There are 147 users in the forums

Panthers claimed CB/KR D'Shawn Jamison (UDFA signing)

Shop 49ers game tickets
HEIGHT/WEIGHT/SPEED
5-9 184 4.51

OTHER WORKOUT NUMBERS:
6.74 three-cone time
33-inch vertical
13 reps on the bench

2022 Stats:
2 INT (1 returned for TD), 2 TFL, 1 sack, 1 kick blocked, 7 PBUs

Does have kick return XP but did not return kicks last year for some reason. Between 2019-2021, he combined for 3 kick and punt return touchdowns.

While his size might suggest slot, he looks and plays a lot bigger than you'd think. I think he has inside/outside versatility. Like many guys, needs to work on getting his head around with the ball in the air, but overall seems to have a lot of really nice qualities and developmental potential. The flaws seem super coachable and well-worth the investment as an UDFA that has a good chance to make the PS, IMO.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on May 2, 2023 at 9:20 PM ]
I like what I see
What a pity that we don't have a minor league team to assign some of these guys to.
Originally posted by English:
What a pity that we don't have a minor league team to assign some of these guys to.

Practice Squad?
Kid does have potential, I like it!
Damn he's quick and plays the ball pretty well. Good returner. Seems like he could be a special teams ace. Remember Terrell Brown from Texas during the Harbaugh years? Not bad at all
  • 91til
  • Veteran

someone explain to me again why the nfl doesn't have this? I read an explanation in some other thread some time ago that made sense. but it seems like it would benefit everyone if the NFL had basically what the G-League is to the NBA
That last INT was insane. Does he have 35" arms? LOL

Our PS will be incredible as always.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
THE SHARK ATTACK !!!
This signing made me think of LeRoy Vann lol

Dude has go juice on returns

Idk I wouldn't want them getting hurt
Love to hear this. Apparently he's been looking really good. We need all the quality talent we can get in the secondary.

It hasn't been uncommon for undrafted free agents to make an impact during the Kyle Shanahan era ... 24-year-old cornerback D'Shawn Jamison out of the University of Texas could be the next player to join that list.

Jamison turned some heads in the spring and is continuing to do so in training camp. Aiyuk dropped a mention of Jamison on Sunday when speaking about the defensive backs.

"He's out there balling, he's out there working, not afraid," Aiyuk said. "He can get it."

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/170252-notebook-brandon-improvement-samuel-friendship-jackson-undrafted-rookie/
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jul 30, 2023 at 3:59 PM ]
CB roster bubble got a lot more interesting. If this guys keeps up it will be tough to cut him.
Seems to be generating even more buzz/attention than just from Aiyuk -- Sounds like he took to the coaching super well and then started to ball out.

https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2023/08/01/49ers-roster-dshawn-jamison-jersey-number-john-lynch/?utm_source=49ersWebZone&utm_medium=dt&utm_campaign=affref

Here's what Lynch on Monday in his press conference said about what he's seen from Jamison:

"Jamison, he showed up. He showed up in a big way. And so much that he's earned some opportunities. He's been primarily outside. We think he has some flex inside at the nickel. He's going to start to see more of those opportunities. And (VP of Football Communications) Corry (Rush) was telling me before, even (WR) Brandon Aiyuk was singing his praises. And that's because it wasn't just a flash in the pan where you've seen it a couple days. It was really, there were some struggles early on, as often is the case. And I think it was about the last three practices of OTAs, he started to make some plays, started to show up, and he carried it over into training camp."

Wondering if they will give him any reps as a returner. I'd really love to feel good about our depth there too. I really liked this kid's versatility. Ambry came out of college supposedly a strong returner and high upside CB but apparently just hasn't gotten any better. Unless he can turn it around fast, Thomas might only be a PS candidate. Jamison sounds like he's coming for that last DB spot.

Shoot, you look at this clip and he should've had a lot more picks than he did.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Aug 1, 2023 at 9:03 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone