LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 145 users in the forums

Biggest offseason need

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Biggest offseason need

Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by dlance:
I do not think he is walking away. I think he is getting older and get hurt almost every year. Every year he has been with the 49er he has missed games. They need a plan for when he is hurt. If McGlinchey leaves and McKivitz or Moore are starting on the right side ? Who plays Left tackle while Williams is out with an injury ? Plus his cap number is going up every year. In 2024 he is 28 mil in 2025 his cap is 30 mil. I think they need a plan for tackle and not wait till he is ready to retire because on injury or age. Right now the plan looks like it McKivitz or Moore? Maybe one or both will be great ???

What's the plan if Moseley and Ward walk?

Hard to see Moseley going elsewhere coming off an ACL injury. I don't think lots of teams are going to be bidding high for him even though he played at an elite level prior to getting injured.

I can see Demeco grabbing him
  • BP13
  • Veteran
offensive line, right side
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by dlance:
I do not think he is walking away. I think he is getting older and get hurt almost every year. Every year he has been with the 49er he has missed games. They need a plan for when he is hurt. If McGlinchey leaves and McKivitz or Moore are starting on the right side ? Who plays Left tackle while Williams is out with an injury ? Plus his cap number is going up every year. In 2024 he is 28 mil in 2025 his cap is 30 mil. I think they need a plan for tackle and not wait till he is ready to retire because on injury or age. Right now the plan looks like it McKivitz or Moore? Maybe one or both will be great ???

What's the plan if Moseley and Ward walk?

Hard to see Moseley going elsewhere coming off an ACL injury. I don't think lots of teams are going to be bidding high for him even though he played at an elite level prior to getting injured.

I can see Demeco grabbing him

Oh yeah I forgot about him lol....Okay maybe Texans or Jets just because of familiarity with the coaches.
Free safety is the biggest need. Literally have zero signed. Any other position at least here is a body.

This. With T Moore, Ward, Gibson all FA we literally have 0 FS on the roster, atleast with RT we have Mckivitz/Moore as possible fill ins. Gibson may retire and Ward will likely be too expensive.
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Originally posted by BobSacamano69:
Once again the chiefs were able to win a SB cause they were able to keep their QB upright an untouched long enough to make the needed throws down the field to win the game when it mattered

what does that tell you about what a team needs to win it all

OL OL OL and a TE that can block!

To simplify the Chiefs success to just pass protection would be like saying you could put any starting QB back there and they would win. When their pass protection was so poor they had to do all these upgrades, that team was STILL in the Super Bowl. To reduce their success to pass protection in too simplistic.

It reminds me of people that say Joe was great because he had Jerry Rice, totally forgetting who his skill position players were for the first two Super Bowls.
  • titan
  • Veteran
OL and CB
Looks like Poyer may be out of the question as far as FA safeties available for us.

Originally posted by Luckycharms:
Free safety is the biggest need. Literally have zero signed. Any other position at least here is a body.

This. With T Moore, Ward, Gibson all FA we literally have 0 FS on the roster, atleast with RT we have Mckivitz/Moore as possible fill ins. Gibson may retire and Ward will likely be too expensive.

He may not be ready, but I liked what I saw from Hawkins last year. Ideally, bring Gibson back on a 1 year deal, and see what Hawkins can do.

Also, Qwuantrezz Knight has some potential in the secondary, somewhere.
Share 49ersWebzone