LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 352 users in the forums

What is the minimum that you would accept to trade Trey Lance?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What is the minimum that you would accept to trade Trey Lance?

2nd rounder.
Josh Rosen and Sam Darnold both got traded for a 2nd and change.

I don't care what anyone says. A 3rd or less is a massive insult. Needs to be at least something more valuable than one single 2nd round pick.
When team find out all their dreams haven't come true after day 1, what's the difference between what's left and Trey?
Originally posted by thl408:
open bag of stale Fritos

That's awesome. My twin Boston Terriers actually smell like stale Fritos!
More precisely, warm vacuum cleaner bags full of stale Fritos.
So that's the trade: 2 Boston Terriers for Trey Lance.
Two 2nd like what they wanted for Jimmy. If we get anything lower, might as well bring back Nolan.
Until I see him given a chance I wouldn't trade him.
Originally posted by English:

If Kyle felt like he just needs a chance and he will flourish then it wouldn't be like this. He would be very eager to get him that chance. It wouldn't be a "big challenge".

It's like if my son needed to pass a multiplication test to get to 2nd grade, but he's never even given the chance to take the test. I'd be over there going crazy, "Just Give Him A Chance!!!!!"

Meanwhile in class he can't even add 2 + 2 together. I think that's where Trey is at. He's so far off there isn't a point in giving him that chance after what Brock did.
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:

If Kyle felt like he just needs a chance and he will flourish then it wouldn't be like this. He would be very eager to get him that chance. It wouldn't be a "big challenge".

It's like if my son needed to pass a multiplication test to get to 2nd grade, but he's never even given the chance to take the test. I'd be over there going crazy, "Just Give Him A Chance!!!!!"

Meanwhile in class he can't even add 2 + 2 together. I think that's where Trey is at. He's so far off there isn't a point in giving him that chance after what Brock did.

I don't follow your first paragraph. I don't recall seeing any evidence that Shanahan is not eager to give him a chance. If that was so I think we would have been pursuing a starting calibre qb since January. And as the rumours of how long it may take Purdy to return, more so.

Lance got injured last year. There was no need for anyone to chant "give him a chance".

I have no idea where you get the idea that Lance is thick. If you check around on people who would know, his intelligence and football smarts were highly rated.

Right now until we find out when Purdy will return and what sort of condition he will be in, it is not a question of "what Brock did". For the time being and for an indeterminate period, the starting qb is between Lance and Darnold. When Brock returns I am going to be cheering for whoever starts and in the meantime, the same..

I don't follow your first paragraph. I don't recall seeing any evidence that Shanahan is not eager to give him a chance. If that was so I think we would have been pursuing a starting calibre qb since January. And as the rumours of how long it may take Purdy to return, more so.

Lance got injured last year. There was no need for anyone to chant "give him a chance".

I have no idea where you get the idea that Lance is thick. If you check around on people who would know, his intelligence and football smarts were highly rated.

Right now until we find out when Purdy will return and what sort of condition he will be in, it is not a question of "what Brock did". For the time being and for an indeterminate period, the starting qb is between Lance and Darnold. When Brock returns I am going to be cheering for whoever starts and in the meantime, the same..

You literally said "until I see him given a chance"…..but okay

The new tests used to gauge QBs quick thinking are better, but they still aren't perfect. Not every human that tests well can apply it on a football field. There would be no "we're fielding calls" or "we're not looking to trade Trey, but we are listening", crap going on if they felt like they absolutely could not enter the season without him. They seem content with Darnold for a couple games if Brock is not ready

The new tests used to gauge QBs quick thinking are better, but they still aren't perfect. Not every human that tests well can apply it on a football field. There would be no "we're fielding calls" or "we're not looking to trade Trey, but we are listening", crap going on if they felt like they absolutely could not enter the season without him. They seem content with Darnold for a couple games if Brock is not ready

Purdy may be out the whole season. Fairly sure very few people want to start Darnold for the whole season and a rookie 3rd rounder as qb2.

Purdy may be out the whole season. Fairly sure very few people want to start Darnold for the whole season and a rookie 3rd rounder as qb2.

Very slim possibility, but if he is out the whole season and we haven't traded for Aaron/Cousins or gotten Brady, then we aren't winning a SB anyways. Trust me, Kyle and John know all these possibilities could happen, they know Brock could get reinjured or regress and they're still willing to listen in on letting Trey go. That tells me a whole lot about their assessment of him
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Apr 22, 2023 at 5:06 AM ]
Don't see any reason to trade him so - no sale unless it's a "can't say no" type offer which I really doubt any team is willing to give right now.
If Trey's value was high when he was drafted it should be almost the same today. He has done nothing to really change people's opinion much as he just hasn't played much. It's not like he has some big sample size of games where he has struggled. The injury I guess does bring his value down abit. If he was worth being picked in the top 10 when he was drafted in a deep class he should be worth a 1st round minimum today. Especially when you look at this year's QB draft class. He's still a better prospect than alot of QB's who are expected to go in the 1st RD of this year's draft. And still just as young.
Love the ham sandwich option. Not trading him.

1. He has 2 years left on his rookie contract + option.

2. He has potential that still needs to be explored.

3. Lance has not played enough to form an opinion.

4. Purdy is coming off a major injury.

5. As much as I love Purdy and how he played. I need to see more before I would give him the keys. He has not played even a full season at this point.

6. not clear when Purdy will be ready.

7. If you are trying to recover draft picks you are wasting your time. He doesnt have any significant value until he proves it. He is more valuable to the 49ers than what we would get in draft picks.

8. Good QBs dont grow on trees and good ones are tough to find. We should make sure before we let TL walk.

9. Competition between TL and Purdy should help to provide quality data to handover the keys.

If TL cannot show he can be a Top QB in the NFL by his 4th year, I will take the ham sandwich with pickle.
[ Edited by TD49ers on Apr 22, 2023 at 6:56 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JTB1974:
If Trey's value was high when he was drafted it should be almost the same today. He has done nothing to really change people's opinion much as he just hasn't played much. It's not like he has some big sample size of games where he has struggled. The injury I guess does bring his value down abit. If he was worth being picked in the top 10 when he was drafted in a deep class he should be worth a 1st round minimum today. Especially when you look at this year's QB draft class. He's still a better prospect than alot of QB's who are expected to go in the 1st RD of this year's draft. And still just as young.

Exactly, which is why I think Trey Lance can at least get the 9ers a 1st round pick.
Share 49ersWebzone