LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 239 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, Cap Room=$6,197,214 as of 4/13/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by captveg:
How much does trading Goodwin and Breida free up on the cap?

And Staley retiring.

$2.906M for Goodwin
$2.509M for Breida
$10M for Staley
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by captveg:
How much does trading Goodwin and Breida free up on the cap?

And Staley retiring.

$2.906M for Goodwin
$2.509M for Breida
$10M for Staley

Factoring in Staley retiring, Trent Williams trade, draft class, and moving Bredia/Goodwin....where are we with that cap?
Staley, Breida, Goodwin roughly $15M.....then roughly $12M for Trent?

Curious our flexibility to still add another veteran or so via free agency
Originally posted by Niners418:
Factoring in Staley retiring, Trent Williams trade, draft class, and moving Bredia/Goodwin....where are we with that cap?

Right now I have us at about $14M with everything included, minus picks signed, that includes Jet's $2M proration accelerated, and with Picks signed, I have us at $10M, add in $2M for each if Jet's $2M if dead money in 2021, plus we don't know what Williams' deal will look like if he's still redoing it, maybe an extension happens.
Originally posted by Niners418:

Right now I have us at about $14M with everything included, minus picks signed, that includes Jet's $2M proration accelerated, and with Picks signed, I have us at $10M, add in $2M for each if Jet's $2M if dead money in 2021, plus we don't know what Williams' deal will look like if he's still redoing it, maybe an extension happens.

Don't know if Kittle will get his extension quite yet
Better get one of Kittle or T. Williams extended, so we have the option to franchise tag the other after the 2020 season. Wonder how much a Kittle extension would be? 12-14 million AAV? I would be down for a 5 year 60 million extension with 36 million guaranteed (Basically just guarantee the first 3 years of his extension) This way we have Kittle locked up for 6 more seasons (final year of rookie deal + 5 year extension).
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
Better get one of Kittle or T. Williams extended, so we have the option to franchise tag the other after the 2020 season. Wonder how much a Kittle extension would be? 12-14 million AAV? I would be down for a 5 year 60 million extension with 36 million guaranteed (Basically just guarantee the first 3 years of his extension) This way we have Kittle locked up for 6 more seasons (final year of rookie deal + 5 year extension).

This is my thinking, extend Kittle, tag Trent at worse case scenario if no extension for him.
Do we have the ability to extend everyone after this season AB?
Originally posted by philgardis49:

If they want to, Yes, depends on if they think they can upgrade some of the players, but as far as starters are concerned, FB Juice, TE Kittle, LT Williams, NT Jones, CB Sherman, CB Williams, SS Tartt are UFAs, RG Brunskill, and CB Moseley are ERFAs, so they're not going anywhere. Key guys like QB Mullens are RFAs, and the 1yr deal guys like DEs Blair and Hyder, WLB Walker, and C Garland are easy re-signings. We can, and should keep the core together for as long as possible. Also WR Bourne will be a RFA, I'd be for extending him now, and lowering his cap hit. Same with Juice, Sherm, and Tartt, that would free up money to carryover into 2021 to help keep the rest.
Originally posted by philgardis49:

If they want to, Yes, depends on if they think they can upgrade some of the players, but as far as starters are concerned, FB Juice, TE Kittle, LT Williams, NT Jones, CB Sherman, CB Williams, SS Tartt are UFAs, RG Brunskill, and CB Moseley are ERFAs, so they're not going anywhere. Key guys like QB Mullens are RFAs, and the 1yr deal guys like DEs Blair and Hyder, WLB Walker, and C Garland are easy re-signings. We can, and should keep the core together for as long as possible. Also WR Bourne will be a RFA, I'd be for extending him now, and lowering his cap hit. Same with Juice, Sherm, and Tartt, that would free up money to carryover into 2021 to help keep the rest.

I'm surprised they haven't done it already for at least Kittle,Sherm, Juice and Tartt. But I think they may be waiting to get the guys in before that.

https://49erscap.com/index.php/2020/05/17/how-the-potential-decrease-of-the-2021-salary-cap-effects-the-49ers-and-what-they-can-do-in-2021/
Latest article is also on NN, https://www.ninersnation.com/2020/5/18/21261779/a-look-at-what-could-happen-to-the-49ers-2021-salary-cap-if-no-fans-are-permitted-in-stadiums

Just a peek into the future, key FAs coming up.

After 2020

QB Nick Mullens RFA Likely 1st or 2nd rd tender, I'd easily pay him $5M a yr to be the #2 QB
RB Tevin Coleman UFA Likely replaced, but KS loves Tevin, so I can see the team bringing him back on a cheap 2-3 yr deal
FB Juice UFA Not going anywhere, well worth $5.25M a year again
WR Kendrick Bourne UFA I initially didn't like him in 2019, but he grew on me, and now love Bourne, need to keep him $4M a yr should do it
TE George Kittle UFA Not going anywhere, $14M a yr is fair, I'd go as high as $16M a yr like McCaffrey's deal
LT Trent Williams UFA Not going anywhere, $22M a yr is fair for the best LT IMO, plus they'll tag him at worst
RG Daniel Brunskill ERFA Tender at $895K
NT D.J. Jones UFA Bring him back, he's a rare specimen, speed and power, $5M a yr should do it.
CB Richard Sherman UFA Bring him back, hasn't lost a step, $10M a yr
CB K'Waun Williams UFA One of the best Slot CBs in the NFL, $7M a yr
CB Emmanuel Moseley ERFA $895K tender
SS Jaquiski Tartt UFA Might lose him, but I'd go Ward's APY of $9.5M to keep Ward/Tartt combo together

After 2021

RB Raheem Mostert UFA Needs to be extended, but bring back, $4M a yr, I doubt the team spends big money on any RB after the failed Jerick McKinnon signing
LG Laken Tomlinson UFA Bring back at $5.25M a yr again, been consistent
RT Mike McGlinchey UFA, but will get his 5th yr option picked up, likely in the $14M a yr range
NT Jullian Taylor UFA bring back on a cheap $3M a yr deal for 4-5 years, good 1-2 punch at NT with him and Jones
MLB Fred Warner UFA If need be tag him, $14M a yr should do it
FS Tarvarius Moore UFA Re-sign at a cheap $3M a yr for 3-4 yrs to replace Ward eventually

After 2022 is interesting

QB Garoppolo is a UFA, must re-sign, $28.5M at least APY, maybe $30M, you know it'll be team friendly
WR Deebo UFA $8M a yr for sure
C Richburg is a UFA, if still playing at a high level, and improves, keep him at same rate or slight increase depending on cap
DE Bosa is a UFA but 5th yr option will be picked up, $20M+ a yr for sure
WLB Kwon is a UFA, if still playing well, bring back on similar contract
SLB Greenlaw is a UFA bring back for sure, might need to choose between him and Kwon, hopefully by 2023 offseason the cap is really really high so we don't have too.
FS Ward, I'd like to keep if he plays well, but Moore is capable by then IMO
P Wishnowsky, cheap $1.5M a yr 4yr deal
LS Nelson, cheap $2M a yr deal on another 4yr deal

Anything beyond 2023 is way too far ahead, we're talking Kinlaw, Aiyuk, AA, Dee Ford(Likely gone by then with new younger replacement), and rest of 2020 picks.
[ Edited by AB81Rules on May 20, 2020 at 8:20 PM ]
Latest article is also on NN, https://www.ninersnation.com/2020/5/18/21261779/a-look-at-what-could-happen-to-the-49ers-2021-salary-cap-if-no-fans-are-permitted-in-stadiums

Just a peek into the future, key FAs coming up.

After 2020

QB Nick Mullens RFA Likely 1st or 2nd rd tender, I'd easily pay him $5M a yr to be the #2 QB
RB Tevin Coleman UFA Likely replaced, but KS loves Tevin, so I can see the team bringing him back on a cheap 2-3 yr deal
FB Juice UFA Not going anywhere, well worth $5.25M a year again
WR Kendrick Bourne UFA I initially didn't like him in 2019, but he grew on me, and now love Bourne, need to keep him $4M a yr should do it
TE George Kittle UFA Not going anywhere, $14M a yr is fair, I'd go as high as $16M a yr like McCaffrey's deal
LT Trent Williams UFA Not going anywhere, $22M a yr is fair for the best LT IMO, plus they'll tag him at worst
RG Daniel Brunskill ERFA Tender at $895K
NT D.J. Jones UFA Bring him back, he's a rare specimen, speed and power, $5M a yr should do it.
CB Richard Sherman UFA Bring him back, hasn't lost a step, $10M a yr
CB K'Waun Williams UFA One of the best Slot CBs in the NFL, $7M a yr
CB Emmanuel Moseley ERFA $895K tender
SS Jaquiski Tartt UFA Might lose him, but I'd go Ward's APY of $9.5M to keep Ward/Tartt combo together

After 2021

RB Raheem Mostert UFA Needs to be extended, but bring back, $4M a yr, I doubt the team spends big money on any RB after the failed Jerick McKinnon signing
LG Laken Tomlinson UFA Bring back at $5.25M a yr again, been consistent
RT Mike McGlinchey UFA, but will get his 5th yr option picked up, likely in the $14M a yr range
NT Jullian Taylor UFA bring back on a cheap $3M a yr deal for 4-5 years, good 1-2 punch at NT with him and Jones
MLB Fred Warner UFA If need be tag him, $14M a yr should do it
FS Tarvarius Moore UFA Re-sign at a cheap $3M a yr for 3-4 yrs to replace Ward eventually

After 2022 is interesting

QB Garoppolo is a UFA, must re-sign, $28.5M at least APY, maybe $30M, you know it'll be team friendly
WR Deebo UFA $8M a yr for sure
C Richburg is a UFA, if still playing at a high level, and improves, keep him at same rate or slight increase depending on cap
DE Bosa is a UFA but 5th yr option will be picked up, $20M+ a yr for sure
WLB Kwon is a UFA, if still playing well, bring back on similar contract
SLB Greenlaw is a UFA bring back for sure, might need to choose between him and Kwon, hopefully by 2023 offseason the cap is really really high so we don't have too.
FS Ward, I'd like to keep if he plays well, but Moore is capable by then IMO
P Wishnowsky, cheap $1.5M a yr 4yr deal
LS Nelson, cheap $2M a yr deal on another 4yr deal

Anything beyond 2023 is way too far ahead, we're talking Kinlaw, Aiyuk, AA, Dee Ford(Likely gone by then with new younger replacement), and rest of 2020 picks.

This is great, thanks AB, my question is, if everyone in 2021 is resigned like you said, will there be any money left to go after free agents ? Or it'll basically be like this year, sign our guys and can't do much in free agency ?
Originally posted by jersey49er:
This is great, thanks AB, my question is, if everyone in 2021 is resigned like you said, will there be any money left to go after free agents ? Or it'll basically be like this year, sign our guys and can't do much in free agency ?

All depends on a few factors. 1. What's the salary cap in 2021, will it go down significantly without fans in the stands, and 2. how many of these starters are re-signed, and for how much, so likely just re-sign our own, and sign a bunch of 1yr deal guys. I personally liked the 1yr signings this year, Hyder, Blair, Coleman, Garland, Walker I think will contribute, and could be brought back in 2021 on cheap multi year deals or vet minimum deals.
Where are we at on the cap now that most of the rookies are signed? Where are we at with Kittle?
Share 49ersWebzone