Podcast: 49ers Franchise QB Drought →

There are 242 users in the forums

49ers Defensive Coordinator - Steve Wilks

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Rock Paper Scissors for it

when my thread gets the Official flair next to the title



I started the DeMeco thread. This is a good omen.

I like this hire. And he's not likely to get plucked away even if he end up being DC of the year.
Somebody sell me on his defensive coordinator experience. I get he has exp as a head coach but looking at his resume he''s only been a DC twice for 1 year each?
If he does really well and becomes a head coach next year, do we get more comp picks then?
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Someone tell me how to feeeeel…

Optimistic, cautiously. Allow Steve Wilks the chance to prove himself and then later on make a more informed opinion.
Any CAR bros that are FAs we may be in play for with this?
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:
If he does really well and becomes a head coach next year, do we get more comp picks then?

Yes.
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:
If he does really well and becomes a head coach next year, do we get more comp picks then?

Yes.

The San Francisco 49CompPicks
I like it. He does good work in the secondary. Essentially another experienced HC.
  • thl408
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 30,002
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Rock Paper Scissors for it

when my thread gets the Official flair next to the title



I started the DeMeco thread. This is a good omen.

You beat him by a New York minute.

Just great. Another one and done coordinator that will feed off of Kyle's success. Bitter sweet moment. I think he's a good one but he's head coach material which means we'll lose him after one or two seasons.
  • evil
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 45,214
Originally posted by miked1978:
Somebody sell me on his defensive coordinator experience. I get he has exp as a head coach but looking at his resume he''s only been a DC twice for 1 year each?

Not that he is infallible, but the same guy who hired Wilks, also hired Saleh and Demeco.

Trust the process.
Maybe he can lure an interior D lineman from Carolina to take a team-friendly deal?
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Rock Paper Scissors for it

when my thread gets the Official flair next to the title



I started the DeMeco thread. This is a good omen.

Share 49ersWebzone