LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, Cap Room=$6,197,214 as of 4/13/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Even after the Garoppolo extension and Sherman signing, the #49ers still have around $57M in cap space. More than enough to go after a top WR and then some.

*rubbing hands together*
Even after the Garoppolo extension and Sherman signing, the #49ers still have around $57M in cap space. More than enough to go after a top WR and then some.

Where did you read the $57m thing

I'd like to see Malcolm Butler too and maybe a veteran OL add. Not sure Robinson is worth what it'll take to get him as opposed to going after a top WR with our first or second pick .....
Originally posted by Kezarbred:

I'd like to see Malcolm Butler too and maybe a veteran OL add. Not sure Robinson is worth what it'll take to get him as opposed to going after a top WR with our first or second pick .....

Butler and Rob signed elsewhere already
Daniel Kilgore, re-signed on February 14th, accounted for $5.3 million in 2018 salary cap. His trade to the #Dolphins brings the #49ers up to $53.5 million in cap space, per Over the Cap.
Daniel Kilgore, re-signed on February 14th, accounted for $5.3 million in 2018 salary cap. His trade to the #Dolphins brings the #49ers up to $53.5 million in cap space, per Over the Cap.

Who tweeted that? Also OTC doesn't have Brock Coyle's terms in yet, or Goodwin's extension numbers.

I have everything accounted for, we're at $48,594,954
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Who tweeted that? Also OTC doesn't have Brock Coyle's terms in yet, or Goodwin's extension numbers.

that includes sherman, mckinnon And richburg?

wow! we can have no problem signing Pryor, Pugh/Puncey, P.Brown/Z.Brown
  • jcs
  • Veteran
"On Thursday, moments after general manager John Lynch said the 49ers still had about $33 million they could spend in free agency, he indicated most of that money would remain in the team's coffers.

"We're not all the way done yet, perhaps," Lynch said, looking to the rest of free agency. "We'll use that wisely. We got the guys that we targeted that would help us best become a better football team."

Translation: Despite still swimming in salary-cap space, the 49ers are largely standing pat after making center Weston Richburg and running back Jerick McKinnon their only significant free-agent signings.

Underwhelmed? Then it's probably best to explain that there is a method to the 49ers' apparent cheapness. Lynch said that $33 million, which doesn't include money needed to sign the incoming draft class, will be spent, eventually. Much of it will be used on players already on the roster."
https://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/49ers-have-ample-salary-cap-space-but-more-big-12761567.php

Originally posted by jcs:
"On Thursday, moments after general manager John Lynch said the 49ers still had about $33 million they could spend in free agency, he indicated most of that money would remain in the team's coffers.

"We're not all the way done yet, perhaps," Lynch said, looking to the rest of free agency. "We'll use that wisely. We got the guys that we targeted that would help us best become a better football team."

Translation: Despite still swimming in salary-cap space, the 49ers are largely standing pat after making center Weston Richburg and running back Jerick McKinnon their only significant free-agent signings.

Underwhelmed? Then it's probably best to explain that there is a method to the 49ers' apparent cheapness. Lynch said that $33 million, which doesn't include money needed to sign the incoming draft class, will be spent, eventually. Much of it will be used on players already on the roster."
https://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/49ers-have-ample-salary-cap-space-but-more-big-12761567.php

Smart to save the money for guys like Brown Tartt and Buckner but that seems low, I have us at $47M depending on our adjusted cap, or he may mean with all players signed which would add up to around. $33M

they need to think about the future. Guys like brown, buckner, tartt, will need extensions.

AB81Rules,
I found this information at NFLPA.com …
how much in-line are their calculations, with yours ?
They state "Numbers will be updated as player contracts are processed"
Top 51 League Cap Report, This Report is generated daily …

Public Salary Cap Report

San Francisco 49ers:
Previous Year Carryover
$56,048,430

Team Cap
$192,644,514

Cap Room
$45,123,954
[ Edited by FlayvaMeister on Mar 18, 2018 at 7:03 AM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
they need to think about the future. Guys like brown, buckner, tartt, will need extensions.
Buckner is the only one of the three guaranteed to get an extension but seeing how things are run it won't be until after he plays out his 5th year option.
Who should they be signing big money on from what's left out there?
I have us at $43,185,516 in cap space right now after Cooper's deal.
Share 49ersWebzone