There are 304 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, Cap Room=$6,197,214 as of 4/13/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jersey49er:
https://49erscap.com/index.php/2019/10/14/taking-a-look-at-the-49ers-salary-cap-situation-for-2020-and-beyond/

AB, so according to this, the niners would have 3 million in cap after signing their own players and before any cuts or trades ? Assuming McKinnon, Mostert, Nzoecha, Goodwin are cut and Solly and Pettis are traded they'd have over 22 million to sign rookies and free agents ? Just wondering how much the niners would have to play with in free agency..

That's my site, here's an updated article, I need to update it again, but here's the latest, https://49erscap.com/index.php/2019/10/23/revisiting-the-49ers-2020-beyond-salary-cap-situation-post-emmanuel-sanders-trade/

If we were to cut the following we'd save

Goodwin- $3.875M
McKinnon- $4.55M
Mostert- $2,541,666
Nzeocha- $1.5M

Trading these save.

Pettis- $378,132
Solly- $4,304,235
While solly isn't amazing I think we should hold him at 4 mil and see if improves further if not we have a solid backup
Why would we cut Mostert to only save 2.5 million? Mostert is a stud Gunner, and a decent back up RB. He is worth what he's getting. I am down for trading Goodwin, to free up some money to hopefully bring Sanders back.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by jersey49er:
https://49erscap.com/index.php/2019/10/14/taking-a-look-at-the-49ers-salary-cap-situation-for-2020-and-beyond/

AB, so according to this, the niners would have 3 million in cap after signing their own players and before any cuts or trades ? Assuming McKinnon, Mostert, Nzoecha, Goodwin are cut and Solly and Pettis are traded they'd have over 22 million to sign rookies and free agents ? Just wondering how much the niners would have to play with in free agency..

That's my site, here's an updated article, I need to update it again, but here's the latest, https://49erscap.com/index.php/2019/10/23/revisiting-the-49ers-2020-beyond-salary-cap-situation-post-emmanuel-sanders-trade/

If we were to cut the following we'd save

Goodwin- $3.875M
McKinnon- $4.55M
Mostert- $2,541,666
Nzeocha- $1.5M

Trading these save.

Pettis- $378,132
Solly- $4,304,235

Thanks, so Pettis makes no sense to trade and Solly maybe but if no deal is made with AA, I'm sure they keep him..
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
Why would we cut Mostert to only save 2.5 million? Mostert is a stud Gunner, and a decent back up RB. He is worth what he's getting. I am down for trading Goodwin, to free up some money to hopefully bring Sanders back.

This. I hope we establish another deep threat. If we do, then we should trade Goodwin. I'd only move Thomas for a day 2 pick and that isnt happening.
How much of our cap are we having to use to sign players to cover injuries? Can that affect our ability to resign players this offseason?
Originally posted by 49ersrule:
How much of our cap are we having to use to sign players to cover injuries? Can that affect our ability to resign players this offseason?

I don't know the exact amount, but it's not that much. No it shouldn't, we need to restructure some contracts to retain guys like AA, Sanders, Blair, Ward, and extend the likes of Witherspoon and Kittle. We can extend guys like Williams, Tartt, Sherman, Juice, DeFo without using cap room, by just lowering their base salaries and turning that into the bonus structure.
Personally I don't see us bringing back AA, unless he signs for a team friendly deal, which he might not do. If AA continues to have a ALL Pro type season, then it might be smart for us to do to him like the Chiefs did with Ford, and franchise him, with the idea to trade him. Wonder if we could get a 2nd or 3rd for AA? A team that values him, would trade that, assuming like we did with Ford, that a contract would be worked out prior to the deal being completed.

