They're going to be busy in the off season trying to find room to keep some key players and still possibly signing a free agent or two. All this while transitioning to a new QB next season and not having a first round pick. Maybe not having a first rounder isn't that important since they seem to have better luck with mid rounders.

Exactly, I think, IMO, K'Waun & DJ are must re-signed, 3yr for KW & 5 for DJ, $5M a yr for both is fair IMO.

Plus we have some good RFAs & ERFAs to keep, easy signings though, Brunskill, Street, & Al-Shaair are RFAs, Hasty, Jennings, Flannigan-Fowles, & Givens are ERFAs, they can't go anywhere the ERFAs.

Originally posted by kirkscrafford:
I would think they would get a small amount of cap back from some of the guys that got hurt. They aren't earning their game roster bonuses. Mostert and Verrett basically missed the entire season. Even Jimmy and George have been on IR. Are those written into rookie contracts? Kinlaw is missing half the season now, too.

Yes for Mostert & Verrett, they'll get back around $815,257 total for those 2, plus they're gonna get back, as of now, $847K from base salary guarantees fort MyCole Pruitt(on Titans 53), Elijah Sullivan(on KC PS), & Sudfeld(should make more than the $252K we GTD him), so that's about $1,662,257 in credits, plus anything that isn't known, we got over $11M this season, those terms aren't ever disclosed, meaning what they are for. That $11M helped this offseason, along with Dee & Richburg's redoes to bring back so many(Trent, Juice, Verrett, Jones, Tartt, K'Waun, add Mack, Ebukam, plus pay our picks).

Thanks AB. Hope you feel better
I love the work put in to this info.
Anyone got connections to Paraag. Maybe they are looking for a stats/moneyball person. And AB does have insight in to knee injuries so that could help the team scouting.
Lol USAtoday
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
Anyone got connections to Paraag. Maybe they are looking for a stats/moneyball person. And AB does have insight in to knee injuries so that could help the team scouting.

What's that supposed to mean?

Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Lol USAtoday

Ok?
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:

What's that supposed to mean

Might be downgrade on your career but just trying to get good folks a job on they team the root for.
[ Edited by KeepRabbitsOut on Nov 3, 2021 at 1:33 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone