LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, Cap Room=$6,197,214 as of 4/13/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Oh, i was just thinking of one of the late temp signings that might think they could catch on with another team at the end of the year, not everyone on IR.
So with so many players hitting FA, how much money are we working with for next season?
Originally posted by Alfienator:
So with so many players hitting FA, how much money are we working with for next season?

That's my question as well. AB, where you at? Overthecap says we'd have around 20 million. We're going to lose a lot more players than we should unless we restructure Jimmy's deal, which I dont know if that's a good idea..
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

That's my question as well. AB, where you at? Overthecap says we'd have around 20 million. We're going to lose a lot more players than we should unless we restructure Jimmy's deal, which I dont know if that's a good idea..

Sorry been off and on lately, personal issues, if you follow me, or know my story you'll understand what they are, anyway, the 49ers have around $19.513M in cap room, according to my numbers, on a projected $175M cap, but that's with just 33 players signed, when you factor in players 34-51, they're down to max $7.633M, but if you factor in current potential carryover($2.47M), & credits I project($3.125M for incentives, $1,512,500 for per game RBs, & $384,500 for UDFA base salary guarantees), I have them at $15.125M right now. Now that's not enough to sign pretty much anyone.

The biggest names they need to worry about locking up are Juice, Trent, K'Waun, and Jones. Also Verrett, and Hyder. Mullens, Moseley will get tendered as RFAs, Brunskill as a ERFA, I'd expect them to try to retain Sherman, I prefer them to retain him, cut or trade Ward, put Sherm at FS, Moore as SS, let Tartt walk, plus Coleman, McKinnon, and others like Trent Taylor.

Cutting Garoppolo saves $23.911M, vs $18.42M if they redo his deal, which would signal that the 49ers made a mistake by signing him to that $27.5M a yr deal in 2018.

They'll need to decide on Richburg's 2021 option, if they decline it, they save $4.661M, also Nzeocha has his 2021 option they need to decide on, no GTD money, so they probably pick it up, let him compete, and then decide in camp.

Dee Ford needs to be addressed, I'd approach him and Richburg about taking pay cuts, as they'd save $11.26M redoing Ford, vs $6.023M by cutting him, while they'd save $5.42M redoing his deal, but I doubt they go that route now, compared to $4.661M savings, they only lose $758,945 in cap room if they cut him, no way he's back on his current deal, I'd try to get him to take a pay cut, if not, I'd roll with Brunskill at C, he's looked actually good in there. But that would mean a hole at RG.

If they can find someone to trade for Ward, they'd save $3.5M on top of the $1.47M they'd save if cut, vs $5.86M by redoing his deal. So they'd only lose $889,412 if they can trade him vs redoing his deal.

Currently, I have them redoing the 5 big contracts if the cap is the $175M, with them retaining the following.

Juice at $5.25M a yr
Trent at $16M a yr
K'Waun at $8M a yr
Sherm at $10M a yr
Jones at $5M a yr
Hyder at $3M a yr
Verrett at $4M a yr
Bourne at $2.5M a yr
Warner extended at $18M a yr
Mostert extended at $5M a yr

Moseley and Mullens would get the 2nd-round RFA tender, Brunskill the $850K ERFA tender. I'd also try and re-sign their other 4 RFAs to cheap 1yr deals(Jeff Wilson Jr., Ross Dwelley, Marcell Harris, & Taybor Pepper), I think the only one who may not take the $920K minimum might be Wilson, but I wouldn't tender any of them, except Wilson if need be. I only tender Wilson if he refuses to sign a 1yr $920K deal. If the cap is $175M, the tender would be around $2.914M for the 2nd-round level, if say $198.2M it'd be $3.259M, which is way way too much for Wilson. But, do they risk losing Wilson for nothing, or go the Breida route, tender him 2nd rd, trade for mid rounder, draft or sign an UDFA RB like Hasty. Personally I'd like to see them keep Mostert, Wilson & Hasty as their top 3 RBs, with Juice at FB.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Sorry been off and on lately, personal issues, if you follow me, or know my story you'll understand what they are, anyway, the 49ers have around $19.513M in cap room, according to my numbers, on a projected $175M cap, but that's with just 33 players signed, when you factor in players 34-51, they're down to max $7.633M, but if you factor in current potential carryover($2.47M), & credits I project($3.125M for incentives, $1,512,500 for per game RBs, & $384,500 for UDFA base salary guarantees), I have them at $15.125M right now. Now that's not enough to sign pretty much anyone.

The biggest names they need to worry about locking up are Juice, Trent, K'Waun, and Jones. Also Verrett, and Hyder. Mullens, Moseley will get tendered as RFAs, Brunskill as a ERFA, I'd expect them to try to retain Sherman, I prefer them to retain him, cut or trade Ward, put Sherm at FS, Moore as SS, let Tartt walk, plus Coleman, McKinnon, and others like Trent Taylor.

Cutting Garoppolo saves $23.911M, vs $18.42M if they redo his deal, which would signal that the 49ers made a mistake by signing him to that $27.5M a yr deal in 2018.

They'll need to decide on Richburg's 2021 option, if they decline it, they save $4.661M, also Nzeocha has his 2021 option they need to decide on, no GTD money, so they probably pick it up, let him compete, and then decide in camp.

Dee Ford needs to be addressed, I'd approach him and Richburg about taking pay cuts, as they'd save $11.26M redoing Ford, vs $6.023M by cutting him, while they'd save $5.42M redoing his deal, but I doubt they go that route now, compared to $4.661M savings, they only lose $758,945 in cap room if they cut him, no way he's back on his current deal, I'd try to get him to take a pay cut, if not, I'd roll with Brunskill at C, he's looked actually good in there. But that would mean a hole at RG.

If they can find someone to trade for Ward, they'd save $3.5M on top of the $1.47M they'd save if cut, vs $5.86M by redoing his deal. So they'd only lose $889,412 if they can trade him vs redoing his deal.

Currently, I have them redoing the 5 big contracts if the cap is the $175M, with them retaining the following.

Juice at $5.25M a yr
Trent at $16M a yr
K'Waun at $8M a yr
Sherm at $10M a yr
Jones at $5M a yr
Hyder at $3M a yr
Verrett at $4M a yr
Bourne at $2.5M a yr

Moseley and Mullens would get the 2nd-round RFA tender, Brunskill the $850K ERFA tender. I'd also try and re-sign their other 4 RFAs to cheap 1yr deals(Jeff Wilson Jr., Ross Dwelley, Marcell Harris, & Taybor Pepper), I think the only one who may not take the $920K minimum might be Wilson, but I wouldn't tender any of them, except Wilson if need be. I only tender Wilson if he refuses to sign a 1yr $920K deal. If the cap is $175M, the tender would be around $2.914M for the 2nd-round level, if say $198.2M it'd be $3.259M, which is way way too much for Wilson. But, do they risk losing Wilson for nothing, or go the Breida route, tender him 2nd rd, trade for mid rounder, draft or sign an UDFA RB like Hasty. Personally I'd like to see them keep Mostert, Wilson & Hasty as their top 3 RBs, with Juice at FB.

I agree at RB (I would love to bring in Gore as a #2/3) and pretty much everything else. I did some more cap research and I understand dead money a lot better now. Dead money does NOT necessarily mean a player is uncuttable or untradeable.

Basically, the rule of thumb is, if you can upgrade the position for less than the amount of savings the release/trade creates, it's a no-brainer deal. For example, if cutting Ford saved us 5 million, and we were able to find a replacement for less than that, we could do that and still ultimately not be on the hook for any more money than had we originally been expected to spend on the one player at that position.

Juice at $5.25M a yr
Trent at $16M a yr
K'Waun at $8M a yr
Sherm at $10M a yr
Jones at $5M a yr
Hyder at $3M a yr
Verrett at $4M a yr
Bourne at $2.5M a yr

I love all the players you had as resigned or extended. I agree on all.

Juice at $5.25M a yr
Trent at $16M a yr
K'Waun at $8M a yr
Sherm at $10M a yr
Jones at $5M a yr
Hyder at $3M a yr
Verrett at $4M a yr
Bourne at $2.5M a yr

They are slated for 20 and if they cut Ford/Richburg would put them at 30. If they decide to move on from Jimmy that puts them at about 55 which covers a lot of what you laid out above. But that doesn't factor in draft picks, nor would they be able to spend on outside FAs. Personally I think it's either Verrett or Sherman unfortunately and then they try and sign an ER in FA (Kerrigan?). And unfortunately this will all only be feasible if they move on from Jimmy's contract
Updated it again, 2021 Offseason Plan (49erscap.com)

Key moves.

Re-Signings:

QB Nick Mullens 1yr 2nd Rd RFA tender ($2.914M)
RB Jeff Wilson Jr. 1yr $920K
RB Austin Walter 1yr ERFA tender ($780K)
FB Kyle Juszyzck to a 5-year deal, worth $5.25M a year, $8M fully GTD, $2M injury GTD
WR Kendrick Bourne to 2-year deal, worth $2.5M a year, $2.95M fully GTD
WR River Cracraft 1yr ERFA tender ($850K)
TE Jordan Reed to a 1-year deal, worth $850K
TE Ross Dwelley 1yr $920K
C Ben Garland to a 1-year deal, worth $2M
C Hroniss Grasu 1yr $850K
C Tony Bergstrom 1yr $850K
RG Daniel Brunskill 1yr ERFA tender ($850K)
LT Trent Williams to a 5-year deal, worth $18M a year, $38.45M fully GTD, $3.5M injury GTD
DE Kerry Hyder Jr. to a 3-year deal, worth $3M a year, $3.1M fully GTD
DE Ronald Blair III to a 1-year deal, worth $2M
DE Jordan Willis 1yr $850K
NT D.J. Jones to a 5-year deal, worth $5M a year, $7.3M fully GTD, $2.7M injury GTD
MLB Joe Walker 1yr $850K
CB Richard Sherman to a 3-year deal, worth $10M a year, $11.85M fully GTD, $3.5M injury GTD
CB K'Waun Williams to a 5-year deal, worth $8M a year, $10.2M fully GTD, $2.45M injury GTD
CB Jason Verrett to a 3-year deal, worth $4M a year, $4.2M fully GTD
CB Emmanuel Moseley 1yr 2nd Rd RFA tender ($2.914M)
CB Jamar Taylor 1yr $850K
CB Ken Webster 1yr ERFA tender ($850K)
SS Johnathan Cyprien 1yr $850K
SS Marcell Harris 1yr $920K
SS Chris Edwards 1yr ERFA tender ($780K)
LS Taybor Pepper 1yr $920K

Reserve/Futures deals(Practice Squaders, all minimum salary deals).

FB Josh Hokit 2yr
WR Jauan Jennings 2yr
WR Kevin White 1yr
WR Shawn Poindexter 2yr
TE Chase Harrell 2yr
TE Daniel Helm 2yr
RG Dakoda Shepley 2yr
DE Alex Barrett 2yr
DT Willie Henry Jr. 1yr
NT Darrion Daniels 2yr
NT Josiah Coatney 2yr
SLB Jonas Griffith 2yr
CB Tim Harris Jr. 2yr
CB Parnell Motley 2yr
FS Jared Mayden 2yr
S Kai Nacua 1yr

Extensions:

RB Raheem Mostert 5-year deal, worth $5M a year, $9.675M fully GTD, $1.7M injury GTD
MLB Fred Warner to a 5-year deal, worth $18M a year, $28.457M fully GTD, $11.5M injury GTD.

