There are 173 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, Cap Room=$6,197,214 as of 4/13/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
AB can you map out how a Watson trade would work cap wise after next season, how it would allow us to extend our players or not. Then I'll copy and paste it into the Watson trade thread
[ Edited by jersey49er on Jan 19, 2021 at 2:03 PM ]
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
AB where is your website at?
If we have unrestricted free agents is it true we can resign them at any time or do we have to wait for free agency.

https://www.49erscap.com/

Yes the 49ers can sign any of their own Free Agents before free agency begins.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
AB can you map out how a Watson trade would work cap wise after next season, how it would allow us to extend our players or not. Then I'll copy and paste it into the Watson trade thread

Well, he'd have the following cap numbers for us.

2021- $10.54M
2022- $35M
2023- $37M
2024- $32M
2025- $32M

In 2022, I have us at $74M under a projected $227.5M cap, so that'd eat into the $74M, but we'd save $12,215,004 by cutting Dee, & $9.15M by cutting Richburg. $7.5M saved by cutting Ward.

Of course my numbers don't include any numbers for projected FA deals, like Trent, Juice, or extensions for Warner, maybe Laken, Mostert, Bosa, Deebo, Dre, etc.... Would be tight.

Sorry forgot to mention we'd save $25.6M by trading/cutting Jimmy.
[ Edited by AB81Rules on Jan 19, 2021 at 4:48 PM ]
Good thing the Niners didn't re-sign Sanders like some wanted. That would be $10 Million less they would have to work with.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Good thing the Niners didn't re-sign Sanders like some wanted. That would be $10 Million less they would have to work with.

And without a very capable and cheaper replacement in Brandon Aiyuk.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Agree, and younger too, with -- I think -- a higher upside than Sanders.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Agree, and younger too, with -- I think -- a higher upside than Sanders.

Yep, higher upside, much much cheaper, plus the Saints may have to cut Sanders due to being like $112M over a projected $176M cap according to OTC.
Bump, not sure why no threads are pinned anymore, anyway, if the cap is indeed $185M, then I have the 49ers at $23,756,419 in cap room.
So AB, looking at your website, we are still on the hook for Dee at $15 mil and Richburg for $7.5 mil. Did i read that right?

if so is that the hit if they were cut before/after June 1?

Somehow i thot their cap hits wouldn't be that bad this yr, but if so, then it looks like they stay where they are this yr and we have to hope we get a little bit of PT out of them. A lot of PT would be welcome, but something is better than nothing.

So we are stuck with their salaries once again, no?
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
So AB, looking at your website, we are still on the hook for Dee at $15 mil and Richburg for $7.5 mil. Did i read that right?

if so is that the hit if they were cut before/after June 1?

Somehow i thot their cap hits wouldn't be that bad this yr, but if so, then it looks like they stay where they are this yr and we have to hope we get a little bit of PT out of them. A lot of PT would be welcome, but something is better than nothing.

So we are stuck with their salaries once again, no?

They can cut them pre June 1 or post June 1, they'd save $10M pre June 1(really $8.9M when factoring in top 51), they save $23M post june 1(really $21M ish top 51 wise), if the team wants to keep any of their own FAs, they need to either cut them before June 1, like in March, or get them to take significant pay cuts, they could save $14.075M if Dee went down to $1.075M, and $6.775M if Richburg went down to the same $1.075M, now some will say why would they do that? Well, they may like or love the 49ers, and want to stay with the 49ers, it would give them an opportunity to prove they were worth the money, like a last ditch, like with Jet last year, he went down to league minimum, no incentives, but they could add in NLTBEs for both to gain back some of the money they gave up in the pay cut.

When do teams have to be under the salary cap by?
Here's a thread I started on Twitter.

[tweet
[tweet
[ Edited by AB81Rules on Feb 6, 2021 at 10:25 AM ]
AB you're the man!
Originally posted by btthepunk:
AB you're the man!

Thanks man, much appreciated, I wouldn't be where I am, or with the reputation if it wasn't for people like you believing in me, so I'm very thankful.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
AB you're the man!

Thanks man, much appreciated, I wouldn't be where I am, or with the reputation if it wasn't for people like you believing in me, so I'm very thankful.

Hey man, try using the overthecap tool to simulate the scenario.
https://overthecap.com/calculator/san-francisco-49ers/
Share 49ersWebzone