LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

DB Isaiah Oliver

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Luckycharms:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
It's nice to have a CU CB that ain't afraid to break a f**king nail

^ Yup this is true. His willingness isn't an issue at all, it's his ability to tackle that needs work

For what it's worth he was tied for 6th best run defender according to PFF last year with a 81.5 grade. So I'm not sure it's that big of an issue. But I looooove this signing, interested to see what his deal is but I really like this kid and think he's gonna be super solid in the slot. Him and Womack are good depth, now we need to draft a young safety who can fill in for Gibson next year and our secondary is looking real nice. Maybe also a late round flier on another outside CB for depth and development for when inevitably one of our guys gets injured.

A+ free agency signing in my opinion

Yeah last season was his best by far and I just hope it wasn't an anomaly. My point with my original post was more that "of the two"; his ability to tackle needs more work than his willingness to tackle, because Hysterikals post was an obvious shot at Witherspoon.
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
https://bloggingdirty.com/2023/01/27/atlanta-falcons-resign-isaiah-oliver/

"The Falcons cannot afford to let him walk because he will go on to flourish with a new team. He is finally healthy and was the team's best player in their final two games, so it is time to offer him another contract—whether that is another one-year deal or a multi-year deal, it doesn't matter, just bring him back!"

Injury prone? Well he'll fit right in.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
https://bloggingdirty.com/2023/01/27/atlanta-falcons-resign-isaiah-oliver/

"The Falcons cannot afford to let him walk because he will go on to flourish with a new team. He is finally healthy and was the team's best player in their final two games, so it is time to offer him another contract—whether that is another one-year deal or a multi-year deal, it doesn't matter, just bring him back!"

Injury prone? Well he'll fit right in.

Hahah sounds like our kind of player!! We usually get a lot of injuries cause our guys play so physical and violent.

i like it so far!! Rootin for the guy
Still no contract details
he's bigger and has the baalke special long arms going for him, I think he'll go back to his college days and play outside corner and have lenoir play the slot
Originally posted by Team49ers:
he's bigger and has the baalke special long arms going for him, I think he'll go back to his college days and play outside corner and have lenoir play the slot

Since he graded and played far better on the inside, he will be playing slot. Especially since Lenoir played well on the outside to end the year. Isiah even said he played better on the inside and he liked being closer to the line of scrimmage and run fits. If there are injuries like always at outside cb, he can play outside, just not very well. Our front 7 will make him look better anyways. Either way, we're good
Surprised we still haven't gotten contract details
Great signing, he was terrific in the slot and has the versatility to play outside if needed. This could be a better outcome than Moseley coming back for one year after ACL / Lenoir inside.
Originally posted by goatroppolo:
Surprised we still haven't gotten contract details

Literally came here to hopefully finally find out and see it's still a mystery.

Originally posted by 9moon:
HAHHAHAAH!!!

this is what I'm talking about !! NO need to rush rush on eMan or even let him walk.. this guy Oliver can be another " FOUND " for Lynch !!

FA season's been AWESOME !!!

?????

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/167680-emmanuel-moseley-signing-one-year-deal-lions/
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:

Good little breakdown. He should definitely be an upgrade over Ward at nickle.
I just want to know what we paid for him
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
I just want to know what we paid for him

Seriously why is it taking them so long to let us know the details. I'd say 4 to 5 million per year. He's an upgrade in the slot to Jimmy Ward
[ Edited by elguapo on Mar 19, 2023 at 1:47 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone