LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

QB Sam Darnold is a Viking

Shop 49ers game tickets
The plot thickens...

Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
The plot thickens...

Apparently Lance had three drops on good throws.
The plot thickens...

Darnold over the Jets in the SB; confirmed
The plot thickens...

Slingin Sammy leader in the clubhouse for QB2 over TL
Welp this whole situation just got the touch of death, from Adam Schein
he was riding Buffalo all year as the 'team to beat' last year, iirc
his bold prediction:

1) Sam Darnold beats Jets in Super Bowl

This is an attention-grabbing prediction, to say the least. But it's not unreasonable. At this point in time, it's what I feel. Allow me to explain ...

The 49ers are the best roster in the NFL, 2-53. They just need to find that No. 1. Who's poised to man the game's most important position for San Francisco? Well, Brock Purdy is currently recovering from major elbow surgery, while Trey Lance is still struggling with the forward pass. So, in the moment, that leaves Sam Darnold as The Guy. And I see that as a golden opportunity.

I've always loved Darnold's raw talent. But he was dealt a raw hand in New York and Carolina. Just ask Le'Veon Bell about Adam Gase's development -- or lack thereof -- of the former No. 3 overall pick. I always wanted to see what Darnold could do with better support. Now he's under the watchful eye of offensive genius Kyle Shanahan, flanked by immense talent on both sides of the ball. Offensively, the 49ers boast an assortment of playmakers at running back, receiver and tight end, as well as a stout O-line. Defensively, San Francisco just finished first in points and yards allowed. I think Darnold has a real chance to take this opportunity and run with it. Therefore, there's a realistic chance I ultimately pick the Niners to win the whole damn thing with my official predictions in September.

On the AFC side, I've been debating between the Bills and Jets as the conference's Super Bowl LVIII reps. But last week, I scored an exclusive interview with Aaron Rodgers on my SiriusXM Radio show, "Schein on Sports." And with that chat still fresh in my mind -- particularly Rodgers' visualization of his Jets winning it all like the '86 Mets -- I am indeed drinking the Gang Green Kool-Aid. The Jets have an all-time quarterback, explosive weaponry and a top-five defense. It's not hard to envision a magical season reaching into February.

So there you have it: 49ers over Jets in the Las Vegas Super Bowl. Pencil it in. And pencil Darnold into the starting lineup. Is there a chance Purdy eventually is good to go and retakes the reins? Sure. But at the outset of summer, Darnold's in the catbird seat. And I still believe he has the natural talent to take advantage of an enviable situation.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
The plot thickens...

Darnold over the Jets in the SB; confirmed

its the only reasonable prediction.
The plot thickens...

I like how Cohn the TL Drone mentions that Sammy was passing against 2nd team scrubs, but didn't mention that TL was passing against 3rd and 4th depth pine riders.
Belief in this dude is just a religion at this point.
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
I like how Cohn the TL Drone mentions that Sammy was passing against 2nd team scrubs, but didn't mention that TL was passing against 3rd and 4th depth pine riders.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/169357-49ers-coach-brian-griese-about-brock-purdy-darnold/
this from ESPN Nick Wagoner:

Storyline to watch: The quarterback quandary continues

Brock Purdy remains the presumptive starter, but he's still in the early stages of the throwing program that goes with his recovery from right elbow surgery. Which means Trey Lance and Sam Darnold will continue to get the bulk of the reps. They've taken turns with the starting unit during OTAs in what passing game coordinator Klint Kubiak calls a "pretty fierce" competition. Nothing about the quarterback pecking order will be decided during this minicamp, but it will set the stage for what figures to be an interesting training camp at the most important position. -- Nick Wagoner
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
The plot thickens...

Hilarious when people spin facts to fit their narrative, isn't it?

Sounds like from multiple people that Sam hasn't separated from Lance at all. Sounds like he's still dealing with a lot of the same issues (shocker).

why isn't Sam talked about as a trade option? Team loses a QB in camp, why wouldn't he be an option? SF actually saves more cash this yr moving him.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Sounds like from multiple people that Sam hasn't separated from Lance at all. Sounds like he's still dealing with a lot of the same issues (shocker).

why isn't Sam talked about as a trade option? Team loses a QB in camp, why wouldn't he be an option? SF actually saves more cash this yr moving him.
being on par with Lance after lance has been here for two years+ is not a good look
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

being on par with Lance after lance has been here for two years+ is not a good look

Being on par with Lance after starting 55 games is not a good look.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

So then everyone agrees that if Brock isn't under center it's not a good look
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

So then everyone agrees that if Brock isn't under center it's not a good look

Brock played better than Jimmy and we were competitive with Jimmy. I'd say not having Brock is not a good look.
Share 49ersWebzone