There are 186 users in the forums

49ers Placekicker Zane Gonzalez

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by 49ersFan12345:
I am sorry but this is the worst trade in franchise history, 49ers could have Zane for FREE!

Looolllll

Hahahha might be the lowest risk trade lynch has ever made.
Originally posted by tankle104:
I am sorry but this is the worst trade in franchise history, 49ers could have Zane for FREE!

Looolllll

just read the terms..

conditional..
late round..

so i am guessing we don't even give a pick; unless he makes roster as our actual kicker; in which case we kick over a late round 6th or 7th in 2025, so not this year or next but year after that
So we swapped seventh rounders in 2025? Two years from now? lol. This was essentially the Panthers saying "hey, I know you're looking for kicker competition with Robbie not wanting to come back, instead of releasing him, how bout we swap picks in a couple years? Your late rounder is prob gonna be higher."

With how many picks we have I wouldn't be surprised at all if we still drafted a kicker. IMO Gonzo is a camp leg and kicker competition.

PROS - One great year, and a big leg

CONS - Has struggled with injuries as well as pressure kicks.

Some kickers take time to settle in, you really never know. Though it's interesting how many top kicker prospects wind up failing in the NFL. Aguayo was amazing in college, disastrous in the pros.

Still wish we would take a look at the CFL guys. Lewis Ward has been great for years there.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 26, 2023 at 10:22 AM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
The reaction in this thread to an absolute non-story is breathtakingly on brand for the Webzone.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by tankle104:

Looolllll

just read the terms..

conditional..
late round..

so i am guessing we don't even give a pick; unless he makes roster as our actual kicker; in which case we kick over a late round 6th or 7th in 2025, so not this year or next but year after that

Absolutely great job by Lynch & CO.
Originally posted by raywm3:
Im sorry. I love Lynch, but WHAT....THE.....ACTUAL......f**k?????!!!!!! You f**king traded for someone you could have signed off the street for the absolute league minimum?????????

This post is what the actual f**k.
Originally posted by okdkid:
The reaction in this thread to an absolute non-story is breathtakingly on brand for the Webzone.

The free agency dance. Both the 49ers and Gould's camp dance this waltz very well.

The 49ers lead by trading for an idiot kicker. Gould's camp responds by sending out "feelers" to other teams.

I'm sure you're just being overdramatic.

But if serious, trading Charles Haley to Dallas was the worst.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by raywm3:
Im sorry. I love Lynch, but WHAT....THE.....ACTUAL......f**k?????!!!!!! You f**king traded for someone you could have signed off the street for the absolute league minimum?????????

This post is what the actual f**k.
Someone do a welfare check on raywm3. Dude lost it over nothing
I think that a lot of playing kicker is mental - I mean the consistency and being clutch with your kicks. You don't get many plays a game and when you do, you're always expected to make the FG. Sometimes a change of scenery is what they need.

He's played for crap organizations - browns, Arizona, Carolina, and lions. So I'm hoping the great culture we have is going to help him shine. He obviously has it all physically.

There is just no way any of you have a strong opinion on this. You're manufacturing emotions.

They gave up nothing and owe him nothing. The only thing they did was insulate themselves from *needing* to draft a kicker. Every option is still on the table.

Zane says
You're done with Robbie Gould
100%. Well said.

"Worst trade in Niner history." LMFAO at the ridiculousness.
  • 91til
  • Veteran
lol
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
So we swapped seventh rounders in 2025? Two years from now? lol. This was essentially the Panthers saying "hey, I know you're looking for kicker competition with Robbie not wanting to come back, instead of releasing him, how bout we swap picks in a couple years? Your late rounder is prob gonna be higher."

With how many picks we have I wouldn't be surprised at all if we still drafted a kicker. IMO Gonzo is a camp leg and kicker competition.

PROS - One great year, and a big leg

CONS - Has struggled with injuries as well as pressure kicks.

Some kickers take time to settle in, you really never know. Though it's interesting how many top kicker prospects wind up failing in the NFL. Aguayo was amazing in college, disastrous in the pros.

Still wish we would take a look at the CFL guys. Lewis Ward has been great for years there.

BINGO, except the other way around with Lynch calling vs. Panthers calling us lol.

""That just kind of came where we got tipped by the agent that they (Carolina) had told him he's going to be released and called Fitterer and said, 'Look, we're not going to give you much, but we like him. We'd love to do something.'" Lynch explained."
Share 49ersWebzone