LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

DB Isaiah Oliver

Shop 49ers game tickets
Kyle signs guys when we lose to them. They were probably impressed when he intercepted Jimmy
He's solid...and will compete for the slot CB position. Gotta figure Lenior will pair up w/Ward. Hopefully they'll draft at least one CB...lots of fast guys who can cover in this year's class.
This guy is excellent at PBU's. Some of the longest arms I've seen. Almost down to his knees 80" wingspan. Good speed (4.5). Can also play outside if we have the usual injuries or DeMo is inconsistent. If we got him for 6 million or less per year it's a good deal. Our NCB's have gotten burned during important games (especially on the slot fades) so this may be an upgrade.
[ Edited by elguapo on Mar 15, 2023 at 11:05 PM ]
Originally posted by elguapo:
This guy is excellent at PBU's. Some of the longest arms I've seen. Almost down to his knees 80" wingspan. Good speed (4.5). Can also play outside if we have the usual injuries or DeMo is inconsistent. If we got him for 6 million or less per year it's a good deal. Our NCB's have gotten burned during important games (especially on the slot fades) so this may be an upgrade.
Anybody know the terms?
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
He's solid...and will compete for the slot CB position. Gotta figure Lenior will pair up w/Ward. Hopefully they'll draft at least one CB...lots of fast guys who can cover in this year's class.

DJ Turner, Michigan can fly has long arms - a better, more experienced Ambry Thomas
Originally posted by ChuckLeavy32:

DJ Turner, Michigan can fly has long arms - a better, more experienced Ambry Thomas

I say trade up for Deonte Banks
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

I like both options
Originally posted by lamontb:

I like both options

Hahaha, I like it! I don't remember Williams being a big name before he got here. I guess he still really isn't but he did well here. Excited to see what this guy can do.
Great signing
Good signing here in my opinion. Great overall athlete. Father and uncle played in the NFL. Dude finished 7th in the PAC 12 decathlon as a true freshman and 4th as a sophomore. Ran a 10.56 100m dash in high school. 3x state track champ. Wingspan is in the 96th percentile. A legit 6 feet. He has all the tools and looks the part.

Oliver was drafted as an outside corner but really struggled there. He doesnt have elite top end speed and he struggles timing his hip turn to run upfield. In his college days, Colorado was playing a 3-4 defense. His first DC was Jim Leavitt - the 49ers LB coach during the Harbaugh days. And that unit excelled at creating pressure and forcing quick throws. In 2016 Colorado led the country in DB havoc rate. Near the top in 2017 as well. In college he excelled on a team that wants to get after the quarterback and allow the secondary to play physical at the line of scrimmage to force quick throws. Off man coverage on the outside as a Falcon exposed him some. But the move back to the slot put him in the quick 1 on 1 match ups in tighter space, where his length really limits throwing windows . Thats going to be his home with the 49ers. Is he depth for outside? Sure. But he's a nickel corner. The only problem is the injury history.

Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Kyle signs guys when we lose to them. They were probably impressed when he intercepted Jimmy

Worked with Charvarius Ward doe
very under rated move. Glad it's for more than 1 year!
More and more i read about this guy the more i like. Nice signing
Any update on his contract?
Originally posted by 49ers808:
It's nice to have a CU CB that ain't afraid to break a f**king nail

^ Yup this is true. His willingness isn't an issue at all, it's his ability to tackle that needs work

For what it's worth he was tied for 6th best run defender according to PFF last year with a 81.5 grade. So I'm not sure it's that big of an issue. But I looooove this signing, interested to see what his deal is but I really like this kid and think he's gonna be super solid in the slot. Him and Womack are good depth, now we need to draft a young safety who can fill in for Gibson next year and our secondary is looking real nice. Maybe also a late round flier on another outside CB for depth and development for when inevitably one of our guys gets injured.

A+ free agency signing in my opinion
Share 49ersWebzone