LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 201 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, Cap Room=$6,197,214 as of 4/13/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Plus McKinnon's $2M proration from 2021 hasn't accelerated onto his 2020 cap number, as they voided the 2021 yr, saving $9.2M.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
After all the signings we are still at 19 million?

No, of the 1yr deals, only Blair is now in the NFLPA system, none of the others, we're more in the $15M range before the other 5 1yr deals are counted.

Why is the NFL reporting it at 19?

I believe Breer reported numbers that didn't include any of the 6 1yr deals, as none were in the NFLPA system at the time, only Blair's is in there, must be behind with everything going on in the world with getting the NFLPA database updated, still showing 2019 numbers for the cap report.

TY
Another thing the NFLPA database probably hasn't updated is Sherman's $1M SB Lynch and the 49ers gave him, so that's $3M off their reported number. Right now the NFLPA site doesn't have Blair in there, I checked, but they have 70 players for the 49ers, over $20M, but again the $2M for McKinnon I'm counting as I've been told too, and Sherm's $1M SB, so that's $17M there at before the 6 1yr deals.
Another thing the NFLPA database probably hasn't updated is Sherman's $1M SB Lynch and the 49ers gave him, so that's $3M off their reported number. Right now the NFLPA site doesn't have Blair in there, I checked, but they have 70 players for the 49ers, over $20M, but again the $2M for McKinnon I'm counting as I've been told too, and Sherm's $1M SB, so that's $17M there at before the 6 1yr deals.

Just checked, the NFLPA database doesn't even include Jimmie Ward's deal, so no way the 49ers have anywhere near $20M in cap room, still has Mike Person as a 49er, gonna be a while before we hear the remaining 5 1yr deals terms.
Just an FYI on some players whose salaries become GTD on April 1, Garoppolo($15.7M), Coleman($2M), Mostert($600K), Richburg($910K), Tomlinson($3M), Staley($10.55M), Ford($13.65M), Nzeocha($900K), Sherman($8M)
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Just an FYI on some players whose salaries become GTD on April 1, Garoppolo($15.7M), Coleman($2M), Mostert($600K), Richburg($910K), Tomlinson($3M), Staley($10.55M), Ford($13.65M), Nzeocha($900K), Sherman($8M)

AB, think anybody is getting restructured before the first?
[ Edited by mayo49 on Mar 26, 2020 at 11:23 PM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:

idk, but if they GTD Nzeocha $900K, then he's probably on the roster or almost a sure lock, which I don't get, he's not that great. If Coleman is still here on the 1st at 4PM EST then I think it's safe to say he'll be a 49er in 2020 unless they find a trade partner.

idk, but if they GTD Nzeocha $900K, then he's probably on the roster or almost a sure lock, which I don't get, he's not that great. If Coleman is still here on the 1st at 4PM EST then I think it's safe to say he'll be a 49er in 2020 unless they find a trade partner.

I think 1 of Coleman or Breida are traded.
Originally posted by jersey49er:

Yeah, if Jet is 100%, he's making the team, so one of those 2 are expendable, can't keep 5 backs plus Juice at FB. Wilson won't reach the PSquad after how well he played in 2019.

Yeah, if Jet is 100%, he's making the team, so one of those 2 are expendable, can't keep 5 backs plus Juice at FB. Wilson won't reach the PSquad after how well he played in 2019.

Yeah that kind of sucks but at least we have a plethora of bags. You know that's my favorite word. Do you think since we increase the roster size we might be able to keep an extra back? Probably not because we need to put those resources into an extra receiver or defensive lineman

I think niners grab a RB in the 7th rd too, Jamycal Hasty is my sleeper.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

No need to draft another RB - they're already maxed out there.

No need to draft another RB - they're already maxed out there.

It would have to be a practice squad running back we already have too many good ones
How much does trading Goodwin and Breida free up on the cap?
Originally posted by captveg:
How much does trading Goodwin and Breida free up on the cap?

And Staley retiring.
Share 49ersWebzone