Solomon can slide inside next to Buckner, I am down with bringing Blair+Ward back, but only if it's on short deals with only the 1st year guaranteed. As far as your extension guys, Kittle is a no brainer, but the others (Williams, Tartt, Sherman, Juice) I would tread lightly, Sherman is getting up there, so maybe a 2 year extension? Juice is expensive, and I would look to get him at a discounted price, or just let him play out his deal, same with Tartt. Williams might be a bench guy soon, once Witherspoon is back next to Sherman, Moseley might become our new nickel CB. Then there is DeFo, I love him, but if he won't sign a realistic deal, then I might let him play his 5th season out, and then start the franchise tag game with him. Defo is a stud, but he's gonna want to get paid like he's the guy putting up 13+ sacks a season, when he's not anymore.
Personally I don't see us bringing back AA, unless he signs for a team friendly deal, which he might not do. If AA continues to have a ALL Pro type season, then it might be smart for us to do to him like the Chiefs did with Ford, and franchise him, with the idea to trade him. Wonder if we could get a 2nd or 3rd for AA? A team that values him, would trade that, assuming like we did with Ford, that a contract would be worked out prior to the deal being completed.

Solomon can slide inside next to Buckner, I am down with bringing Blair+Ward back, but only if it's on short deals with only the 1st year guaranteed. As far as your extension guys, Kittle is a no brainer, but the others (Williams, Tartt, Sherman, Juice) I would tread lightly, Sherman is getting up there, so maybe a 2 year extension? Juice is expensive, and I would look to get him at a discounted price, or just let him play out his deal, same with Tartt. Williams might be a bench guy soon, once Witherspoon is back next to Sherman, Moseley might become our new nickel CB. Then there is DeFo, I love him, but if he won't sign a realistic deal, then I might let him play his 5th season out, and then start the franchise tag game with him. Defo is a stud, but he's gonna want to get paid like he's the guy putting up 13+ sacks a season, when he's not anymore.

Great idea with AA, a 2nd for him is not crazy, he's still young and has been a beast this year and I think he continues to be, which is shocking I'm saying so compared to what I thought, but Defo is a definite need to be signed, no games with him, he deserves it..
[ Edited by jersey49er on Nov 16, 2019 at 9:59 PM ]
I saw on Ninersnation that you are budgeting $20 million for Buckner. Where is this figure coming from. Top five salary cap hit numbers right now for DT's are:
1. Donald $17.1
2. Atkins $14.6
3. B. Williams $14.1
4. J. Casey $12.7
5. F. Cox $11.9

I love Buckner, but he isn't as good as those above. Buckner is a ~$14 million a year guy tops.

We to get more from AA then just a 3rd round comp, so AA has to be signed. Then we can either trade him for a WR, draft picks whatever. If the expectation is to trade him that is fine. I don't think we can keep AA and Buckner solely due to money.

ST can spell DT just fine, and I bet with us finally settling on ST position, he can now gain some proper weight and he may be way better next year.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bigwads:
I saw on Ninersnation that you are budgeting $20 million for Buckner. Where is this figure coming from. Top five salary cap hit numbers right now for DT's are:
1. Donald $17.1
2. Atkins $14.6
3. B. Williams $14.1
4. J. Casey $12.7
5. F. Cox $11.9

I love Buckner, but he isn't as good as those above. Buckner is a ~$14 million a year guy tops.

Casey and Williams aren't as agile and flexible as Buckner. I think he'd get Atkins money + 5% inflation (YoY cap growth). So call it $15M/yr.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
What's the cap figure if AA is signed? He'd probably get the avg across both DE and DTs, which may erode any available cap space. I don't think Shanahan and Lynch would franchise a player with the expectation to trade them. I feel like that goes against the ethos of the organization.
Originally posted by bigwads:
1. Donald $17.1
2. Atkins $14.6
3. B. Williams $14.1
4. J. Casey $12.7
5. F. Cox $11.9

APY or Average Per Year is what I'm basing it off of, I have him as the 2nd best Interior DL, which would be at $20M a yr.

I don't go off of cap hits.
At the current pace, Richard Sherman should hit all of his $4M incentives, $1M for Pro Bowl, $1M for 90% Play Time, and $2M for All Pro.
Share 49ersWebzone