Restructures/Pay Cuts:

QB Jimmy Garoppolo restructure saves $18.42M
C Weston Richburg pay cut saving $5M
DE Dee Ford pay cut saving $8M
DE Arik Armstead restructure saves $4.528M
FS Jimmie Ward restructure saves $5.86M

Some notes, this isn't a lot of signings, despite what some may say, Mullens & Moseley are RFA tenders, Brunskill, Webster, Cracraft, Walter & Edwards are ERFA tenders, Wilson, Harris, Dwelley, Pepper are Non-Tendered RFAs re-signed to minimum deals, Walker, Cyprien, Grasu, Bergstrom, Reed, Willis, & Taylor are 1yr vet minimum deals, the 16 reserve/futures deals are all practice squad players(this always happens every year), while the only deals that are multi year deals are Bourne, Juice, Hyder, Trent, K'Waun, Sherman, Verrett, Jones, Warner & Mostert, and the only other deals worth more than the minimum are Blair & Garland's.

The team only has 33 players signed for 2021, so yes the 77 players I have signed seems like ok, that's a lot to re-sign, the 44 players, but as I said, we have 16 reserve/futures deals, that leaves 28 players, then we have 2 RFA tenders, and 5 ERFA tenders, so that leaves 21 players, then we have 7 easy 1yr veteran minimum salary benefit deals, which just means they get paid their minimum salary based on accrued years, but only $850K counts, then 4 non-tendered RFAs re-signed to minimum deals, so 10 players, 8 of which are UFAs signed to new multi year deals, then 2 to 1yr deals. So very easy offseason plan, I refuse to predict the draft, I'm no longer into researching about prospects anymore, too much time.

Anyway, these moves, would leave the team with $14,466,542 in cap room, if the team is able to carryover as much as $3,325,227, plus get $3.125M in LTBE credits not earned by Sherman & Compton, plus as of now $1,640,625 in per game roster bonuses not earned, and $304,500 in UDFA base salary guarantees paid back, as players can't double dip.

Obviously of these re-signings, the Sherman one depends on how well he plays the remaining 6 games, I'm even open to cutting/trading Ward, moving Sherm to FS, and Moore at SS(I have him at SS anyway, with Tartt walking).

Some other things, I have them picking up McGlinchey's 5th yr option, mainly due to the fact that the team picked up both Ward & Armstead's 5th yr options, plus GTD Reid's 5th yr option in 2017, even though Thomas's wasn't picked up, McGlinchey has shown way more than Thomas has IMO, plus I'd expect the 49ers to either extend McGlinchey or release/trade him before the option becomes GTD.

Beyond 2021, in 2022 we have 6 players eligible for extensions, Deebo, Hurd, Skule, Bosa, Greenlaw & Wishnowsky. Deebo, Bosa, & Dre will get double digit numbers IMO. After 2022, in 2023 we have 4 eligible for extensions, Aiyuk, Woerner, McKivitz, & Kinlaw, if all goes well, Aiyuk & Kinlaw will get double digit numbers too. Also Bosa's 5th yr is due in May 2022, Aiyuk & Kinlaw in May 2023.

Another thing is the Hyder re-signing, I know it's low to some, but you have to realize, he's never had a double digit sack season, we're going into an offseason/season with a lowered salary cap, so teams will be cautious of giving out big money to 1yr wonders, or injured guys like Verrett. Not many teams have a lot of cap room right now for 2021 if the cap is only $175M, which is likely, unless the NFL gets a ton of revenue elsewhere, the cap won't hit anywhere near the $198.2M it is this year.

Also look at OTC, check the cap space page, it shows all teams cap room, look at the 2021 tab, look at the effective cap room, that's the real cap room the team has, as it's with 51 players signed. Not sure if he includes potential carryover.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Juice at $5.25M a yr
Trent at $16M a yr
K'Waun at $8M a yr
Sherm at $10M a yr
Jones at $5M a yr
Hyder at $3M a yr
Verrett at $4M a yr
Bourne at $2.5M a yr

They are slated for 20 and if they cut Ford/Richburg would put them at 30. If they decide to move on from Jimmy that puts them at about 55 which covers a lot of what you laid out above. But that doesn't factor in draft picks, nor would they be able to spend on outside FAs. Personally I think it's either Verrett or Sherman unfortunately and then they try and sign an ER in FA (Kerrigan?). And unfortunately this will all only be feasible if they move on from Jimmy's contract

They don't really have $20M, you have to factor in the fact that only 33 players are signed, i've outlined how they can keep their key players, 2021 Offseason Plan (49erscap.com), it doesn't have to decide between Verrett or Sherman, it's not all about APY, it's about the way the deals are structured, look at how I've structured them, this is the most likely outcome if they want to bring them back, most will have very low year 1 and 2 cap numbers. We won't sign any outside FAs, I doubt Kerrigan is a guy they'll be able to afford, I'd rather keep Hyder, he's younger, also don't buy into the whole he'll get paid, the cap will be at most $180M IMO, teams will be very cautious with their cap room with the cap not expected to jump for a few years, not much cap room to go around next year, look at OTC, they have all cap room with 51 players signed, the first number is deceiving, you need to look at effective cap room, that accounts for 51 signed.

Juice at $5.25M a yr
Trent at $16M a yr
K'Waun at $8M a yr
Sherm at $10M a yr
Jones at $5M a yr
Hyder at $3M a yr
Verrett at $4M a yr
Bourne at $2.5M a yr

They don't really have $20M, you have to factor in the fact that only 33 players are signed, i've outlined how they can keep their key players, 2021 Offseason Plan (49erscap.com), it doesn't have to decide between Verrett or Sherman, it's not all about APY, it's about the way the deals are structured, look at how I've structured them, this is the most likely outcome if they want to bring them back, most will have very low year 1 and 2 cap numbers. We won't sign any outside FAs, I doubt Kerrigan is a guy they'll be able to afford, I'd rather keep Hyder, he's younger, also don't buy into the whole he'll get paid, the cap will be at most $180M IMO, teams will be very cautious with their cap room with the cap not expected to jump for a few years, not much cap room to go around next year, look at OTC, they have all cap room with 51 players signed, the first number is deceiving, you need to look at effective cap room, that accounts for 51 signed.

They have 20 next year without the resigns
If they don't part ways with Jimmy's contract then I think it is between Sherman and Verrett. I just don't see them restructuring a bunch of deals ..imo
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Nov 29, 2020 at 4:07 PM ]

Juice at $5.25M a yr
Trent at $16M a yr
K'Waun at $8M a yr
Sherm at $10M a yr
Jones at $5M a yr
Hyder at $3M a yr
Verrett at $4M a yr
Bourne at $2.5M a yr

They have 20 next year without the resigns
If they don't part ways with Jimmy's contract then I think it is between Sherman and Verrett. I just don't see them restructuring a bunch of deals ..imo

The $20M number is deceiving, it doesn't take into account the rest of the top 51, and yes they will redo deals if they want to retain any of their FAs, the cap isn't going above $175M to $180M. I think Dee and Richburg take significant pay cuts, AA's deal was made to be redone in year 2, they have to decide whether to pick up that $7.5M option bonus, if they do, it prorates over 5yrs at $1.5M, if they don't, it increases his cap number in 2021 by $7.5M, either way, they'd save the same amount. As for Ward, I can see them cutting him if they feel Sherm is a better option at FS, if not, they keep him, they don't need to part with Jimmy to choose between Verrett or Sherman, I've shown how it's possible to keep, the 7 guys, I think they should focus on, Juice, Trent, K'Waun, Sherm, Jones, Verrett & Hyder, the rest of the projected signings aren't even major signings or hard signings, most are tenders or reserve/futures deals. They can't really trade Jimmy, he has a no trade clause apparently in 2021, and his deal is so team friendly, I don't see a better option, they're not picking high enough to get a QB, and I wouldn't mortgage the future for an unproven rookie QB, none of the QBs are a Mahomes level player IMO, I'm not that high on Lawrence as some are. I really do think Jimmy is the QB in 2021.
^ we shall see AB . Hope it works out and they can keep jimmy and retain a lot of these guys . Be a shame to waste a championship window
^ we shall see AB . Hope it works out and they can keep jimmy and retain a lot of these guys . Be a shame to waste a championship window

I hope so, I believe it's very doable, they have to decide on Dee and Weston, I'd only keep them at reduces rates, not redoes, but pay cuts, so no future dead money, I think both would be willing to to pay cuts, and keep their deals intact, while having incentives to gain back the money they gave up.

