LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

Robert Beal Jr-Edge-5th Round, 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
5th rd gem

5th round? All pro Beal!
Haven't heard much about Beal from rookie camp, to OTAs, and now training camp. Anyone know how is he doing?
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Haven't heard much about Beal from rookie camp, to OTAs, and now training camp. Anyone know how is he doing?

He's hurt and not practicing at the moment. His injury and Darrel Johnson going on IR led to Taco Charlton and Darlin Hayes signings.
Almost forgot about Beal - hopefully we see him out there tonight? Not sure where he is with his injury.
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

He's hurt and not practicing at the moment. His injury and Darrel Johnson going on IR led to Taco Charlton and Darlin Hayes signings.

Ah. Thanks for the update.
One of the rookies I was really looking forward to seeing in the preseason. Was hoping to see what he could do getting after the QB. Heard he was injured earlier in camp but haven't heard much about him lately. Maybe he starts the season on IR.
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
One of the rookies I was really looking forward to seeing in the preseason. Was hoping to see what he could do getting after the QB. Heard he was injured earlier in camp but haven't heard much about him lately. Maybe he starts the season on IR.

You might be right, but I find it odd the team hasn't come out and said his injury. It's almost as if they were hiding him from the media. He could end up on IR or be this year's secret weapon 🤷‍♂️.

You might be right, but I find it odd the team hasn't come out and said his injury. It's almost as if they were hiding him from the media. He could end up on IR or be this year's secret weapon 🤷‍♂️.

Same thing with Taco. No clue what happened to him.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Except Taco is done for the year and lots of beat reporters acknowledged he was doing good in camp. I remember only reading one camp report on Beal (beating Trent 😳) and Hyder was asked who he thought was showing out on the D-line and he mentioned Beal.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Except Taco is done for the year and lots of beat reporters acknowledged he was doing good in camp. I remember only reading one camp report on Beal (beating Trent 😳) and Hyder was asked who he thought was showing out on the D-line and he mentioned Beal.

Beal will likely get IR'd IMO, idk if season-ending, or short term IR, but we won't release him IMO.

Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Beal will likely get IR'd IMO, idk if season-ending, or short term IR, but we won't release him IMO.

You might be right, but I've seen this team try to hide players from the media and pre season lights in years past. He might be legitimately injured but I have my doubts.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Yay, he made the team. Lets see if he's a diamond in the rough like Kittle was!
Hope he's ready b/c as of right now he's the teams 2nd best edge rusher.
Originally posted by lamontb:

How do you know he is the 2nd best rusher when he hasnt even taken a snap?
Originally posted by miked1978:
Originally posted by lamontb:

How do you know he is the 2nd best rusher when he hasnt even taken a snap?

B/c Drake is currently the only other edge rusher on the roster. So by default a guy who hasn't played is currently our 2nd best edge rusher.
[ Edited by lamontb on Aug 30, 2023 at 9:42 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone