LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

QB Sam Darnold is a Viking

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Kazuya49:

He talks about Trey/Mac being the 2 guys the 49ers were locked into at 6:40

This would of been a great situation for Mac, his skill set would of transferred really well. I still feel like he wouldn't of been great but he would of done really well here.

us fans would of been underwhelmed eventually though. I'm glad we didn't take him.

makes me sad they didn't consider fields 😭😭.
I wonder why that is. I'd be really curious to hear his honest thoughts on all the guys. I feel like the whole Josh allen phenom had an impact on us getting Trey because of how Allen can run.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:

This would of been a great situation for Mac, his skill set would of transferred really well. I still feel like he wouldn't of been great but he would of done really well here.

us fans would of been underwhelmed eventually though. I'm glad we didn't take him.

I wonder why that is. I'd be really curious to hear his honest thoughts on all the guys. I feel like the whole Josh allen phenom had an impact on us getting Trey because of how Allen can run.

It wasn't Allen... it was not him at all...

Shanny just saw too much of Patrick in him after rolling out to the left and launching a 68 yard bomb ON A WORK OUT.. it was the same pattern that Mahomes got our D in the Super Bowl.

What he forgot is that it was only a work out.. lol
Originally posted by 9moon:

Shanny just saw too much of Patrick in him after rolling out to the left and launching a 68 yard bomb ON A WORK OUT.. it was the same pattern that Mahomes got our D in the Super Bowl.

moon what are we calling Sam Darnold?
Originally posted by tankle104:

Mahommes instincts on the field are arguably unparalleled. They're just incredible - the way he plays, especially after admitting he didn't start really understanding reading defenses until year 3. That can't be taught.

either you have that or you don't
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
and there article about Kyle really liking Fields .. 49ers do their due diligence on every player.

yessir brick by brick
leave no stone unturned
one day at a time
and as always, gotta review the film

I nearly forgot about those depressing pressers
Niners legend David Carr, of we want Carr fame:

"Trey Lance is still unproven in this league," Carr said on-air. "And so you insert Sam Darnold, who I think belongs in this system. I've actually been saying for the last couple of years [that] he would be great in a system like this.

"He finds himself with a great football team. I would even argue that he might have a little bit more ability than Brock Purdy. Although Brock again played great, fantastic as a rookie, I think Sam has a little more down-the-field ability and a lot of the same ability to move, ability to buy time, delegate the football.

"[Darnold] had a good year last year. He's going to enter this thing with a lot of reps. Trey is unproven. Sam is kind of proven in this league. So I think it's going to be very interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if Sam starts Week 1 and then Brock kind of comes in and does kind of what he did last year."
  • thl408
Sam Darnold is going to have a similar career arc as Steve Young. Good, athletic prospect drafted to a crap team. Going to ball out with the 49ers.
(I also said this about Blaine Gabbert)
Originally posted by thl408:
Sam Darnold is going to have a similar career arc as Steve Young. Good, athletic prospect drafted to a crap team. Going to ball out with the 49ers.

love that one, thought that when the brought him onboard..

we can dream

I really think in this offense a lot is possible, I haven't seen an SF offense like this in like 25 years, so much talent
People trying to push this "hey it's more likely than not…" Darnold will start the season really just talking out of their ass. Why is it more likely than not? Trey's going into 3rd year of system despite very limited game reps. Darnold barely getting playbook. Oh and by the way if Brock is ready for game action by the end of training camp he'll be the starter anyways so these guys are full of crap. Just fabricate some BS for clickbait.
[ Edited by ninerjok on Mar 30, 2023 at 12:37 PM ]

Cole Sear

Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Cole Sear

this is why I asked moon, moon can do better than that
Originally posted by thl408:

"Trey Lance is still unproven in this league," Carr said on-air. "And so you insert Sam Darnold, who I think belongs in this system. I've actually been saying for the last couple of years [that] he would be great in a system like this.

"He finds himself with a great football team. I would even argue that he might have a little bit more ability than Brock Purdy. Although Brock again played great, fantastic as a rookie, I think Sam has a little more down-the-field ability and a lot of the same ability to move, ability to buy time, delegate the football.

"[Darnold] had a good year last year. He's going to enter this thing with a lot of reps. Trey is unproven. Sam is kind of proven in this league. So I think it's going to be very interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if Sam starts Week 1 and then Brock kind of comes in and does kind of what he did last year."

watch Darnold be the one who wins a SB for the Niners lolol

Lol yeah.. not worried about him beating Purdy but Darnold does have an excellent physical skill set that fits this offensive style well. I could see him playing his best ball here - but def don't want him as a long term starter.
I find it funny that Darnold has been in the league like 5 years and has failed everywhere and today still has trouble reading defenses but yet every media outlet are making excuses and willing to give him chance after chance. But Trey who is 22 and played 4 games is never going to be good according to these same people.
Share 49ersWebzone