There are 137 users in the forums

49ers 2020 Cap Room=$14,541,451 as of 4/25/20

Shop Find 49ers gear online ?
The man, the myth, the legend!

Welcome back, AB!!!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 48,887
This thread needs to be pinned.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Thanks man, appreciate it.

Also Tomlinson earned a $500K incentive for play time in 2019, now also counts for 2020.

Man, it's been a minute since we've had a Championship level roster up against the cap.

Yeah it has, but the good teams/smart teams know how to manuever the cap, like the Pats, who always have a tight cap.
Originally posted by ProfessorKel:
The man, the myth, the legend!

Welcome back, AB!!!

This. THIS! Welcome back, AB!
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Thanks man, appreciate it.

Also Tomlinson earned a $500K incentive for play time in 2019, now also counts for 2020.

Man, it's been a minute since we've had a Championship level roster up against the cap.

Yeah it has, but the good teams/smart teams know how to manuever the cap, like the Pats, who always have a tight cap.
Welcome back AB!
Do you think they will leave Tevin Colemans contract as is? Paying close to 5M for a rotational player (with a bunch of low $$ undrafted RBs ) seems kind of high especially if McKinnon comes back..
Do you think they will keep 3 high priced RB's if they bump Mostert's $$$?
Seems like the Shanahans can get good RB mileage out of low cost players
Originally posted by Sourball:
Welcome back AB!
Do you think they will leave Tevin Colemans contract as is? Paying close to 5M for a rotational player (with a bunch of low $$ undrafted RBs ) seems kind of high especially if McKinnon comes back..
Do you think they will keep 3 high priced RB's if they bump Mostert's $$$?
Seems like the Shanahans can get good RB mileage out of low cost players

I think Coleman could either be cut or extended, it's hard to tell, Shanny loves him, he played 2 weeks removed from a dislocated shoulder, but he is high priced for a role player, and Wilson and a redone Jet could be good enough with Raheem. I doubt they cut him right away, they'll let him battle it out, same for the others.
Um....so what ERFA exactly are you including in your reduction to the cap number down to $10,581,902?
Instant cap savings for cutting: 1) McKinnon-$4,550,000 2) Colemen-$4,900,000; 3) Goodwin-$3,656,000 4) Sol. Thomas-$3,896,022(if traded)

Total: $17,002,022.

If we restructure Garapolo we get another ~$18,000,000 or so.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5,199
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I think Coleman could either be cut or extended, it's hard to tell, Shanny loves him, he played 2 weeks removed from a dislocated shoulder, but he is high priced for a role player, and Wilson and a redone Jet could be good enough with Raheem. I doubt they cut him right away, they'll let him battle it out, same for the others.


Welcome back AB!!!!

Glad you're back. This thread isn't the same without you. Matter of fact, this isn't even a thread without you.

Believe me when I say you have way WAYYYYYYYYYY more fans than haters. We got you.

Now let's talk some cap
Originally posted by HERN:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I think Coleman could either be cut or extended, it's hard to tell, Shanny loves him, he played 2 weeks removed from a dislocated shoulder, but he is high priced for a role player, and Wilson and a redone Jet could be good enough with Raheem. I doubt they cut him right away, they'll let him battle it out, same for the others.


Welcome back AB!!!!

Glad you're back. This thread isn't the same without you. Matter of fact, this isn't even a thread without you.

Believe me when I say you have way WAYYYYYYYYYY more fans than haters. We got you.

Now let's talk some cap

Thanks HERN, appreciate that, really do. I'm just gonna stay away from the PL, and ignore haters from now on.

Originally posted by bigwads:
Um....so what ERFA exactly are you including in your reduction to the cap number down to $10,581,902?

Mullens, Wison, and Dwelley at $660K each, Moseley and Brunskill at $585K each, and Lauderdale at $510K.
Originally posted by bigwads:
Instant cap savings for cutting: 1) McKinnon-$4,550,000 2) Colemen-$4,900,000; 3) Goodwin-$3,656,000 4) Sol. Thomas-$3,896,022(if traded)

Total: $17,002,022.

If we restructure Garapolo we get another ~$18,000,000 or so.

Technically with top 51 rule, take away $510K as someone will replace them on the top 51 list. Also Solly is actually closer to $4.3M in cash/$4M in cap ish.

Redoing Jimmy would save over $19M, Dee would save over $10M, and over $7M for Staley.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by bigwads:
Instant cap savings for cutting: 1) McKinnon-$4,550,000 2) Colemen-$4,900,000; 3) Goodwin-$3,656,000 4) Sol. Thomas-$3,896,022(if traded)

Total: $17,002,022.

If we restructure Garapolo we get another ~$18,000,000 or so.

Technically with top 51 rule, take away $510K as someone will replace them on the top 51 list. Also Solly is actually closer to $4.3M in cash/$4M in cap ish.

Redoing Jimmy would save over $19M, Dee would save over $10M, and over $7M for Staley.

I seriously doubt the team would ask Staley to restructure his deal, seeing how he already did a couple years back and realistically speaking next is very likely his last.
Originally posted by DarkShinobiX:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by bigwads:
Instant cap savings for cutting: 1) McKinnon-$4,550,000 2) Colemen-$4,900,000; 3) Goodwin-$3,656,000 4) Sol. Thomas-$3,896,022(if traded)

Total: $17,002,022.

If we restructure Garapolo we get another ~$18,000,000 or so.

Technically with top 51 rule, take away $510K as someone will replace them on the top 51 list. Also Solly is actually closer to $4.3M in cash/$4M in cap ish.

Redoing Jimmy would save over $19M, Dee would save over $10M, and over $7M for Staley.

I seriously doubt the team would ask Staley to restructure his deal, seeing how he already did a couple years back and realistically speaking next is very likely his last.

Technically they don't need to ask Staley, restructures are now automatic for teams, it cuts out negotiations and such. So if they want to restructure anyones deal, they can and will.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 48,887
AB, what cap number do you think we need to get to - to get everything accomplished?
Share 49erswebzone