LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, Cap Room=$6,197,214 as of 4/13/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Cooper and Aldrick must save us some cap that gets rolled into next year?
f**king Reed
Originally posted by kirkscrafford:
Cooper and Aldrick must save us some cap that gets rolled into next year?

If Cooper gets signed yes, Aldrick no, we saved his base salary, which wasn't GTD.

Attaochu we will get credit in 2019 for his $1M base that was GTD at signing, unless he files for termination pay, which means he keeps the $1M, and what he gets from the Jets, but players can only claim termination pay once in their careers.
Originally posted by lamontb:
f**king Reed

If you mean Eric Reid, I don't have an issue, if we wanted him on a multi year deal we should have done in the summer, not 3 weeks into the season, that's on us, we f**ked up.
Malcom Smith is an obvious cap casualty for next year, especially with the emergence of Fred Warner. How much do we save if we release him, AB?
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by lamontb:
f**king Reed

If you mean Eric Reid, I don't have an issue, if we wanted him on a multi year deal we should have done in the summer, not 3 weeks into the season, that's on us, we f**ked up.

This. Honestly, I don't see Tartt and Reid as being that far apart in terms of what they bring to the table. I really would've like to have seen Eric Reid brought in on a one year deal/5 million and let him compete with Tartt for the starting job. Granted the signed Tartt to an extension last Spring, but for a franchise that picked up 5th-year options on Jimmy Ward (I see some logic in this move even though I didn't then and still don't agree with it) and Arik Armstead (totally disagreed with this move). Of the 3, Eric Reid contributed the most to the team throughout his tenure and certainly last year. That money spent on Ward couldve have been better used on veteran corner. Possibly two at that price, who probably would've contributed the exact same as what Jimmy Ward does. Just little things like this that have me questioning the evaluation methods of our defensive staff.
Originally posted by adrenaline:
Malcom Smith is an obvious cap casualty for next year, especially with the emergence of Fred Warner. How much do we save if we release him, AB?

Absolutely. I am at least hoping he shows something this season so we can get a draft pick out of this OR he takes a pay cut. Based on his abilities, he would make a fair backup for both Warner and Foster. Considering how much free money he's gotten lol....
According to overthecap, we will gain 24 million in cap space due to dead money coming off the books. That said, how much total do we expect to go into free agency with?
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
According to overthecap, we will gain 24 million in cap space due to dead money coming off the books. That said, how much total do we expect to go into free agency with?

Right now the 49ers would have about $24M in cap room on a $180M cap, but we have $36M right now, so I have us actually at $64M right now, but we can save a good amount, Marsh saves $4.2M, Gilliam saves $5.05M, both are useless, and not part of this teams future. Then AA, who I now see as a waste, would save $9M if they cut him before the first day of the new league year. Malcolm Smith only $1.25M with pre June 1, but $4.05M with June 1 cut, but we wouldn't see that money until June 1st. Some others, Coyle, if he can't play, $1.425M, Watson $1.7M. So we could be at $100M or more come March.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Right now the 49ers would have about $24M in cap room on a $180M cap, but we have $36M right now, so I have us actually at $64M right now, but we can save a good amount, Marsh saves $4.2M, Gilliam saves $5.05M, both are useless, and not part of this teams future. Then AA, who I now see as a waste, would save $9M if they cut him before the first day of the new league year. Malcolm Smith only $1.25M with pre June 1, but $4.05M with June 1 cut, but we wouldn't see that money until June 1st. Some others, Coyle, if he can't play, $1.425M, Watson $1.7M. So we could be at $100M or more come March.

Thanks AB I hope we use this money wisely and even if we don't use it to get a great player or two. Get the best guard available and the best corner available. If there are any wide receiver is worth a damn great but I'm not sure if there's going to be one besides Golden Tate

Spend that money like we're at a strip club.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

No that's a great idea. Especially next year with Jimmy back all these close games are wins. Now imagine if we actually get players in free agency! And of course the draft. I still would like earl Thomas and a pass rusher. I'm not too sure what corners are available or guards
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

Lol
Earl Thomas should really be a focus for us.
My question, is tom savage getting paid during this non sense.

I remember under harbaugh, this crap with johnson and ventrone was fine with them, they both got paid.
Share 49ersWebzone