LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

Ronnie Bell-WR-Michigan, 7th Round

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by CraigHR:
Ronnie Bell was better than Antonio Brown or equal in every combine measurement. Of course, not saying he will be as good as Antonio Brown. Only that his measurables will not be the reason he doesn't make it.

40YrdDash:
4.54 Bell
4.56 Brown

Bench Press:
14 Bell
13 Brown

Broad Jump:
120 Bell
105 Brown

Shuttle:
4.15 Bell
4.18 Brown

3Cone:
6.98 Bell
6.98 Brown

Vertical:
38.5 Bell
33.5 Brown

Yes but can he rap better?
Originally posted by NCommand:
Ronnie Bell was better than Antonio Brown or equal in every combine measurement. Of course, not saying he will be as good as Antonio Brown. Only that his measurables will not be the reason he doesn't make it.

40YrdDash:
4.54 Bell
4.56 Brown

Bench Press:
14 Bell
13 Brown

Broad Jump:
120 Bell
105 Brown

Shuttle:
4.15 Bell
4.18 Brown

3Cone:
6.98 Bell
6.98 Brown

Vertical:
38.5 Bell
33.5 Brown

Do you know, JoanAccounting?

I'm surprised AB ran that time, on the field dude looks low 4.4 high 4.3
Originally posted by Waterbear:

40YrdDash:
4.54 Bell
4.56 Brown

Bench Press:
14 Bell
13 Brown

Broad Jump:
120 Bell
105 Brown

Shuttle:
4.15 Bell
4.18 Brown

3Cone:
6.98 Bell
6.98 Brown

Vertical:
38.5 Bell
33.5 Brown

Can he crazy better?

No

No

Your not the Craig from our HR department are you?
Originally posted by Waterbear:

40YrdDash:
4.54 Bell
4.56 Brown

Bench Press:
14 Bell
13 Brown

Broad Jump:
120 Bell
105 Brown

Shuttle:
4.15 Bell
4.18 Brown

3Cone:
6.98 Bell
6.98 Brown

Vertical:
38.5 Bell
33.5 Brown

Interesting, he's more athletic and quick than I thought.

i was watching some of his film and think he might be a gem. Initially I didn't understand the pick but I really like him. Especially his shuttle.

also, harbaugh system isn't great for QBs but you know they're tough. I like that in a WR. Those guys with dogfight in them.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
I'm surprised AB ran that time, on the field dude looks low 4.4 high 4.3

Honestly a lot of these drills are kinda useless towards how they actually play on the field. You have to factor in pads, instincts, reaction times etc.

huff has an okay 40 but the GPS in his shoulder pads said he was constantly one of the fastest guys on the field - he ran 21 MPH on one of his interceptions.

same with Brown (safety we drafted this year). Solid 40 times but his GPS in his pads said he was always one of, if not the, fastest guy on defense.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

No. My middle initial and last initial.
[ Edited by CraigHR on May 25, 2023 at 3:06 PM ]
Originally posted by tankle104:

i was watching some of his film and think he might be a gem. Initially I didn't understand the pick but I really like him. Especially his shuttle.

also, harbaugh system isn't great for QBs but you know they're tough. I like that in a WR. Those guys with dogfight in them.

I have notice that almost all the receivers the Niners draft have very good shuttle times. I think they really value shuttle times. Something to keep an eye on each draft year.

I have notice that almost all the receivers the Niners draft have very good shuttle times. I think they really value shuttle times. Something to keep an eye on each draft year.

Yeah, I've noticed that too. It seems they put a lot more value in that than overall 40 speed. Which realistically, that's where most of the game is played anyways. You're not typically sprinting 40 yards to tackle someone. So it's more important to see your short area quickness, instincts, and burst, IMO.

I hope he eventually becomes another WR1 material player for us. All these weapons will inspire Shanahan more to be crazy creative. Defenses will be scared to play against us.

Yeah, I've noticed that too. It seems they put a lot more value in that than overall 40 speed. Which realistically, that's where most of the game is played anyways. You're not typically sprinting 40 yards to tackle someone. So it's more important to see your short area quickness, instincts, and burst, IMO.

Agree

That's what stood out to me with AB, great quickness/burst.

Don't really see that with Bell, at least not at ABs level.
[ Edited by GoreGoreGore on May 25, 2023 at 7:25 PM ]
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Agree

That's what stood out to me with AB, great quickness/burst.

Don't really see that with Bell, at least not at ABs level.

AB was a 6th round pick! Never know. Haha

but yeah, I don't see it either. At least not yet. I like what I see from him though. I think he could contribute more than Danny Gray has. We have a competitive WR room. I just
Hope that if he doesn't make the final roster, we can stash him on the practice squad. i think he has a lot more potential than I originally recognized
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

No. My middle initial and last initial.

Haha. "Joan from Accounting" is a special joke from the Jim Tomsula days. I had to ask.
Has anyone nicknamed this dude "Poison" yet? If not, it's now done.
Share 49ersWebzone