Key moves.

Re-Signings:

FB Kyle Juszyzck to a 5-year deal, worth $5.25M a year, $8M fully GTD, $2M injury GTD
LT Trent Williams to a 5-year deal, worth $18M a year, $38.45M fully GTD, $3.5M injury GTD
NT D.J. Jones to a 5-year deal, worth $5M a year, $7.3M fully GTD, $2.7M injury GTD
MLB Joe Walker 1yr $850K
CB Richard Sherman to a 3-year deal, worth $10M a year, $11.85M fully GTD, $3.5M injury GTD
CB K'Waun Williams to a 5-year deal, worth $8M a year, $10.2M fully GTD, $2.45M injury GTD

FB Josh Hokit 2yr
WR Jauan Jennings 2yr
WR Kevin White 1yr
WR Shawn Poindexter 2yr
TE Chase Harrell 2yr
TE Daniel Helm 2yr
RG Dakoda Shepley 2yr
DE Alex Barrett 2yr
DT Willie Henry Jr. 1yr
NT Darrion Daniels 2yr
NT Josiah Coatney 2yr
SLB Jonas Griffith 2yr
CB Tim Harris Jr. 2yr
CB Parnell Motley 2yr
FS Jared Mayden 2yr
S Kai Nacua 1yr

Extensions:

RB Raheem Mostert 5-year deal, worth $5M a year, $9.675M fully GTD, $1.7M injury GTD
MLB Fred Warner to a 5-year deal, worth $18M a year, $28.457M fully GTD, $11.5M injury GTD.

Restructures/Pay Cuts:

Some notes, this isn't a lot of signings, despite what some may say, Mullens & Moseley are RFA tenders, Brunskill, Webster, Cracraft, Walter & Edwards are ERFA tenders, Wilson, Harris, Dwelley, Pepper are Non-Tendered RFAs re-signed to minimum deals, Walker, Cyprien, Grasu, Bergstrom, Reed, Willis, & Taylor are 1yr vet minimum deals, the 16 reserve/futures deals are all practice squad players(this always happens every year), while the only deals that are multi year deals are Bourne, Juice, Hyder, Trent, K'Waun, Sherman, Verrett, Jones, Warner & Mostert, and the only other deals worth more than the minimum are Blair & Garland's.

The team only has 33 players signed for 2021, so yes the 77 players I have signed seems like ok, that's a lot to re-sign, the 44 players, but as I said, we have 16 reserve/futures deals, that leaves 28 players, then we have 2 RFA tenders, and 5 ERFA tenders, so that leaves 21 players, then we have 7 easy 1yr veteran minimum salary benefit deals, which just means they get paid their minimum salary based on accrued years, but only $850K counts, then 4 non-tendered RFAs re-signed to minimum deals, so 10 players, 8 of which are UFAs signed to new multi year deals, then 2 to 1yr deals. So very easy offseason plan, I refuse to predict the draft, I'm no longer into researching about prospects anymore, too much time.

Anyway, these moves, would leave the team with $14,466,542 in cap room, if the team is able to carryover as much as $3,325,227, plus get $3.125M in LTBE credits not earned by Sherman & Compton, plus as of now $1,640,625 in per game roster bonuses not earned, and $304,500 in UDFA base salary guarantees paid back, as players can't double dip.

