LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 142 users in the forums

Biggest offseason need

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Biggest offseason need

Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
I would be surprised to see Kinlaw finally live up to his draft status. Our short yardage defense was one of the worse in the league this past season. That starts with the interior d line.

Think positive, if Kin can come back, he'd really help with short yardage and run defense.

When he has been on the field what has he shown that gives you such positivity?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I would be surprised to see Kinlaw finally live up to his draft status. Our short yardage defense was one of the worse in the league this past season. That starts with the interior d line.

Think positive, if Kin can come back, he'd really help with short yardage and run defense.

I mean think positive of his rehab and coming back healthy, dummy.
Promote, sign or draft a replacement for McGlinchey at RT. No need to pay him, use the savings to sign a FA DE to help opposite Bosa and to re-sign our own FA's.

MM had his best season as a pro in 2022. Think positive. When he comes back another year removed from his leg injury he will be even better.

I was simply answering the thread title. Imo, DT is our biggest off season need. Just like you think it is RT.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Feb 8, 2023 at 3:32 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Promote, sign or draft a replacement for McGlinchey at RT. No need to pay him, use the savings to sign a FA DE to help opposite Bosa and to re-sign our own FA's.

MM had his best season as a pro in 2022. Think positive. When he comes back another year removed from his leg injury he will be even better.

Save the money that would be used on him to sign our FA's and to extend Bosa and Aiyuk.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

I was simply answering the thread title. Imo, DT is our biggest off season need. Just like you think it is RT.

Fair enough. Didn't mean to call you dummy, sorry.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Feb 8, 2023 at 3:34 PM ]

Save the money that would be used on him to sign our FA's and to extend Bosa and Aiyuk.

We are still going to have to spend that money on a starting RT since we have no draft picks before the 3rd round. Unless you think his replacement is in house?

No harm. I think I have a feel for you Mayo. You are a pleasant poster.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

No harm. I think I have a feel for you Mayo. You are a pleasant poster.

Thanks.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
We landed a very good one in Ward, I say we need another CB who's got 3 years left..

and.... don't forget a RT..

Resign Eman, Brendal, talk Gibson into one more year. Draft or sign DE, DT, RT,Backup TE, Another Safety and CB. Shame we need DT again.
Originally posted by braap49er:
Edge is our biggest need opposite of Bosa IMO. I felt our pass rush was non existent the past 4-6 games.

yah. Agree we need pass rush impact to compete against quality olines. That's job 1. #2 is better pass pro from c-rg-rt. All three.
QB that can stay healthy
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
QB that can stay healthy

Some say that's not possible cause of a scheme
You left out a new strength an conditioning staff
Share 49ersWebzone