LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

49ers sign IOL Jon Feliciano

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
I see this guy taking the 6th OL role of Brunskill. Maybe they will use him as RG and Burford as a RT? Burford was a Tackle in College.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
If either of the Guards or Brendel go down with an injury we'll probably be grateful that we signed him

Everything they've done this offseason is right on the money.
Originally posted by pdc20:
I see this guy taking the 6th OL role of Brunskill. Maybe they will use him as RG and Burford as a RT? Burford was a Tackle in College.

That is the route they should go. Open competition at RG. Burford and McKivitz battle at RT. Hell add another vet tackle as there are still some decent ones still available for the right price.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Sorry, for the Brunskill mix up.

"No apologies"

you've lost that lovin' feeling - now drop and give me 50 Private Mayo

quapo, where the hell you been? I miss you when ever your not around. Alright, I'll give you 50, but you got to match me doing it upside down, lol.

My man Just still recovering from that bullhonkey loss. Missed you too brotha! This has got to be our year to win the Super Bowl. I got your 50 upside down

Now we are going to look better in pass protection than we have seen since the days of Jeff Garcia having time back there.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

"No apologies"

quapo, where the hell you been? I miss you when ever your not around. Alright, I'll give you 50, but you got to match me doing it upside down, lol.

My man Just still recovering from that bullhonkey loss. Missed you too brotha! This has got to be our year to win the Super Bowl. I got your 50 upside down

Now we are going to look better in pass protection than we have seen since the days of Jeff Garcia having time back there.

Gotha, brother. Hang around and hang out more often. I know it's slow right now, but no times is never a bad time to talk Niner football. A couple more months, bro. I just got a 55" Vizio with all the works. Just waiting for the season to start to see all those green fields and the Niner Gold and Red. Can't wait.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Mar 20, 2023 at 4:57 PM ]
he could be used for clear passing situations only

Really trying to figure out his role...Why would he go from a starting center, that was especially good in pass pro, to now being a 6th OL?
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Really trying to figure out his role...Why would he go from a starting center, that was especially good in pass pro, to now being a 6th OL?

It makes you feel like they told him there's a true open competition at RG, huh?
Originally posted by NCommand:

It makes you feel like they told him there's a true open competition at RG, huh?

Is there a competition then? I'd imagine RT will then be the competition between McK and Burford

Is there a competition then? I'd imagine RT will then be the competition between McK and Burford

That's a true possibility.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran

I think fans here are overthinking the signing. Prior to JF's signing, our depth had a combined 10 starts and an avg of 3 years in the league. We needed vet depth for TC purposes. This wouldn't displace Burford or McKivtiz's projected starter roles. And it certainly doesn't change our draft ambitions.

49ers are notorious for making these moves to secure any immediate outstanding needs ahead of the draft. In case they can't address a position, then they wouldn't be too f'd post draft.
Jose Feliciano and the Dancing Bear

"No apologies"

Gotha, brother. Hang around and hang out more often. I know it's slow right now, but no times is never a bad time to talk Niner football. A couple more months, bro. I just got a 55" Vizio with all the works. Just waiting for the season to start to see all those green fields and the Niner Gold and Red. Can't wait.

That's going to look clean

Hopefully this guy can be exactly like Brunskill and compete at RG and Burford can take over at RT if McKivitz faulters which is a decent possibility. Burford played Tackle in college too so it wouldn't be a hard transition. I've said this before, but I really hope Poe can get some reps at RG

I can see him being the backup center and then compete for RG and I think burford is going to RT, I agree. That makes the most sense. That gives our line a ton of flexibility if we get injures.

what will be interesting know is if we get a vet tackle to backup Williams etc or if they're comfortable with the young cats we've been grooming.

overall, I feel much better about our o line than I did last week.
Share 49ersWebzone