LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, Cap Room=$6,197,214 as of 4/13/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
So.. the question I have is, once everyone's contract expires for whoever's going to be a FA in 2021. How much do we realistically have to spend to retain guys?

We're basically over the 2021 cap if it's only $175M, they'll need to restructure or cut players, only way to keep their own.

Originally posted by 9ers4u:
If a player goes on IR for the season, their salary cap figure should come off the books. That way they can be replaced and keep teams more competitive.

Not how it works in the NFL or any sports league, the player gets his salary.

Originally posted by elguapo:
Sorry to ask again but after the Ford restructure I thought we had about 9 million. What in the hell happened to that money

Idk what happened, the NFLPA report, which is usually accurate, has us over the cap before Tomlinson's redo, and other roster moves.
Originally posted by stefano89:
ya last i checked we had around 12mil in cap space. then we resructured lakens deal gaining even more money. does anyone know how 12$mil + dissapeared?

See above.
lmao, all of this cap room that they had, is all gone. All of these restructuring of contracts didn't get them anywhere.
ya last i checked we had around 12mil in cap space. then we resructured lakens deal gaining even more money. does anyone know how 12$mil + dissapeared?

Bro, no one knows. I don't blame the Saints and Chiefs for cheating the cap. This "cap" is rather complex.

Yesterday: 49ers had 10 million of cap space

Today: Welp, I lied lol.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Bro, no one knows. I don't blame the Saints and Chiefs for cheating the cap. This "cap" is rather complex.

Accounting software error

ya doesnt make sense. but it is complex.
I heard yesterday that we were #30 in cap space with about $3Mil. That was from Maiocco or Papa, I can't remember which. Whatever it is it can't be much.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I heard yesterday that we were #30 in cap space with about $3Mil. That was from Maiocco or Papa, I can't remember which. Whatever it is it can't be much.

I just don't get how we had almost 9 mil after restructuring Fords contract and then we restructured Tomlinson's contract for a little more at were already down to 3 million or even less? That makes no sense

I just don't get how we had almost 9 mil after restructuring Fords contract and then we restructured Tomlinson's contract for a little more at were already down to 3 million or even less? That makes no sense

Have to remember we've made a bunch of in season roster moves, $1.23M to Ansah, Per Game Roster Bonus Pay Backs, We ate $1.05M from cutting Kyle Nelson, plus had to pay the new LS his salary, PS elevations, signings, cuts, etc... so it adds up over time.
the salary cap is like cnn. Its fake news.
more like faux news

Originally posted by jrouter4949:
more like faux news

Lol they both suck.
So just looking to next year, Ford has a 20 million cap hit and 14 dead cap, while Kwon has a 16 million cap hit with 10 dead cap, cutting them would save 6 million each, is it worth it ? Another is could they be restructured again even tho they already were ?
Originally posted by jersey49er:
So just looking to next year, Ford has a 20 million cap hit and 14 dead cap, while Kwon has a 16 million cap hit with 10 dead cap, cutting them would save 6 million each, is it worth it ? Another is could they be restructured again even tho they already were ?

They'd be able to save $11.26M by redoing Dee's deal, and $9.18M by redoing Kwon's deal, so that's about $4M more for Dee and $3M more for Kwon if they were cut, I just don't see Kyle and John cutting them, doesn't make a ton of sense, when they have no one on the team to replace Dee, and also to replace Kwon, but also replace Dre at the SAM LB spot, Nzeocha, Al-Shaair, etc... aren't as good as Kwon and Dre. By 2023, Kwon won't be around unless he either 1. has a great couple seasons, or 2. takes a giant paycut, same for Dee.

I pray that the 2021 cap is $198.2M, cause in my latest projection, I only have us restructuring Jimmy and Dee's deals, we only would have a little over $4M in cap room to sign our picks, but it's doable, since only the 1st and 2nd rd picks would count in the offseason.

They could choose to move on from Ward if the cap is $198.2M, and save a little over $3M pre June 1, a bit more Post June 1.

I don't expect any real post june 1 cuts, since that money 1. isn't ours until June 2nd, which is way past free agency, and 2. their salaries stay on the books until June 2nd. Same goes for Richburg, it'll really depend on how well he can play if he comes back, cause they don't save much more than $3M by not picking up his 2021 option.

And for those saying the cap is FAKE, it's NOT. You can just manipulate it. No cheating the cap like in 1994 when the 49ers did it with under the table deals for Steve Young.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Have to remember we've made a bunch of in season roster moves, $1.23M to Ansah, Per Game Roster Bonus Pay Backs, We ate $1.05M from cutting Kyle Nelson, plus had to pay the new LS his salary, PS elevations, signings, cuts, etc... so it adds up over time.

I get that but about $9 million worth of roster moves? There should be a rule implemented that if you have players on injured reserve like we have (55 million) that we should be able to take a percentage of that and be able to sign new players because it's at detriment to the teams that are injured.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by jersey49er:

They'd be able to save $11.26M by redoing Dee's deal, and $9.18M by redoing Kwon's deal, so that's about $4M more for Dee and $3M more for Kwon if they were cut, I just don't see Kyle and John cutting them, doesn't make a ton of sense, when they have no one on the team to replace Dee, and also to replace Kwon, but also replace Dre at the SAM LB spot, Nzeocha, Al-Shaair, etc... aren't as good as Kwon and Dre. By 2023, Kwon won't be around unless he either 1. has a great couple seasons, or 2. takes a giant paycut, same for Dee.

I pray that the 2021 cap is $198.2M, cause in my latest projection, I only have us restructuring Jimmy and Dee's deals, we only would have a little over $4M in cap room to sign our picks, but it's doable, since only the 1st and 2nd rd picks would count in the offseason.

They could choose to move on from Ward if the cap is $198.2M, and save a little over $3M pre June 1, a bit more Post June 1.

I don't expect any real post june 1 cuts, since that money 1. isn't ours until June 2nd, which is way past free agency, and 2. their salaries stay on the books until June 2nd. Same goes for Richburg, it'll really depend on how well he can play if he comes back, cause they don't save much more than $3M by not picking up his 2021 option.

And for those saying the cap is FAKE, it's NOT. You can just manipulate it. No cheating the cap like in 1994 when the 49ers did it with under the table deals for Steve Young.

Thanks AB, 1 more thing and about this year, didn't the niners turn Trent Williams salary into some sort of roster bonus or whatever to pay him basically upfront, I thought his cap hit was lowered doing so..?
Share 49ersWebzone