Obviously of these re-signings, the Sherman one depends on how well he plays the remaining 6 games, I'm even open to cutting/trading Ward, moving Sherm to FS, and Moore at SS(I have him at SS anyway, with Tartt walking).

Some other things, I have them picking up McGlinchey's 5th yr option, mainly due to the fact that the team picked up both Ward & Armstead's 5th yr options, plus GTD Reid's 5th yr option in 2017, even though Thomas's wasn't picked up, McGlinchey has shown way more than Thomas has IMO, plus I'd expect the 49ers to either extend McGlinchey or release/trade him before the option becomes GTD.

Beyond 2021, in 2022 we have 6 players eligible for extensions, Deebo, Hurd, Skule, Bosa, Greenlaw & Wishnowsky. Deebo, Bosa, & Dre will get double digit numbers IMO. After 2022, in 2023 we have 4 eligible for extensions, Aiyuk, Woerner, McKivitz, & Kinlaw, if all goes well, Aiyuk & Kinlaw will get double digit numbers too. Also Bosa's 5th yr is due in May 2022, Aiyuk & Kinlaw in May 2023.

Another thing is the Hyder re-signing, I know it's low to some, but you have to realize, he's never had a double digit sack season, we're going into an offseason/season with a lowered salary cap, so teams will be cautious of giving out big money to 1yr wonders, or injured guys like Verrett. Not many teams have a lot of cap room right now for 2021 if the cap is only $175M, which is likely, unless the NFL gets a ton of revenue elsewhere, the cap won't hit anywhere near the $198.2M it is this year.

Also look at OTC, check the cap space page, it shows all teams cap room, look at the 2021 tab, look at the effective cap room, that's the real cap room the team has, as it's with 51 players signed. Not sure if he includes potential carryover.

Exactly the way I see the resignings going, 1 thing is that's the only way I'm resigning Bourne. If he accepts 3 million or less a year, I think he's a good number 4, I'd love to see the niners go out and sign a vet like Marvin Jones but my wish would be Hurd stayed healthy and became the number 3.
Originally posted by jersey49er:

Key moves.

Re-Signings:

MLB Joe Walker 1yr $850K

FB Josh Hokit 2yr
WR Jauan Jennings 2yr
WR Kevin White 1yr
WR Shawn Poindexter 2yr
TE Chase Harrell 2yr
TE Daniel Helm 2yr
RG Dakoda Shepley 2yr
DE Alex Barrett 2yr
DT Willie Henry Jr. 1yr
NT Darrion Daniels 2yr
NT Josiah Coatney 2yr
SLB Jonas Griffith 2yr
CB Tim Harris Jr. 2yr
CB Parnell Motley 2yr
FS Jared Mayden 2yr
S Kai Nacua 1yr

Extensions:

Restructures/Pay Cuts:

Exactly the way I see the resignings going, 1 thing is that's the only way I'm resigning Bourne. If he accepts 3 million or less a year, I think he's a good number 4, I'd love to see the niners go out and sign a vet like Marvin Jones but my wish would be Hurd stayed healthy and became the number 3.

Yeah, I'm not going higher than $2.5M a yr, $3M maybe, but that's a bit much for a 4th WR when we only really play 3 WRs each game, and yeah I wish Hurd didn't tear his ACL, but hoping he recovers, comes back, and we have a solid trio of Deebo-Aiyuk-Hurd at WR. Just need someone who can return kicks/punts better than Taylor or James, I literally cringe every time they are back there, Taylor almost muffed one(I think), or it looked like he might, he did get a decent return out of it, but I was like don't fumble please, we had issues against 2 weeks ago with this, James fumbled/muffed one, we lost it, the team scored, then Webster idiotically was near the ball when I think Taylor called for a fair catch, and it went off of him, again leading to points. Some bad breaks this year, not just injuries, but mainly injuries, honestly we should be 7-4, we never should have lost to Miami and Philly, playing Brian Allen in the Miami game was such a mistake by Shanny, he got burned the entire game, Philly idk WTF happened that game.
Share 49ersWebzone