LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, Cap Room=$6,197,214 as of 4/13/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Huh? All this cap room? They have about $12M, that's not a lot, especially when they needed to restructure Dee's deal to gain $9.55M, and Compton top gain $1.325M. They didn't have the room to extend Buckner, they needed to money for Kittle. As for trading away good players, only Buckner was traded.

As for NO, go year by year, they had cap room this year thanks to restructures, etc.. That's how they gave Sanders and Kamara deals, next year they're f**ked, likely $75M over the $175M 2021 cap.

And the Saints always figure it out. How come this FO never do?
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Huh? All this cap room? They have about $12M, that's not a lot, especially when they needed to restructure Dee's deal to gain $9.55M, and Compton top gain $1.325M. They didn't have the room to extend Buckner, they needed to money for Kittle. As for trading away good players, only Buckner was traded.

As for NO, go year by year, they had cap room this year thanks to restructures, etc.. That's how they gave Sanders and Kamara deals, next year they're f**ked, likely $75M over the $175M 2021 cap.

And the Saints always figure it out. How come this FO never do?

Huh? The 49ers have always found a way to sign players, this offseason was different, they didn't need to go out and sign a big name, plus as I said they don't have the cap room. Listen to what I'm saying the Saints only were able to extend Kamara cause Sheldon Rankins redid his deal, they're almost $80M over the 2021 cap. Plus the 49ers did spend this offseason, hence the Kittle extension, or did you miss that, or refuse to point or acknowledge that?
How much will Mathews cost ? And I'd also see about Dareus, just think with Ford fragile, we need more pass rush and signing Dareus would help the interior even more.
Time to spend a little cash on Anzah
Originally posted by jersey49er:
How much will Mathews cost ? And I'd also see about Dareus, just think with Ford fragile, we need more pass rush and signing Dareus would help the interior even more.

I have no idea how much they'd cost, I doubt they will spend more than the minimum on anyone, they only have $10M in cap room, they need to save some room for 2021, and also for in season roster moves.
May be a dumb question but what ramifications do the injuries to Bosa, Thomas, Ford and Sherman have in regards to cap space? Do any of them have playing time incentives or active roster bonuses on game day?

Just wondering if the cap space is affected by the lost players. Looking for a small silver lining.
My latest article where I take a look at the 49ers 2021 Salary Cap situation after 2 weeks.

https://49erscap.com/index.php/2020/09/26/taking-a-look-at-the-49ers-2021-salary-cap-situation-after-2-weeks-of-the-2020-nfl-season/

It's a long article, but worth the read IMO, spoiler, we can bring back our guys.
My latest article where I take a look at the 49ers 2021 Salary Cap situation after 2 weeks.

https://49erscap.com/index.php/2020/09/26/taking-a-look-at-the-49ers-2021-salary-cap-situation-after-2-weeks-of-the-2020-nfl-season/

It's a long article, but worth the read IMO, spoiler, we can bring back our guys.

Yeah it was long but worth it, like always it's great insight to possibilities, I agree on everyone you'd resign for 2021, I'd love to see some free agent action but to keep our core it's unlikely, plus the fact free agents always get overpaid, niners just can't afford that, especially 2021 with the cap being so low, great job and thanks.
Originally posted by jersey49er:

Yeah it was long but worth it, like always it's great insight to possibilities, I agree on everyone you'd resign for 2021, I'd love to see some free agent action but to keep our core it's unlikely, plus the fact free agents always get overpaid, niners just can't afford that, especially 2021 with the cap being so low, great job and thanks.

Thanks jersey, appreciate it, agree, I would love to be able to sign some outside guys, but likely not gonna happen.
[ Edited by DickNasty on Oct 18, 2020 at 6:34 PM ]

I thought we had almost 10 million after restructuring Fords contract?
So.. the question I have is, once everyone's contract expires for whoever's going to be a FA in 2021. How much do we realistically have to spend to retain guys?
If a player goes on IR for the season, their salary cap figure should come off the books. That way they can be replaced and keep teams more competitive.
Sorry to ask again but after the Ford restructure I thought we had about 9 million. What in the hell happened to that money
ya last i checked we had around 12mil in cap space. then we resructured lakens deal gaining even more money. does anyone know how 12$mil + dissapeared?
Share 49ersWebzone