LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 239 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
too bad we don't get any draft picks if WIlks becomes a HC next offseason....
Originally posted by picklejuice:

I don't think he will get a call after 1 season.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

I feel like with the players we still have, our standard of the defense should be top 1-3, which is no easy feat even with talented players. The coach has to be good too.
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
I'll just put this question here cuz ican't find the flannigan fowles thread.

Why did we let shaair walk, then not tender his back up? I don't get it.

They might just elevate Burks, draft a rookie or have a FA in mind.

Though f-f was doing pretty well.

Burks ranked 17th among all linebackers last season, 3 spots behind Greenlaw and 13 spots ahead of Al-Shaair.
Burks looke fine to me last year. Draft and develop a guy behind him. Now Fowles isn't very good
I wonder if we're going back to more C3 and the original personnel formula given we've brought in Oliver who'd be a taller/longer SCB and are looking at Lonnie Johnson Jr. who's 6'2" 210 as well.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I love the versatility, but the cost :(. I honestly would love for us to develop a player that had that kind of versatility. Basically our own chess piece on defense. I am not expecting Micah Parsons, but someone who can rush and drop (think Ahmad Brooks) would be great.

Man! That 2011-2013 defense still brings back fond memories of how dominant they were

Aldon Smith, Willis, Bowman and Brooks - ALL of them ALL PROS (Brooks was a second team all pro)

One of the best LB groups in NFL history

Justin smith was all pro at two positions one season. Which I've never heard of happening before
Originally posted by YACBros85:

Burks ranked 17th among all linebackers last season, 3 spots behind Greenlaw and 13 spots ahead of Al-Shaair.

I don't think we wanted to lose Shaair. He was too expensive and wanted to start, which I understand. He was underrated but a stud.

idk much about wilks. Is he going to make big changes to our scheme?
Steve Wilks deserved the Carolina job, he turned that team around. Politics wins out, as it usually does. I'm sure he has a chip on both his shoulders.

Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

He's been shafted a few times for a HC job. He will get one more shot but will be here for probably 2-3 years
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Steve Wilks deserved the Carolina job, he turned that team around. Politics wins out, as it usually does. I'm sure he has a chip on both his shoulders.

I agree. He was shafted in Arizona too. I've never heard anything positive about the Arizona franchise. Cheap and controlling ownership.

everyone that works and plays for the 49ers raves about this place. Brendel just talked about how great this organization is in comparison to everywhere else he has been.
We have all the tools needed for a top defense. Barring any injuries we should at least be a top 5 defense in my eyes. No excuses~!
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
We have all the tools needed for a top defense. Barring any injuries we should at least be a top 5 defense in my eyes. No excuses~!

Five? Four? Three? Two? ONE, that sounds about right.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

No excuses is right, having Bosa, Armstead, Warner, Greenlaw and now Hargrave, should be enough to make any DC look good. And if they could add just one more edge rusher, perhaps someone with speed like Robert Quinn or Dante Fowler to make up for the loss of Ebukam.
[ Edited by Kolohe on Mar 20, 2023 at 8:15 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone