LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

DB Isaiah Oliver

Shop 49ers game tickets
Hope it works out. Kind of low cost fpr #6 rated tackler in league. If he works out maybe we can throw something extra his way.
Looks like this was mainly a Wilks pick according to Lynch yesterday at Stanford pro day.

To replace Ward, the 49ers brought in cornerback Isaiah Oliver, a player who caught the eye of the team's defensive coordinator.

"Steve Wilks really identified him as, for today's football, he's almost the prototype for the nickel back position: bigger, longer athletic, and with all these screens going on, he uses his hands really well," Lynch said.
Originally posted by Luckycharms:
Looks like this was mainly a Wilks pick according to Lynch yesterday at Stanford pro day.

To replace Ward, the 49ers brought in cornerback Isaiah Oliver, a player who caught the eye of the team's defensive coordinator.

"Steve Wilks really identified him as, for today's football, he's almost the prototype for the nickel back position: bigger, longer athletic, and with all these screens going on, he uses his hands really well," Lynch said.

We've moved from two DC's who's specialty was the LB position to now, DB's. So I'm going to trust his eye for Oliver and Hartsfield esp. when they are already known to him.
Originally posted by NCommand:

We've moved from two DC's who's specialty was the LB position to now, DB's. So I'm going to trust his eye for Oliver and Hartsfield esp. when they are already known to him.

Agree.

I don't think Wilks wants them because they are buddies or some misplaced loyalty.

If they fail - he fails. He has way too much riding on their playing at a high level.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Agree.

I don't think Wilks wants them because they are buddies or some misplaced loyalty.

If they fail - he fails. He has way too much riding on their playing at a high level.

Yup yup. Plus it's always nice having a few players who can help teach the others as well during this transition.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Agree.

Yup yup. Plus it's always nice having a few players who can help teach the others as well during this transition.

• Tman
  • Veteran
Hoping for the best with this guy but yesterday was a pretty rough first impression
Feels like an Antonio Langham signing IMO. Can't discard a guy after one preseason game though.
Business decisions. He'll be more than alright.
Thought he was good.

This dude got me worried

hoping Womack can step in
That TD he gave up is a tough cover. The outside CB did him no favors as well. Not many slots in the NFL would have shut down that play IMO
Originally posted by 49ers808:
That TD he gave up is a tough cover. The outside CB did him no favors as well. Not many slots in the NFL would have shut down that play IMO

Yeah that out route was kinda just a play Vs coverage win more than the receiver beating Oliver
Originally posted by 49ers808:

808 I'm gonna need you to be more irrational and overreact like the rest of us… thanks.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
This dude got me worried

hoping Womack can step in

I never understood why they moved Womack outside. I like him inside. Keeps Oliver on his toes and makes him earn it. Who's he really competing with?
Share 49ersWebzone