There are 215 users in the forums

Da Bears sign OT Matt Pryor

Shop 49ers game tickets
One of the better signings in my opinion. We need someone that can play minutes at tackle today. While there's prospects in the draft, there's not a lot of true tackles that are in our draft range and that I think are better tackles today then Mckivitz, Burford, Moore. Have to move up for Freeland. Likely have to move up for Bergeron and I think he's moved to guard at first. Saldivieri likely moving to IOL as well. Maybe developed into OT, but we need minutes today. RT of course, but wouldn't be shocked to see Trent miss a few as well. At minimum this takes pressure off to move up for o line. I'd still be inclined to look at o line in the 3rd, but time to start looking at 5th round prospects for development and depth.
Originally posted by scooterhd:
One of the better signings in my opinion. We need someone that can play minutes at tackle today. While there's prospects in the draft, there's not a lot of true tackles that are in our draft range and that I think are better tackles today then Mckivitz, Burford, Moore. Have to move up for Freeland. Likely have to move up for Bergeron and I think he's moved to guard at first. Saldivieri likely moving to IOL as well. Maybe developed into OT, but we need minutes today. RT of course, but wouldn't be shocked to see Trent miss a few as well. At minimum this takes pressure off to move up for o line. I'd still be inclined to look at o line in the 3rd, but time to start looking at 5th round prospects for development and depth.

Bolded the guy I think we'll target.
He's a big dude! Road grader
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

I think that's wrong. Maybe a couple of years ago.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/matt-pryor/46647?season=2022

2021 looks a lot better.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/matt-pryor/46647?season=2021

Wonder what happened. Probly fighting through something.
Veteran competition for RT. He was bad for Indy last year so I'm guessing this is basically a vet min deal. Bring a guy in, shake the tree, see what happens.

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I hope we get a power running back that doesn't really fit the scheme of the offense.

Dude this draft is so insanely deep at RB, there's no way that Shanahan will be able to resist drafting one. Its like walking a fat kid through a Krispy Kreme and telling them they can't have any. Don't deny Kyle that.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I hope we get a power running back that doesn't really fit the scheme of the offense.

Dude this draft is so insanely deep at RB, there's no way that Shanahan will be able to resist drafting one. Its like walking a fat kid through a Krispy Kreme and telling them they can't have any. Don't deny Kyle that.

Just not in the third round this time please.^^
As for Matt Pryor, it´s another guy for the O-Line. It gives less urgency to reach for a RT in the draft. I don´t like this idea to trade up with two of the third round picks to get someone.
Cool can bypass wasting draft capital on a dime a dozen position.

Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Well looks like O-line may not be a top priority in the draft.

It better be!

Right. Id still want then to target a tackle with one of the first 3 picks. Competition, depth, someone that can start if necessary, etc.

To add, we need bodies for camp. We are filling out a 90 man roster, not a 53. Get the best 90 you can find and let then battle it out.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Mar 27, 2023 at 11:50 AM ]
Originally posted by pdc20:
Just not in the third round this time please.^^
As for Matt Pryor, it´s another guy for the O-Line. It gives less urgency to reach for a RT in the draft. I don´t like this idea to trade up with two of the third round picks to get someone.

I'm saying this RB class is so deep he can wait until the 5th round, or the 6th round, even the 7th. t.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I'm saying this RB class is so deep he can wait until the 5th round, or the 6th round, even the 7th. t.

4 7ths give you a great chance to take a flier. Got 4 guys signed for 2023 so there really is no reason to draft one any higher.
Originally posted by scooterhd:

For sure. Now we've replaced Daniel Brunskill and basically, Colton McKivitz (swing T). We still want to bring in a real challenger to Colton McKivitz esp. because we know OL drop like flies around here.

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Right. Id still want then to target a tackle with one of the first 3 picks. Competition, depth, someone that can start if necessary, etc.

No doubt. But it does sound like we might need to trade up if we're looking for a legit starter and not developmental hope for next year.
  • GPC49
  • Veteran
Somebody mentioned we hopefully will now draft a power back, well if Jordan Mason isn't a power running back I don't know who is! He is a beast who in his limited carries as a rookie averaged 6 yards per carry is going to be their red zone go to back down the road!
[ Edited by GPC49 on Mar 27, 2023 at 11:31 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Tremendous depth signing, Baldy would certainly agree.

Love it! More competition all across the roster
Good signing.

Versatile Oline guy.

Can always cut him if we get someone better. Until then, he can fill in where necessary.
Share 49ersWebzone