LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, Cap Room=$6,197,214 as of 4/13/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Looks like enough for Jamal Adams and Junior Galette to me.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

I haven't updated the cap number, according the NFLPA Cap Report, the 49ers have $11,970,144 in cap room, I have them at $11,541,847 in cap room, not sure on Trent Williams, but we can't afford to take on much more salary, we're gonna have between $9M-$12M in cap room to begin the season, and that doesn't include a potential extension for Kittle. The 49ers could free up over $28.5M in cap room by restructuring Jimmy Garoppolo, and Dee Ford's deals, they'd have to add 2 voidable years to Jimmy's deal, and 1 to Ford's deal. Don't expect them to add any more FAs. Unless their minimum salary deals.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

I haven't updated the cap number, according the NFLPA Cap Report, the 49ers have $11,970,144 in cap room, I have them at $11,541,847 in cap room, not sure on Trent Williams, but we can't afford to take on much more salary, we're gonna have between $9M-$12M in cap room to begin the season, and that doesn't include a potential extension for Kittle. The 49ers could free up over $28.5M in cap room by restructuring Jimmy Garoppolo, and Dee Ford's deals, they'd have to add 2 voidable years to Jimmy's deal, and 1 to Ford's deal. Don't expect them to add any more FAs. Unless their minimum salary deals.

I don't understand why they wouldn't restructure Jimmy Garoppolo, and Dee Ford's deals?

What is the drawback to doing it?
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:

I don't understand why they wouldn't restructure Jimmy Garoppolo, and Dee Ford's deals?

What is the drawback to doing it?

The only drawback is it makes it tougher to get out the deals the next year. But I really doubt either player is going anywhere in 2021.
The only drawback is it makes it tougher to get out the deals the next year. But I really doubt either player is going anywhere in 2021.

What is the amount of cap space teams generally leave unused, to have available to use during the season?

I can see them restructuring Jimmy's deal before the season to open up more cap for Kittles extension which I think with be at 15 million yearly, not Fords yet tho, bc if Ford has an injury plagued yr again I think he gets cut next year. If not they restructure Fords saving more cap next year.
Given that the salary cap will go down next year (of course perfect timing since we finally can keep a great team together we get screwed).

We are going to lose a few free agents but I think if we restructure Jimmy Garoppolo's contract as well as cut or restructure Fords, and also release Alexander we should be able to keep most the team together.

I just hope Baltimore Kansas City and New Orleans lose good players because they're up against the cap more than we are
AB, do you think there will be more pressure on the higher paid guys to prove their worth, as opposed to keeping some of the more inexpensive guys to roll over cap? Compton is the first guy that comes to mind. But even Nz might save them another million. Will they waive a bunch of these guys for the first game, so there is no guarantee for the season? Benjamin?
I hear everyone talking about how much trouble we are in next year if the cap drops to $175m, but that will happen to every team and the deals offered to all free agents will somehow have to minimize their count against the next two years salary cap.

Our salary cap problems are league wide problems. It will probably suck to hit the market next year. I would think that players might look for 1 or 2 year deals to get them through to a time when the cap will start climbing again. I would think that Jimmy G might consider restructuring to help keep the 9ers in their super bowl window.

could we potentially have enough to give Clowney a 1 year deal ?
all this cap room and they trade away good players. How could the saints afford sanders and they're 50 million over the cap?
Originally posted by pdizo916:
all this cap room and they trade away good players. How could the saints afford sanders and they're 50 million over the cap?

Huh? All this cap room? They have about $12M, that's not a lot, especially when they needed to restructure Dee's deal to gain $9.55M, and Compton top gain $1.325M. They didn't have the room to extend Buckner, they needed to money for Kittle. As for trading away good players, only Buckner was traded.

As for NO, go year by year, they had cap room this year thanks to restructures, etc.. That's how they gave Sanders and Kamara deals, next year they're f**ked, likely $75M over the $175M 2021 cap.
Any word on Sanu's deal?
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:
Any word on Sanu's deal?

Spotrac has it at

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/mohamed-sanu-9893/
Share 49ersWebzone